Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), formerly known as Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU), is a public collegiate university in Lucknow in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It administers the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination or UPSEE. UPSEE is a state level entrance examination, organized for admissions into undergraduate and post-graduate courses in the field of engineering & technology, pharmacy, management, etc.
The official websites for UPSEE 2019 are www.aktu.ac.in and www.upsee.nic.in. All updates regarding UPSEE 2019 will be notified on the website. Over 841 institutes are affiliated to the University and participate in the admission process. UPSEE 2019 examination will be held tentatively in April 2019 for undergraduate courses and May 2019 for postgraduate courses.
The registration process for UPSEE 2019 is expected to commence in January and last till March 2019. The process will only take place ONLINE and there is no offline procedure for the same. The exam pattern and syllabus are expected to follow past trends and mentioned guidelines. Applicants must pay heed to the individualized eligibility criteria for each course as well as the varying examination pattern depending on the paper.
The application form must be filled before the deadline and in case the candidates feel the need for modifications in their application, a window will be opened on the portal to facilitate changes in the form in the third week of March 2019.
An examination as prestigious as UPSEE, which would prove a gateway to esteemed Colleges, requires dedication and hard work. Aspirants are expected to buckle up and start strategizing to achieve the best results.
UPSEE 2019 Registration:
The registration process for UPSEE 2019 is expected to commence in January 2019 and last till March 2019. The process will only take place ONLINE and there is no offline procedure for the same.
STEP BY STEP ONLINE REGISTRATION GUIDE
STEP 1: REGISTER
- Applicants need to visit the official website, aktu.ac,in / www.upsee.nic.in, to register for UPSEE 2019.
- Personal Details such as the candidate’s Name, DoB, Email ID and Phone Number need to be provided to register.
STEP 2: VERIFY
- An auto-generated mail will be sent to the candidate’s email ID and an SMS to the registered phone number for verification.
STEP 3: LOGIN AND FILL APPLICATION FORM
- The login credentials thus generated will be sent to the candidate’s email ID.
- Using those, candidates need to login onto the site and fill the application form.
- The Application Form requires the candidate’s to furnish correct data.
STEP 4: UPLOADING DOCUMENTS
- Basic documents such as the candidate’s photograph and signature need to be uploaded in the prescribed format.
STEP 5: PAYMENT OF FEE
- Applicants can make the payment either through online mode using debit card/ATM card, online wallet/ net banking among other payment gateways or through the offline mode (bank mode) by filling in the challan issued by UPSEE conducting body after filling the form.
- Application Fee
- For Male/Transgender Candidates of the unreserved category: Rs 1000/-
- For Female/SC/ST/PWD Category: Rs 500/-
UPSEE 2019 Application Form Details:
Candidates are expected to fill the following details in the form
- Gender (As appropriate)
- DoB (as given in the 10th mark sheet)
- State or Union Territory Code (as given in the list provided)
- Contact Number (Unique Contact Number for official use)
- 10th marks
- 12th marks
- Test City Centre (as given in the list provided)
- Email ID (Unique email ID for official use)
- Photograph (recent passport sized color photograph, in the prescribed format)
- Signature (in the prescribed format)
- Payment of Fee
- Applicants can make the payment either through online mode using debit card/ATM card, online wallet among other payment gateways or through offline mode (bank mode) by filling in the challan issued by UPSEE conducting body after filling the form.
Application fee details:
- For Male/Transgender Candidates of an unreserved category: Rs 1000/-
- For Female/SC/ST/PWD Category: Rs 500/-
UPSEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria before they apply for UPSEE 2019. The details are given below:
- Candidates must be the citizen of India.
- NRI/Foreign Nationals/PIO/ Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries/Kashmiri Migrants can also apply.
- Aadhaar card will be mandatory to apply.
