Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), was founded in 1984 by Dr. G. Viswanathan. VIT has been placed in 13th position by NIRF (National Institute Ranking Framework), Government of India Ranking. VIT divided into three campuses i.e. Vellore and Chennai, offers Master programme in various departments. Through this examination, candidates can get admission into Vellore and Chennai campus.
About VITMEE 2019:
VIT Master’s Entrance Examination is an online entrance examination, conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology every year to grant admission into various master’s programmes in different fields. Candidates get admission into post-graduate programmes of M.Tech, M.Tech (Research), Ph.D. and MCA. Through this exam, candidates will be allowed to pursue their choice from one of the seven schools of VIT. Candidates who have qualified GATE, they also need to appear for VITMEE to get admission in the campuses.
VITMEE 2019 Registration:
Candidates can register for VITMEE 2019 on the official website of VIT http://www.vit.ac.in. Before registration, candidates should read the information brochure thoroughly. Candidates can register for VITMEE 2019 from the second week of March 2019 (tentative dates). All the aspirants should create an account on the website.
After registration, aspirants will get a password on their registered mobile number and e-mail address. Candidates should correctly enter their personal details, academic qualifications, and the communication address. Gate qualified candidates should fill their scores while filling the form.
VITMEE 2019 Application Form:
The application process for VITMEE 2019 will start in the month of March 2019. Candidates with a valid gate score and wants to take admission in VIT, should fill the application form and appear for VITMEE 2019. VITMEE application form can be filled on the official website www.vit.ac.in by paying an application fee of 1121/-. Payment can be done by net-banking, debit card or credit card. The candidates should also upload their scanned copy of photo and signature.
Exam centers will be asked while filling the form. Candidates must provide their three choices in this field. All the aspirants should fill the application until the third week of May 2019. Candidates who failed to fill correct details will be given a chance to correct their mistakes in the fourth week of May 2019. Candidates should keep download a copy of filled application form for future reference.
Note: – There is no need to send hard copy of the application form to the university.
Documents to be uploaded while filling the application form:
- Photocopy of 10th and 12th Mark-sheets.
- If a candidate is in 12th class, then he/she should submit 11th class mark-sheet.
- If available, Employment certificate.
- Passport size photograph
- For foreign candidates, passport and visa copies are mandatory.
VITMEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must be a resident of India or should have graduated from Institutions located in India.
- For MCA/M. Tech programmes, a candidate should a graduate from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% aggregate in a full-time course.
- A consistent record in class 10th and 12th is mandatory.
- A candidate appearing in their final semester is also eligible to apply. But he/she should submit degree certificate during the counseling process.
VITMEE 2019 Exam Dates:
For VITMEE 2019, candidates will have to book their slots for the exam. Slot booking will start from 1st week of May 2019 and can download the admit card from 1st May 2019. This can be done through the official website of VIT. A confirmation mail will be sent to the registered e-mail di with a copy of slot booking choice. Candidates can download they admit card using their registration number and date of birth. The exam will be held on the 1st week of June 2019.
Note: – If a candidate notices any fault or wrong detail in the admit card, then he/she should mail the issue to email@example.com or they can call at +91-416-2204600. Admit card should be brought to the center otherwise they won’t be allowed to appear for the examination.
Results will be declared after two weeks of examination. Candidates can check the result by entering their login details on the official website of VIT. VIT decides the qualifying marks every year and the students who score more than that are shortlisted for the further counseling. Counseling process will start at the end of June or at the start of July 2019 tentatively. Applicants should keep a print out of the admit card as it will be checked in the counseling process.
Candidates will have to pay the counseling fee to attend the counseling.
VITMEE 2019 Exam Pattern:
VITMEE 2019 will be a computer-based test conducted by VIT. The language of the question paper will be English. Candidates cannot change the language of the exam paper. There will be 100 questions which will be of objective type. For the whole exam, candidates will be allotted two hours. For every correct answer, two marks will be given. There is no negative marking in the exam. Questions left Unattempted will be given zero marks.
The question paper will be divided into two sections:
- Technical Subjects
- English Communication
There will be 80 questions in the technical section and 20 questions in the English Communication section. Given below are the subject codes of the paper:
|C I||Civil Engineering|
|C E||Chemical Engineering|
|E E||Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|E I||Electronic and Instrumentation|
|E C||Electronics and Communication|
|I T||Information Technology|
|L S||Life Science|
|M E||Mechanical Engineering|
|N T||Nano Technology|
|MCA||Master of Computer Applications|
A merit list will be prepared by VIT based on the number of seats available and the number of candidates applied. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks scored by them. Only the candidates who score marks more than the cut-off or equal to cut-off will be called for the counseling round.
