University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), an Indian University, which is situated in Dehradun (Uttarakhand) and established in 2003, offers various full-time as well as part-time courses at undergraduate level and post-graduate level to the students. Courses available in UPES, Dehradun are given as below:
- At Under-graduate level – B.Tech, BBA, B.Com, BCA, BA, LLB, and B.Des.
- At the Post-graduate level – M.Tech, MBA, MA M.Des, M.Plan, and LLM.
For entrance to the UPES, an admission test is conducted by the college every year which is known as UPESEAT (UPES Engineering Aptitude Test). Apart from this test, a student can get admission to the college JEE Main Scores and their board scores.
UPES Engineering Aptitude Test is conducted by UPES, Dehradun, which grants admission to the aspirants in their various 37 programs in different fields of engineering. About 20% of seats are allocated on the basis of JEE main scores and rest 80% seats are allocated on the basis of scores obtained in the UPESEAT. UPESEAT allows admission to B.Tech course in the following discipline:
- Information Technology
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication
- Electrical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
UPESEAT 2019 Registration:
For UPESEAT 2018, candidates can register for UPESEAT from December 2019 on the official website https://www.upes.ac.in/launch2018. This process will continue till May 2019. Candidates are advised to check the website regularly and fill the examination form before the last date.
UPESEAT Application Form:
Candidates can apply for UPESEAT 2019 via online or offline mode. For online mode, candidates can visit the official website of UPES. After applying for the exam, an amount of 1750/- has to be paid for the exam via debit card/credit card/net-banking. For offline mode, candidates can fill the application form by two methods:
- Candidates can buy the application form by sending a Demand Draft of 1850/- in favor of UPES Fee Account with a letter with the title of UPESEAT 2018.
- Candidates who are living in Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Dhanbad, Vishakhapatnam, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Patna, can pay 1750/- at the UPES Admission Centers.
Candidates are advised to keep a copy of application form for future reference.
UPESEAT 2019 Eligibility:
- A candidate who is applying for UPESEAT 2019 should have:
- A minimum of 60% aggregate in class 10th and 12th standard from a recognized board.
- A minimum of 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in class 12th.
- Candidate should be born on or after 1st October 1997. Candidates born before that are not eligible for the admission.
- If a candidate is applying on the basis of board marks, then he/she should have a minimum of 60% aggregate in class 10th and 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Also, he/she should have an aggregate of 80% in the qualifying exam.
- If a candidate is applying on the basis of UPES, then he/she should have a minimum of 60% aggregate inboard and 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. In addition to that, candidates will be asked to provide their JEE ranks while filling the form.
UPESEAT Exam Dates & Pattern:
UPES will release the admit cards for UPESEAT 2019 in the month of May 2019 and the exam will be held in the same month. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of UPES. There will be no offline mode available for downloading admit card. After downloading the admit card, candidates should affix a photograph in the space given on admit card. Without this, they will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
To solve the complete question paper, candidates will be given three hours. The question paper will consist of 200 questions which will be of multiple choice type. For every correct question, there will be one mark. UPESEAT written exam is conducted via online mode CBT (Computer Based Test).
Note: There is no negative marking in UPESEAT for the wrong answer. Hence, candidates can answer all the questions.
Cut-off marks are decided by the University and will be announced after the declaration of result. It depends on the number of seats available, a number of candidates applied, and the difficulty level of the written examination. After this, a merit list is prepared by the university.
There are five sections asked in UPESEAT which are given below:
- English Language & Comprehension
- Current Affairs
|Subjects||Number of Questions Asked|
|English Language & Comprehension||30|
Candidates can check the answer key on the website of UPES. The result of the written examination will be declared in June 2019. Candidates can check their result on the official website of the college. University will upload the result in pdf format. Application number, roll number, and mobile number will be required while checking the result.
On the basis of marks scored in the written exam, candidates will be selected and then the shortlisted candidates will be called for the counseling round. Counseling round will start from the month of June 2019. Counseling process of UPESEAT is done in three rounds. Candidates will have to present for this round physically. After this, all the selected candidates will be provided with the call letter by the examination authority.
Counseling is done in four different places- Delhi, Patna, Lucknow, and Dehradun.
UPESEAT Exam Centers:
UPESEAT is conducted all over India at 46 cities. Candidates are advised to choose the center wisely while filling the application form. They will be given two preference choices. Once submitted, candidates cannot change the center.
List of centers for UPSEAT is given below:
UPESEAT 2019 Syllabus:
The UPESEAT syllabus does not have any prescribed syllabus. It is very much similar to JEE Main. It includes topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of class 10th, 11th, and 12th. Aspirants are suggested to prepare for the syllabus from NCERTs of the classes mentioned above. Questions from the force, optics, electricity, etc are asked in Physics section but the level of the questions is a bit higher than the 12th level examination. All the topics from class 11th and 12th should be prepared thoroughly.
English Comprehension section checks the Vocabulary and Grammar of the aspirants. It consists of questions which include passages, synonyms, antonyms, fills in the blanks, idioms, error spotting, etc.
Current affairs section contains questions from the current scenario of our country as well as the world. It also contains questions from static general knowledge like history, geography, polity, etc.
UPESEAT Preparation Tips:
- Candidates should have a good understanding of all the topics studied in class 11th and 12th. For this, they should study NCERTs thoroughly.
- Aspirants should make a timetable so that they can finish the syllabus in time and also finish the test in the given time.
- Current affairs have a less weight. But it shouldn’t be ignored by the aspirants as it is one of the easiest parts in UPESEAT.
- Candidates should solve all the previous year question papers as it will help them to their strong and week sections. Also, sometimes questions are repeated. So this can save time while solving them in the exam.
- Geometry in maths and Optics in Physics are one of the few topics which have more weight than other topics. So such topics should be prepared thoroughly.
- Since time is given for three hours, candidates should have to practice more so that they can solve the whole question paper with accuracy in the given time period.
- Since there is no negative marking in this exam, candidates are advised to attend the complete paper.
Documents required after UPESEAT Counselling:
- 10th and 12th Mark-sheets and Certificates
- UPESEAT 2019 Admit Card
- Counseling Call Letter
- JEE Main Result Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Four copies of passport size photographs
- Copy of DD made while filling the application form