Uttarakhand Pre Medical Test is a state level Entrance examination conducted by Uttarakhand Medical Education University. It offers admission in variegated Medical and dental courses like M.B.B.S and BDS. The UPMT counseling will be conducted in the second week of July 2019. The counseling for medical state quota seats will be organized by the same HNB medical university. There will be many other activities that will be conducted for UPMT and dates for those will be mentioned.
UPMT courses are being off by various dental and medical colleges of Uttarakhand that our government as well as private. The admission to this University is generally based on the NEET score of the candidates.
NEET (CGPMT) will have 3 attempts for those who have made 3 attempts prior to 2017 since this rule is applicable since 2016. UPMT 2019 will continue with the same rule that NEET’s first attempt will be the only attempt and will be counted as one.
Eligible and qualified candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of merit obtained in the medical entrance exam, Uttarakhand Pre Medical Test. Around 320 seats in the courses are offered under State Quota.
UPMT 2019 Registration:
UPMT 2019 Online Registration Starts from 2nd week of July 2019, and the Last date for online registration is 3rd week of July 2019. Candidates need to fill and submit UPMT 2019 application before the due dates as mentioned in officially.
UPMT 2019 Application form details:
The application form will be available online on the official portal of UPMT only via online mode. The Application Form will be available online from the second week of July 2019. Candidate can fill the application form of UPMT exams through online on the official portal of the official website of the UPMT.
In the application form, the candidate needs to fill the following information –
- Qualification code,
- Center of Examination,
- Exam medium,
- Adhaar number carefully
The candidate must scan their passport size photo in JPEG format. The size of the photograph should not exceed 200 Kb. With these compulsory conditions, the candidate must upload their documents along with the properly and completely filled application form.
NOTE: Candidates due to NEET only one application form is required and thus such documents are not mandatory and therefore the candidates must be ready with all the prerequisites mentioned above.
The candidate’s only one application form is accepted by the UPMT conducting authority and no offline means are available.
- The detailed process for online or offline application form is given below:
- Download the application form and take the printout (for the future reference) of it.
- The application form will be available from the second week of July 2018.
- Candidates are required to fill all details in the application form carefully.
- Paste recent photograph in the application form.
- No other documents are required to attach with the application form of the UPMT.
- Candidates have to submit the application form at the notified locations (as per center opted), on specified dates, along with self-attested copies of required documents.
Application Fee Details:
Candidates are required to pay Rs. 2000/- for the general category and the OBC category candidates will have to pay Rs. 1400/-. If the candidate does not apply in the given amount of time or until the last date (given) then the candidate has to pay a late fine along with the fees.
Note – Once payment is done it will not be refunded back to candidates. Candidates can pay the application fees online through credit card/debit card/net banking/NEFT
The late fee will be charged if the candidate will fill the form after the last date of submission of application form.
Candidates can pay through e-challan from the Oriental Bank of Commerce. The generation of e-challan will be only after the complete submission of the application form.
UPMT 2019 Exam Dates:
The Uttarakhand Pre Medical Test has announced the tentative schedule of the upcoming examination to be held in 2019. All the candidates who are appearing for the examination must understand the important dates provided. So, following is the complete schedule for Candidates –
|Online application registration Starts from||March 2019|
|Last date for Online application registration||April 2019|
|Admit Card Available on||May 2019|
|Examination Date||May 2019|
|Result declare on||May 2019|
|Counselling Starts from||September 2019|
UPMT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates those who will be satisfying all the eligibility criteria for the courses offered by the Uttarakhand Pre Medical Test 2019 will only be considered appropriate for the admission.
- Nationality – Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Qualifying exam – The candidate has to clear their intermediate examination or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as compulsory subjects.
- Minimum marks – They have to obtain at least 50% marks(for general category), 40 % marks (for the SC/ST/OBC category) & 45% (General Category PH).
- Age Criteria – Candidates have to complete minimum 17 years of age as on 31 December 2019. The maximum age limit is 25 years as on 31 December 2019. There will be a five years age relaxation for the reserved category candidates.
- Appearing Candidates – Appearing candidates can also apply for UPMT 2019.
- Domicile – The candidate must have a valid Domicile of Uttarakhand state.
Candidates those have completed their high school or intermediate from Uttarakhand Board, they can also apply.
UPMT 2019 Exam Pattern:
The Uttarakhand Pre Medical Test 2019 lays down the following pattern for the written examination to be conducted by the Uttarakhand Medical Education University –
|Mode||Offline – pen and paper-based|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Type of questions||Objective type – MCQs|
|Examination category||Undergraduate degree|
|Language of examination||English or Hindi|
|Examination duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Marking scheme||Correct answer + 1 mark|
|Wrong answer – no negative marking|
Segregation of marks and questions subject wise:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
UPMT 2019 Syllabus:
UPMT 2019 syllabus will comprise of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany. Authority will be prescribed from the syllabus of Class 11th & 12th.
|Class XI||Class XII|
|Physical world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|Laws of motion||Magnetic effects of current and magnetism|
|Work, energy, and power||Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents|
|The motion of a system of particles & rigid body||Electromagnetic waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual nature of matter and radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|The behavior of perfect gas and kinetic theory||Electronic devices|
|Oscillation and waves|
|Class XI||Class XII|
|Some basic concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|Structure of atom||Solutions|
|Classification of elements and periodicity in properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical bonding and molecular structure||Chemical kinetics|
|States of matter – gaseous and liquid||Surface chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General principles and process of isolation of elements|
|Equilibrium||p- block elements|
|Redox reactions||d and f block elements|
|S – block element (alkali and alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p – block elements||Alcohol, phenols, and others|
|Aldehydes, ketones and Carboxylic acid|
|Organic compounds containing nitrogen|
|Class XI||Class XII|
|Diversity in the living world||Reproduction|
|Structural organization in animals and plants||Genetic and evolution|
|Cell structure and function||Biology and human welfare|
|Plant physiology||Biotechnology and its applications|
|Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
UPMT 2019 Preparation Tips:
Firstly, Candidates needs to make a detailed note of all the topics included in the Uttarakhand Pre Medical Test 2019 examination and should prepare every topic thoroughly. Knowing the syllabus will help students prepare efficiently
Here are a few helpful tips for the students to prepare for the Examination –
- Download previous years question papers and sample papers for the exam preparation.
- Always make a study schedule and follow it regularly.
- All formulae, concepts, equations and key points should be on the student’s fingertips.
- Candidates should also try to recapitulate all the topics frequently.
- Regular discussions on relatable topics with friends are very helpful.
- Candidates should not ignore the topics in which they are weak if they have ample time for preparation. In case of less time, they can do the vice-versa.
- Candidates should focus more on notes instead of textbooks as they are more effective.
- If they face any problem/issue he/she should clear it out with their guide in order to secure good rank.
- Choose the right study material available in the market or on the internet for UPMT.
- Always be healthy.
Uttarakhand Pre Medical Test Previous year cutoff (2017)
|Category||Cutoff Percentile||Cut off Score|