VITMEE 2019 Syllabus:
VITMEE syllabus consists of technical subjects and English. List of topics are given below:
- Bio-medical Engineering: Basics of circuits, Transducers and Measurement, Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Signals, Systems and Communications, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Analytical, Optical, and Biomedical Instrumentation, and Mathematics.
- Civil Engineering: Strength of Materials and Structural Analysis, Geotechnical Engineering, Steel Structures, Soil Mechanics, Foundation Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Hydrology, Irrigation, Water Requirements, Air Pollution, Municipal Solid Wastes, Noise Pollution, Highway Planning, Traffic Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Transportation Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering: Process Calculation and Thermodynamics, Particle Technology, Momentum Transfer, Heat Transfer, and Chemical Reaction Engineering, Chemical Technology, Mass Transfer, Biochemical Engineering.
- Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics, Spectroscopy, Solid State, d- and f- block elements, Reaction Mechanism, Stereochemistry, Instrumental Methods of Analysis, Organic Synthesis, Heterocyclic compounds, and Biomolecules.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering: Engineering Mathematics (Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Analysis of Complex Variables, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods, Transform Theory) Electrical Engineering (Electric Circuits, Signals and Systems, Electromagnetic Fields, Electrical Machines, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Analog and Digital Electronics, Power Electronics and Drives).
- Instrumentation Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems, Transducers Mechanical and Measurement and Industrial Instrumentation, Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Signals, Systems and Communications, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Control Systems and Process Control, Analytical, Optical, and Biomedical Instrumentation.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Network Graph, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, Control Systems, Communication Systems, Electromagnetics.
- Life Sciences: Biophysics, Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Cell Structure and Function of the organelles, Molecular Biology, Recombinant DNA, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology, Plant and Environmental Sciences.
- Mechanical Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Theory of Mechanics, Vibrations, Technical Drafting, Fluid Mechanics, Heat-Transfer, Thermodynamics, Power Engineering, Refrigeration and air-conditioning, Turbo Machinery, Engineering Materials, Metal Casting, Forming, Joining, Metrology and Inspection, Production Planning and Control, Inventory Control and Operations Research, Mechatronics System Design, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Computer Aided Engineering, Automotive Engineering.
- Computer Science and Information Technology: Mathematics, Programming Language Processors, Analysis of Algorithms and Computational Complexity, Algorithms for Problem-Solving, Data Structures, Electronics, Digital Logic, Computer Architecture and Organization, Operating Systems, System and Program Development Methodology, Programming Methodology, Computer Networks and Data Communications, Computing Technologies, Database Management Systems.
- Nanotechnology: Quantum Physics, Solid State Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Materials, Fabrication, Characterisation, and Electronics,
- Pharmacy: Medical Chemistry, Natural Products, Pharmaceutics, Microbiology, Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Analysis, and Biochemistry.
- Physics: Mathematical Physics, Classical Mechanics, Spectroscopy, Electromagnetic Theory, Quantum Mechanics, Statistical Mechanics, Experimental Design, Solid State Physics, and Electronics.
- Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Complex Analysis, Real Analysis, Ordinary Differential Equations, Algebra, Functional Analysis, Partial Differential Analysis, Mechanics, Topology, Probability and Statistics, Linear Programming, Calculus of Variation and Integral Equations.
- MCA: Engineering Mathematics, Data Structures, Programming in C, Database Management System, Operating System, and Computer Applications.
- English: Grammar, Writing Technical Instructions, Writing Memos and Writing Minutes, Transcoding, Preparing Questionnaire, and Proof Reading.
VITMEE Exam Centre:
VITMEE Rules and Regulations:
- All the candidates must report at the center before an hour of the commencement of examination.
- All the candidates should bring their admit card and a blue or black pen.
- Mandatory documents for identity purpose should be brought to the examination hall otherwise they won’t be allowed inside the hall.
- No electronic gadget, mobile etc, are allowed inside the hall.
VITMEE 2019 Preparation Tips:
- To prepare for VITMEE, candidates should be aware of the syllabus. And hence, should follow the topics given the syllabus of VITMEE.
- Every year VIT university provides sample papers which helps the aspirants to know about the important topics of the exam. So a candidate should solve the sample papers.
- A candidate should make a timetable and prepare all the subjects according to that.
- Solving previous year papers will help to know about the week and strong sections. So all the aspirants should practice question papers.
- Giving daily mock tests is very useful for every exam. Candidates can check mocks available on the internet and practice them daily.
- Candidates should make short notes which will them at the last time of examination to revise all the formulae in a short time.
Documents required while counseling:
- 10th and 12th Mark-sheets and Certificates
- Mark-sheets of all semesters
- Original/Provisional Degree
- VITMEE 2019 Admit Card
- Category Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Valid Gate Score Card for M.Tech