- No age limit.
|Courses||Educational qualification||Mandatory subjects||Any one of the following subjects|
|B. Tech/ B.Des/ MCA(Integrated)||Should have passed 12th standard examination from a recognized board with at least 45% aggregate marks (40% marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST Category)||Physics & Mathematics||Bio-Technology / Chemistry/ Biology / Technical Vocational subject|
|B. Tech. (BioTechnology)||Physics & Mathematics OR Biology||Bio-Technology / Chemistry/ Technical Vocational subject|
|B. Arch||Passed 10 + 2 level examination or its equivalent from a recognized Board / University with obtaining minimum 50% marks in aggregate||Physics & Mathematics||Computer Science/ Chemistry/Engineering Drawing / Biology/ Technical Vocational subject|
|B. Pharm.||Passed 12th standard examination or its equivalent from a recognized Board / University scoring 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST Category)||Physics & Chemistry||Mathematics/ Bio-Technology/ Biology / Technical Vocational Subject|
|BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/ MBA(Integrated)||Passed Intermediate examination of U. P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from a recognized Board with scoring 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST category)||Any discipline|
|B. Tech. (Agriculture Engg.)||Passed 12th standard examination from a recognized board with 45% aggregate marks (40% marks for SC/ST Category candidates)||Agriculture discipline||
The details of the eligibility criteria for Lateral Entry Courses are listed here;
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry)||· Diploma in Engineering
· B.Sc degree with Mathematics as one of the major subjects at 12th class.
|B.Pharm (Lateral Entry)||· Diploma in Pharmacy.|
|MCA lateral entry||· BCA, B.Sc (IT/ Computer Science) degree with 50% aggregate marks (45% in case of SC/ST category).|
UPSEE 2019 Exam Dates:
The tentative schedule for UPSEE 2019 is given below:
|The release of online application form||January 2019|
|Deadline for the submission of online application form||March 2019|
|Deadline for the payment of application fee||March 2019|
|The release of Admit card||April 2019|
|Date of UPSEE 2019||April 2019|
|Result declaration||May 2019|
|Counseling commencement||June 2019|
UPSEE 2019 Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern for UPSEE 2019 is given below:
- Number of Papers: 11
- Mode: Online (Computer Based) as well as Offline (Pen Paper Based)
- Question type: Multiple Choice questions (MCQs)
- [except for in the Drawing Aptitude Test]
- 3 hours (Paper 1, 2 & 3),
- 2½ hours (Paper 4),
- 1½ hours (Paper 5, 6, 7 & 8).
- 2 hours (Paper 9, 10 & 11) &
- Medium: English and Hindi only
- Marking Scheme: +4; no negative marking
|PAPER||COURSES||SUBJECTS||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||MAXIMUM MARKS|
|1||B.Tech/B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering)
B.Tech (Bio-Technology) or
|Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.||150 (50 each)||600|
|Physics, Chemistry & Biology||150 (50 each)||600|
|3||B.Tech(Agriculture Engineering) ]||AG-I, AG-II and AG-III||150 (50 each)||600|
|4||B.Arch||Aptitude Test for Architecture & Design|
|Part A: Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity||100 (50 each).||500|
|Part B: Drawing Aptitude||2 Drawing Aptitude Test questions.|
|5||BHMCT/BFAD/BFA||Aptitude Test for General Awareness||75||300|
|6||B.Tech 2nd Year (for Engineering Diploma Holders)||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry||75||300|
|7||B.Pharm 2nd Year (for Pharmacy Diploma Holders)||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry)||75||300|
|8||B.Tech 2nd Year (for B.Sc. Graduates)||Aptitude Test for B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||75||300|
|9||MBA||Aptitude Test for MBA||100||400|
|10||MCA||Aptitude Test for MCA||100||400|
|11||2nd Year MCA||Aptitude Test for 2nd Year MCA (Lateral Entry)||100||400|
UPSEE 2019 Syllabus:
The syllabus of UPSEE 2019 will vary from paper to paper. Each paper will include different topics & chapters from different fields. The UPSEE 2019 syllabus for the engineering course will be based on 12th standard Chemistry, Physics, & Mathematics subjects. The syllabus of pharmacy paper will cover the topics of Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects of 12th standard. The details of which are given below;
