Vignan’s foundation of Science, Technology, and Research is an outstanding platform to pursue higher education. Aspirants anticipating enrollment in the university under B. Tech or B. Pharma programme are supposed to take V-SAT Vignan’s Scholastic Aptitude Test. It is a computer-based test, conducted all across India for admissions in the very university and is located in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
The registration procedure is mentioned in the section below, followed by application form details, rules and regulations of the university, eligibility criteria, important dates, examination pattern, syllabus for examination and in the end is the section of preparation tips. We want you to be right on time and don’t miss any deadlines, be it the last date for registration or the commencement of counseling.
VSAT 2019 Registration Process:
STEP 1 – Visit the official website of Vignan’s foundation of Science, Technology, and Research. The link to the website is http://www.vignan.ac.in.
STEP 2 – Registration: Candidates can obtain the application on payment of Rs. 1200/- in person from Indian Banks – AP & Telangana or Vignan Schools or Colleges at Guntur, Hyderabad, Eluru, Rajahmundry, Visakhapatnam, Ongole and Vignan offices at Vijayawada, Guntur & Hyderabad.
Detailed list of availability of application:
|Indian Bank Branches|
|Amalapuram||Ramnagar X road|
|Bhimvaram Main Branch||Dilsukhnagar|
|Tadepalli Gudem||MVP Colony|
|Eluru Main Branch||Prakashnagar|
|Hyderabad Main Branch||Guntur Main Branch|
STEP 3 – Apply through DD: The filled application along with the DD for Rs. 1200/- drawn in favor of VFSTR Application Account, payable at Guntur should be sent to the following address so as to reach before the last date specified. Candidates should write their name and address on the reverse of the DD.
Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (Deemed to be University)
Vadlamudi, Guntur – 522 213 (A.P)- India
Ph : +91 863 – 2344777 / 78
Toll-free No. 1800-425-2529.
STEP 4 – Do not forget to affix your photograph along with the form.
STEP 5 – Fill the application form carefully. The application form details are mentioned in the next section.
VSAT 2019 Application Form Details:
The candidates are required to fill in the following fields in the application form:
- Name of the applicant.
- Date of Birth.
- Course choice.
- Choice of the test center.
- Choice of the test date.
- Choice of test time.
- Name of parent/ guardian.
- Address for correspondence.
- Email ID.
- Parent’s Occupation.
- Parent Annual Income.
- Residential area (Urban or Rural).
- Details of matriculation.
- 12th class details.
VSAT 2019 Rules and Regulations:
The rules and regulations mentioned below are exactly as per the guidelines mentioned on the official website:
Rules and regulations for Indian Candidates.
- The admission will be on the basis of the performance in the V-SAT /EAMCET/JEE-2019.
- The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the RANK obtained in V-SAT /EAMCET/JEE-2019, provided if he/she gets minimum B2 grade / CGPA of 7.0 in Andhra Pradesh or above 60% aggregate marks in Telangana State in the +2 / Intermediate examination as per the eligibility criteria. Admissions will be purely on merit and by following the reservation policy applicable to Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (Deemed to be University).
- A common merit list will be prepared based on the performance in the entrance test and eligible candidates will be called for the counseling to be held at the Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (Deemed to be University) premises at Vadlamudi, Guntur District, A.P.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. Having been appeared for the competitive examination or called for counseling does not necessarily mean acceptance of the eligibility/admission.
- The admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand canceled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as marks statements, transfer certificate, conduct certificate etc.) to the Dean-Admissions before the date stipulated in the admission offer.
- Admissions to various programmes will, however, be subject to verification of facts from the original certificates/documents of the candidates. In case any discrepancy is noticed even at a later point of time after admission, the management reserves the right to cancel the admission and such a decision shall be final and binding on the candidate.
Rules and regulations for foreign candidates:
- Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (Deemed to be University) is a secured campus. Total safety and security are ensured by the Caretakers, Wardens and Chief Warden (inside the Hostels) and by the Security staff and Chief Security Officer at the campus. The campus is Wi-Fi enabled and all classrooms and hostels are under the surveillance of CC TV cameras.
- At Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (Deemed to be University), all the International Students are expected to abide by the rules and regulations of the VFSTR and the code of conduct as applicable to Indian Students. Any act within the campus that may violate or spoil the academic atmosphere in the VFSTR will be seriously dealt with and the students found guilty of such offense will be dismissed and sent back to their native country without any liability to the Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (Deemed to be University).
- If there are any complaint of misbehavior, antisocial, anti-national, violence, unethical and immoral activities involving International Students, the same will be dealt with in accordance with State and Central laws that are in force.
- Smoking and consumption or usage of alcoholic intoxicants will be considered as the severe breach of discipline. A student found guilty of such offenses will be dismissed and sent back to their native country without any cost to the VFSTR.
- Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (Deemed to be University) will not take any responsibility for any criminal or non-criminal acts done inside or outside the campus by the International students.
