The Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology also known as the West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) will hold admissions to the postgraduate engineering courses. Qualifying in this examination will allow candidates to take admission to this university as well as other institutes affiliated to this university. It is a state level exam and it will hold exams for candidates willing to get admitted to M.Tech and M.Pharm courses in the state.
WBUT PGET 2019 Registration:
For candidates willing to appear for the WBUT PGET 2019 examination, they will have to register themselves through the official website – http://www.wbut.ac.in/.
There will be no separate application process.
WBUT PGET 2019 Application Details:
When candidates open the application page through the official website, they will have to fill up the following details, after downloading the form. Candidates can also fill up the form online and then take two printouts of the completed form, one to be sent to the University office and the other to be kept for future reference –
Subject Paper Code
Three Preference of Exam Cities
Physically Handicapped Status
Date of Birth
Candidates will also have to mention if they have GATE 2019 scores or not. Candidate will then have to upload a recent scanned passport size photograph and also his or her signature. After submitting the application online, the candidate will get an application number which they must keep for future reference.
After the whole form is filled, candidates will have to include self-attested copies of mark sheets, certificates, testimonials, and other necessary documents and will have to send University office, to the address given below –
The Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology,
West Bengal, BF 142, Sector 1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700064.
The application fee is Rs. 600 for general category candidates and Rs. 300 for SC/ST/OBC candidates. Payment has to be done through demand draft or online payment. This whole package should reach the university office before the last date of submission. Candidates who submit the applications after the last date will have to give a late fee of Rs. 1000.
WBUT PGET 2019 Rules and Regulations:
For candidates willing to appear for the WBUT PGET 2019 examination, being aware of the following rules is of importance –
- Admission to the post-graduate programme will be done on the basis of GATE scores and for candidates who haven’t appeared for GATE will have to sit for the admission test which will be conducted by the University.
- The eligibility criteria for each course will be different and it will be announced before the admission.
- In order to qualify for the M.Tech or M.Pharm degree, candidates will have to gather a minimum of 93-100 credits – as required and prescribed by the University.
- Back paper examinations (if any) will have to be cleared with end semester examinations. There will be no separate supplementary examinations held.
- Weightage of the course will be divided into credits, as specified in each subject.
WBUT PGET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to appear for the WBUT PGET will have to see to it that they qualify to the eligibility criteria as is given below –
- All applicants must be the citizen of a country.
- Candidate must have a bachelors degree in which he or she should have passed, under any of the courses of technology/engineering/architecture/pharmacy from a recognized university. Minimum score required to apply is 50%.
- Students who have done ITI courses from reputed institutions are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates with GATE scores are also eligible to apply for admission.
- Candidates with an M.Sc degree are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates currently appearing for their final exams are also eligible to apply.
WBUT PGET 2019 Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to appear for the WBUT PGET 2019 examination must keep the following dates in mind –
(P.S. – The time frame given below is tentative and subject to change.)
- Application forms for the WBUT PGET 2019 examination will be available from the month of June 2019.
- Closing date for the Capitulation of application form will be in the month of June 2019.
- The last date for submitting application forms will be in the month of June 2019.
- Admit card for the exam will be issued in the month of July 2019.
- The entrance examination will be conducted in the month of July 2019.
- Counseling dates will begin from July or August 2019.
WBUT PGET 2019 Exam Pattern:
For candidates willing to appear for the WBUT PGET 2019 examination, the exam pattern will be as is given below –
- The mode of language for the exam will be English.
- The exam will be conducted offline. It will be a pen and paper exam.
- Questions will be subjective in nature. They will all be MCQs. Options will be given from which the candidate will have to select the correct answer.
- There will be a total of 100 questions asked. Each question will be worth 1 mark.
- The exam will be worth 100 marks.
- The time limit for the exam will be 120 minutes or 2 hours.
- There will be no negative marking. Each correct answer will be awarded +1.
- The question paper will be divided into 4 parts –
PART A – English, Aptitude in Logic, Reasoning Power and Mathematics – 20 marks.
PART B – Mathematics, Basic Science and Engineering Science – 30 marks.
PART C – Relevant Engineering section – 50 marks.
WBUT PGET 2019 Syllabus:
Candidates willing to appear for the WBUT PGET 2019 examination must prepare the following topics, as is given below –
(The syllabus requirements are subject to change, as may be deemed necessary by the WBUT.)
- Basic Engineering topics.
- English topics will include vocabulary, punctuation, grammar, reading comprehension, etc.
- Basic Mathematics.
- Reasoning topics will include number series, coding-decoding, sitting arrangement, etc.
Certain books candidates can take help from are –
Wiley’s Quantitative Aptitude – P.A. Anand
Practice Book for GATE and PSUs – Made Easy Editorial Board.
WBUT PGET 2019 Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to appear for the WBUT PGET 2019 examination need to keep the following preparation tips in mind –
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks and NCERT books.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.
WBUT PGET Cut-off Details:
It is to be noted that WBUT does not release cut off details prior to the examination.
However, it is to be noted that the scoring pattern is different for GATE qualified candidates and that of non-GATE qualified candidates.
For GATE candidates, the score will be calculated as 70:30 (GATE score: WBUT PGET score.)
For none-GATE candidates, the score will be calculated as 80:20 (WBUT PGET score: Score in the last qualifying examination.)