West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is a state level entrance examination administered by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). WBJEE is the gateway to various Undergraduate Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture Courses in Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes located in the state of West Bengal.
It is expected that for the year 2019, the exam is going to be scheduled in the month of April 2019 and the registration process for the same will commence in the month of December 2018. The official website for WBJEE 2019 is www.wbjeeb.nic.in, which is expected to release the official notification for the examination in November 2018.
The candidates can obtain the application form from the official website. WBJEE 2019 will follow past trends in case of exam pattern, the syllabus, and the marking scheme. The exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2, with a time duration of 2 hours allotted for their respective completion. Based on marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam, WBJEE 2019 rank list will be prepared which will be the basis of admission. The results are expected to be declared in the month of June 2019.
Attempted by around 1.3 lakh candidates every year, WBJEE is considered to be amongst the toughest entrances and thus requires a comprehensive preparation.
WBJEE 2019 Application Details:
Step-1 Registration and Filling WBJEE 2019 Application Form
- Applicants must visit the official site, wbjeeb.nic.in to register for WBJEE 2019.
- Applicants must register on the portal with personal details like Applicant’s Name, Father and Mother’s Name, and DOB, Nationality, Religion, Income Category, Communication Address, and Academic Details etc.
- Applicant must select their preferred Examination Zone.
- Choose a password and security question & answer and submit the application.
- An application number will be auto-generated and SMS/email will be sent to the registered mobile number/email ID.
- Once entered, registration details cannot be changed and in case these details do not match with applicant’s academic certificates, candidature is likely to be canceled.
Step-2 Uploading Images
- Applicants need to upload a scanned copy of their photograph and signature of the prescribed specifications to WBJEE 2019 Application Form.
|Documents||Dimensions||File Type||File Size|
|Applicant’s recent, color, passport-size photograph||4 cm X 3 cm||JPG/JPEG||3 KB – 100 KB|
|Applicant’s signature||4 cm X 1.5cm||JPG/JPEG||3 KB – 30 KB|
Step-3 Payment of Application Fee
- The application fee of INR 500 (for all categories) can be paid either online or offline.
- Upon successful completion of the payment process, a confirmation page is generated, a printout of which needs to be secured until the admission process is over.
- Candidates can pay it using Debit/Credit Cards, Internet Banking, or Paytm.
- Once ‘Cash’ payment option is chosen on the WBJEE 2019 Application window, an e-Challan would appear with candidate’s details. This Challan needs to be printed and taken to any Allahabad Bank (Core-Banking) branch and payment made in cash.
- After payment, the candidate has to login to the official portal and upload the payment details stamped on the Candidate’s copy of the Challan (Journal No., Branch Name, and Date etc.).
- Once the payment details are uploaded, the Confirmation Page will be generated.
- The candidate is responsible to bear the bank transaction fees charged at the time of making online/offline payments.
WBJEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for WBJEE 2019 is given below;
- Candidate must be the citizen of India.
- The candidate should be of age 17 years as on 31.12.2019.
- There is no upper age limit for eligibility.
- For admission to the degree level Marine Engineering course, the upper age limit requirement is of 25 Years as on 31.12.2019.
- Applicants must have obtained an aggregate of 45% marks (40% in case of reserved categories) in three subjects (Physics and Mathematics along with one of Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science/Computer Application are the compulsory subjects. Candidates must have passed individually in all the three subjects) taken together in their 12th standard examination or an equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- It is necessary for the candidate to have passed in English with at least 30% marks.
- Applicants must have obtained an aggregate of 45% marks (40% in case of reserved categories) in three subjects (Physics and Chemistry along with any one of Mathematics/Biology as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks in all the three subjects) taken together in their 12th standard examination or an equivalent examination from a recognized board.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern:
The Examination Pattern for WBJEE 2019 is given below;
- Mode: Offline (OMR)
- Duration: 4 hours (2 hours each)
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Sections: (further divided into categories)
- Paper 1 – Physics and Chemistry
- Paper 2 – Mathematics
- Marks allotted for each correct answer:
- Category 1 – 1
- Category 2,3 – 2
- Marks deducted for each incorrect answer:
- Category 1 – ¼
- Category 2,3 – No negative marking
|Number of Questions|
|Subject||Category 1||Category 2||Category 3||Total Questions||Total Marks|
WBJEE 2019 Exam Dates:
Keeping a track of the important dates is vital for the candidates. The tentative schedule for the same is given below:
|1||Registration Commencement||3rd week of December 2019|
|2||A release of Admit Card||2nd week of April 2019|
|3||WBJEE 2019 Exam Date||4th week of April 2019|
|4||Availability of Provisional Answer Key||1st week of May 2019|
|5||Availability of Final Answer Key||3rd week of May 2019|
|6||Declaration of Result||4th week of May 2019|
|7||Registration for Counselling||2nd week of June 2019|
WBJEE 2019 Syllabus:
The detailed syllabus for paper 1 and paper 2 is given below;
- Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions
- Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid state Electronics
- Optics (II) Wave Optics
- The motion of the center of mass, connected systems, Friction
- Bulk properties of matter
- Heat & Thermal Physics
- Laws of motion
- Work, power, energy
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current
- Electromagnetic induction & alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Optics I (Ray optics)
- Particle nature of light & wave-particle dualism
- Atoms, Molecules & Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemistry of Metals
- Chemical Energetic and Chemical Dynamics
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Chemistry in Industry
- Co-ordinate Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Co-ordinate Geometry of Three Dimensions
How to Prepare for WBJEE 2019:
Since preparations for examinations tend to overwhelm the candidates. Here are a few tips to guide you through this exhausting process;
- Research: Candidates should research and thoroughly go through the WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern and Syllabus and plan accordingly. Since this exam recently turned entirely Computer-based, candidates should be well equipped to face this test.
- Outline and Strategize: An individual is a highly self-aware and incomplete knowledge of what he/she is good at, average at or weak at. This awareness shall facilitate strategizing to focus on areas of weaknesses and honing of exceptional skills.
- Preparatory Books: Innumerable publications have published books to help candidates prepare for the WBJEE 2019 examination. Do some research and find the books suiting your needs and start preparing.
- Practice on Mock Tests and Previous Years’ Papers: Mock tests help you organize your time as well as analyze your knowledge level. They bring forth your areas of strength and weaknesses and thus are necessary and extremely helpful. Previous Years’ question papers help you understand the exam pattern well and act accordingly.
- Focus: Focus is vital for anyone looking to achieve greater heights. An examination that opens doors to prestigious institutions can be succeeded at only if candidates are focused and dedicated.
- Time Management: Since this is a time-bound examination, candidates should focus on speedsolving. Improving interpretation and analyzation speed is key to securing a good percentile.
- Health First: Caught up in this exhausting preparation, don’t forget to keep a check on your health. Your efforts will be rendered futile if you fall ill one day before the examination. Drink lots of water and meditate to keep your calm.