- For the shortage of attendance/any other academic requirements, the student himself will be responsible and no relaxation may be provided in any such cases and the student has to abide by the rules of the VFSTR.
- Ragging is totally prohibited in the VFSTR premises and outside as well. Anyone found guilty of ragging or abetting ragging, whether actively or passively, or being a part of the conspiracy to promote ragging, is liable to be punished in accordance with the regulations as well as under the provisions of any penal law, of the state/country.
VSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria mentioned below is exactly as per the guidelines mentioned on the official website:
|Course||Indian Candidates||Foreign Candidates|
|B. Tech/ B.Pharma||è Candidates born on or after 1st July 1998 and a pass in above Intermediate or its equivalent with minimum B2 grade / CGPA of 7.0 in Andhra Pradesh or above 60% aggregate marks in Telangana State are eligible to appear for the admission test.
è Admission to B.Tech. / B.Pharm programmes will be through Vignan’s Scholastic Aptitude Test, V-SAT an online test, conducted by Vignan’s Deemed to be University on all India basis.
è Candidates qualified in AP or TS EAMCET / JEE(Mains) / JEE(Advanced) with a minimum of B2 grade / CGPA of 7.0 in Andhra Pradesh or above 60% aggregate marks in Telangana State in the +2 / Intermediate examination.
|Candidates born on or after 1st July 1996 and having passed in qualifying examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks are eligible for admission. Only those students, whose degree certificate/school passing certificate/diploma obtained from their respective country / Universities or Boards of Higher Education, recognized as equivalent to those in India, by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) are eligible for admission. As and when required, a reference will be made to AIU to check the equivalence.|
VSAT 2019 Important Dates:
|The application starts||2nd week of November 2018|
|Last date of application||2nd week of April 2019|
|Admit Card Issued||1st week of April 2019|
|Date of exam||4th week of April 2019|
|Result Declaration||Last week of April 2019|
|Counseling date||2nd week of May 2019|
VSAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
- Mode of examination: Online.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions.
- The medium of examination: English Medium.
- Marking scheme: 1 marks are awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative marking: No negative marking.
- Duration of examination: 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- A number of questions: 120.
- Maximum marks: 120.
- Sections: 4, viz.,
- Mathematics or biology.
VSAT 2019 Syllabus:
|Sets & Functions||Diversity in the living world||Synonyms||Some basic concepts of Chemistry||Physical World and Measurement|
|Algebra||Structural organization in animal and plants||Antonyms||Structure of atom||Kinematics|
|Coordinate Geometry||Cell: Structure & Function||Analogies||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Laws of motion|
|Calculus||Plant Physiology||Idioms and phrases||Chemical bonding and molecular structure||Work, energy, and power|
|Mathematical Reasoning||Human Physiology||One word substitution||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||The motion of System of Particles and Rigid body|
|Statistics and Probability||Sexual Reproduction||Sentence Improvement and Rearrangement||Thermodynamics||Gravitation|
|Relations and Functions||Genetics & Evolution||Fill in the blanks||Equilibrium||Properties of Bulk Matter|
|Algebra (II)||Biology & Human Welfare||English Usage Errors||Redox reactions||Heat and Thermodynamics|
|Calculus (II)||Biotechnology and its Applications||Comprehension||Hydrogen||The behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory|
|Vectors||Ecology & Environment||s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Oscillations and Waves|
|Three-dimensional Geometry||General Introduction of p-Block Element||Current Electricity|
|Linear Programming||Some Basic Principals and Techniques of Organic Chemistry||Magnetic effects of current & Magnetism|
|Probability||Classification of hydrocarbons||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Environmental Pollution||Electro-magnetic Waves|
|Solutions||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Electrochemistry||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Chemical kinetics||Electronic Devices|
|Surface Chemistry||Communication Systems|
|General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|P – block elements|
|D -and f-Block Elements|
|Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic acids|
|Organic compounds containing Nitrogen|
|Chemistry in Everyday life|
VSAT 2019 Preparation Tips:
The two keys that will help you accomplish your goal are:
- Hard work.
- Smart work.
No doubt hard work is important, but working hard without a plan is no different than catching a train without any destination.
First things first, you need a plan. A plan helps you every step of the way and brings you closer to your goal. It saves your time of going back and forth and lets you move only in one direction and that is forward.
STEP 1 – Note down your goals.
STEP 2 – Divide your goals into smaller tasks.
STEP 3 – Assign a deadline to every task.
STEP 4 – Make a plan to execute the tasks.
STEP 5 – Start the execution of the plan.
Always keep track of your progress.
A few things that will help you in getting better score are:
- Take regular mock tests – it will help you finish the exam within the provided time.
- Practice as many questions as you can.
- Start early preparation.
- Focus on your weak as well as strong points, equally.
All the best for the examination, prepare well.