● Laws of Motion;
● Work, Energy, and Power;
● Rotational Motion;
● Properties of Solids and Liquids;
● Kinetic Theory of Gases;
● Oscillation of Waves;
● Current Electricity;
● Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism;
● Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Currents;
● Electromagnetic Waves;
● Dual Nature of Matter & Radiation;
● Atoms & Nuclei;
● Electronic Devices;
● Communication Systems
|Chemistry||● Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry;
● SThe states of Matter;
● Atomic Structure;
● Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure;
● Chemical Thermodynamics;
● Solutions; Equilibrium;
● Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry;
● Chemical Kinetics;
● Surface Chemistry;
● Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties;
● General Principals & Processes Of Isolation Of Metals;
● S-Block Elements;
● P – Block Elements;
● D&F Block Elements;
● Co-ordination Compounds;
● Environmental Chemistry;
● Purification & Characterization of Organic Compounds;
● Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry;
● Organic Compounds containing Halogens/Oxygen/Nitrogen;
● Chemistry in Everyday Life;
● Principles related to Practical Chemistry
|Mathematics||● Sets, Relations and Functions;
● Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations;
● Matrices & Determinants;
● Permutations & Combinations;
● Mathematical Induction;
● Binomial Theorem; Sequences & Series;
● Continuity & Differentiability;
● Integral Calculus;
● Differential Equations;
● Coordinate Geometry;
● Three Dimensional Geometry;
● Vector Algebra;
● Statistics & Probability;
● Mathematical Reasoning
|Aptitude Test||● Awareness of places, persons, buildings, and materials;
● Texture and objects related to Architecture and building environment;
● Visualizing 3D objects from 2D drawings;
● Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
● Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal),
● Analytical Reasoning,
● Three dimensional – perception and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, color, texture, building forms and elements, contrast and harmony.
|Drawing Test||● Drawing and designing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil;
● Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union;
● Elevations and 3 D views of objects Rotation;
● Development of surfaces and volumes; Generation of Plan;
● Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms;
● Sketching of activities from memory of urban scenes (public space, festivals, market, street scenes, recreational spaces monuments, etc.);
● landscape (gardens, trees, riverfronts, jungles, plants etc.)
● Rural life.
UPSEE 2019 Preparation Tips:
Since UPSEE 2019 is one of the most prestigious examination in the country, preparations tend to overwhelm the candidates. Here are a few tips to guide you through this exhausting process;
- Research: Candidates should research and thoroughly go through the UPSEE 2019 Exam Pattern and Syllabus and plan accordingly.
- Outline and Strategize: An individual is highly self-aware and in complete knowledge of what he/she is good at, average at or weak at. This awareness shall facilitate strategizing to focus on arenas of weaknesses and honing of exceptional skills.
- Preparatory Books: Innumerable publications have published books to help candidates prepare for the UPSEE 2019 examination. Do some research and find the books suiting your needs and start preparing.
- Practice on Mock Tests and Previous Years’ Papers: Mock tests help you organize your time as well as analyze your knowledge level. They bring forth your areas of strength and weaknesses and thus are necessary and extremely helpful. Previous Years’ question papers help you understand the exam pattern well and act accordingly.
- Focus: Focus is vital for anyone looking to achieve greater heights. An examination that opens doors to prestigious institutions can be succeeded at only if candidates are focused and dedicated.
- Time Management: Since this is a time-bound examination, candidates should focus on speed solving. Improving interpretation and analyzation speed is key to securing a good percentile.
- Health First: Caught up in this exhausting preparation, don’t forget to keep a check on your health. Your efforts will be rendered futile if you fall ill one day before the examination. Drink a lot of water and meditate to keep your calm.