UPTU M.Tech 2019 examination will be conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Technical University, also known as the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (which was established by the Uttar Pradesh Government on 8th May 2000 under the University Act). Candidates willing to pursue M.Tech in their desired stream apply for this examination. Candidates with valid GATE scores and meeting other academic criteria are eligible to apply for the UPTU M.Tech.
UPTU M.Tech 2019 Registration:
Candidates willing to apply for the UPTU M.Tech 2019 examination need to register themselves through the official website – uptu.ac.in.
After logging in to the site, candidates need to click on ‘registration/fee submission’. After clicking on the link, the registration page will open up where candidates will have to fill in the following details – the name of the applicant, course selected, date of birth, father’s name, mobile number, valid email id, gender, parents domicile, last qualifying examination, and category. After that, a fee payment of Rs. 1000 will have to be made (options of paying both online – through net banking and offline – through bank challan are available) with regards to registration.
UPTU M.Tech 2019 Application Details:
For candidates willing to apply for the UPTU M.Tech examination, following the registration process they will have to fill in the application form. On opening the official link, candidates will come across ‘online submission of an application for M.Tech/M.Pharm/M.Arch/Ph.D. (Session 2019-2020)’, after which candidate will have to click on ‘continue’.
On the login page, the candidate will have to enter the 16 digit registration number which will be sent on the candidates registered email id and phone number, along with candidates date of birth and mobile number.
After using the details to log in to the dashboard, a candidate can select as many specializations they wish to apply for. After entering all the details, it is necessary for the candidate to go through the same carefully before submitting the form. A print out of the form is to be taken, for future references.
UPTU M.Tech 2019 Rules and Regulations:
Certain rules and regulations which a candidate needs to keep in mind when applying for the UPTU M.Tech 2019 examination are given below:
- Candidates willing to take admission to the university after migrating from another university will not be permitted to do so.
- The maximum time duration for a candidate enrolled in the course will be four years. For M.Tech (part-time) the maximum duration of stay will be five academic years.
- Students are expected to have 100% attendance. However, they will be allowed to sit for semester examinations if they have 75% attendance in all theory and practical classes of that semester. Attendance for the dissertation will be verified by the respective supervisor/guide.
- A candidate will be considered to have passed in his semester examination if he fulfills the following criteria – A) Has a minimum of 40% marks in individual theory and practical papers and a minimum of 50% in the total sum of theory papers and practical examinations and concerned sessional marks. B) A minimum of 50% in the dissertation examination. C) A minimum of 50% in the grand total of the semester examinations.
UPTU M.Tech 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to apply UPTU M.Tech 2019 examination must meet the following criteria as is given below:
- Candidate should be of Indian nationality.
- There is an age limit for the applying candidates.
- Candidate should possess a valid GATE score. Candidates who haven’t got a valid GATE score need to sit for the written examination to grab the remaining vacant available seats in the institute.
- Candidate should have passed their Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) or Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) with a minimum score of 60% (45% for Scheduled Caste/Schedule Tribe candidates).
UPTU M.Tech 2019 Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to apply for the UPTU M.Tech 2019 examination must keep the following dates in mind when preparing for the same :
(P.S. – The dates given below are temporary and are subject to change)
- The application form will be released from the 4th week of April 2019.
- Application form submission last date, application fee payment last date will be in the 1st week of June 2019.
- Admit card will be available for download from the 1st week of June 2019.
- The UPTU M.Tech 2019 examination will be held in the 2nd week of June 2019.
- Results will be announced on the 4th week of June 2019.
- Counseling fee deposit will start from the 2nd week of July 2019.
- Seat allotment will begin from the 3rd week of July 2019.
- Session commences from the 3rd week of July 2019.
UPTU M.Tech 2019 Exam Pattern:
The UPTU M.Tech 2019 exam pattern will be as given below.
- The UPTU M.Tech examination will be bilingual – both in English and Hindi.
- The questions will be objective in nature – they will be MCQs.
- The marking pattern will include +4 for every correct answer and -1 for every wrong answer.
- The exam will be for 3 hours.
- The UPTU M.Tech 2019 will be conducted offline – it will be pen and paper-based.
- There will be around 150 questions asked.
- Every segment will have 50 questions each – from Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry (subject to change).
- There may also be a part of the question paper which will mainly focus on the candidate’s specialization.
(For the exact pattern, it is best that the candidate visit the official site once before the exam as the pattern may change, subject to the requirement.)
UPTU M.Tech 2019 Syllabus:
The UPTU M.Tech 2019 examination syllabus will contain questions from the intermediate level of the subjects Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Questions similar to the GATE paper may also be asked. The syllabus will also include questions pertaining to the individual stream of the course which the candidate has applied for. For further information, candidates can go through question papers from previous years.
UPTU M.Tech Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to apply for the UPTU M.Tech 2019 examination must follow the following preparation tips if they wish to crack the exam (for non-GATE candidates) and land a seat in the prestigious institute.
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks, class 11 and 12 textbooks, individual course textbooks focussing on your specialization and GATE certified books.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.