UOHyd or the University of Hyderabad M.Tech programme will be conducted by the university itself. It will be for candidates willing to pursue M.Tech in the 6 different courses on offer by the institute. Candidates with valid 2019 GATE scores will be eligible to apply. Candidates without GATE scores will also be eligible to apply for admissions to the course.
UOHyd M.Tech Registration Process:
Candidates willing to appear for the University of Hyderabad M.Tech 2019 programme will have to register themselves through the official website – http://www.uohyd.ac.in.
For registration, candidates will have to give their name, phone number and email id. Login details will be sent to the registered email id and phone number.
UOHyd M.Tech Application Form Details:
Candidates who have registered themselves through the official site will have to use the login details provided and login to the site and start filling out the application form. The application can also be done offline by sending the details to the university.
The University of Hyderabad
Prof. C.R. Rao Road,
P.O. Central University, Gachibowli (500046)
Personal details such as name, date of birth, nationality, state of domicile, category etc. need to be entered. After personal details, candidates will have to upload documents which are specified in the form. After uploading documents, candidates will have to enter contact details and GATE exam details. After that, candidates will have to enter academic details such as subjects studied, marks obtained, board/university under which studied, etc.
Finally, after every information has been uploaded, candidates will have to submit the form and pay the application fee. The application fee is Rs. 350 for general category candidates, Rs. 250 for OBC candidates, and Rs. 150 for SC/ST/PWD candidates. Payment can be done online through net banking/ credit/debit card as well as offline through e-challan.
UOHyd M.Tech Rules and Regulations:
Candidates willing to appear for the UOHyd M.Tech 2019 programme need to keep in mind certain rules and regulation regarding the exam, as are given below
- Admit cards will be equivalent to a candidate’s Unique Identification Proof document. Hence, it must be produced in the exam hall as well as during counseling and other admission processes.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on valid GATE scores. Candidates without GATE scores will be given second preference and admission will be according to the entrance exam.
- Reservation of seats – 15% for Scheduled Caste candidates, 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe candidates, 27% for OBC candidates, 5% for candidates with PwD, Up to 5% forwards and dependents of Defence Personnel, 1% for hearing impaired candidates, 1% for orthopedically handicapped candidates. 2 seats are reserved for Supernumerary seats for Jammu and Kashmir candidates under a special scholarship scheme.
UOHyd M.Tech Eligibility Criteria:
Different M.Tech programmes under the University of Hyderabad have different eligibility criteria as are given below
- Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Information Technology
Candidate must have a minimum score of 60% in their bachelor’s in either of the courses of B.E/B.Tech/MCA/M.Sc (in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Electronics.) GATE scores for candidates with Computer Science and Information Technology in the order of merit will be considered. No entrance test or interview will be conducted.
- Integrated Circuit Technology
Candidates must have a minimum score of 60% in Physics (with Electronics as one of the main subjects)/B.E/B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Instrumentation Engineering OR a minimum score of 55% in masters in Electronics Science. GATE scores in order of merit will be one of the major judging criteria for the following subjects – Electronics and Communication Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering and Physics. No entrance test or interview will be conducted.
Candidate must have a minimum score of 55% in their master’s in any of the following subjects – Biological, Agricultural Sciences, Physical/Chemical Sciences OR a minimum score of 60% in B.Tech or B.Pharm degree. GATE qualified candidates will be given preference according to the order of merit in their entrance exam. GATE scores will be considered for the following subjects – Biotechnology-BT, Chemistry-CY, Mathematics-MA, Physics-PH, Agricultural Engineering-AG, Electronics and Communication Engineering-EC, Computer Science and Information Technology-CS, Chemical Engineering-CH.
- Materials Engineering
Candidates need to possess a B.E or B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering/Metallurgical and Material Engineering/Production and Industrial Engineering/ Ceramic Engineering OR Masters of Science degree in Physics, Chemistry or Materials Science/ Biotechnology/Nano Science and Technology. Candidates with GATE scores will be selected according to the order of merit for the following subjects – Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Physics, Engineering Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Production, and Industrial Engineering. Candidates must have a minimum score of 55% in their qualifying exam.
UOHyd M.Tech 2019 Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to appear for UOHyd M.Tech 2019 examination must keep the following date and time frames in mind –
(P.S. – The time frames are given below are tentative and are subject to change.)
- Online application forms will be available from April 2019.
- Last date for application forms will be in May 2019.
- Date of admit card (only for M.Tech in Bioinformatics) will be in May 2019.
- University of Hyderabad entrance exam will be in June 2019.
- Interview for shortlisted candidates will be conducted in June 2019.
- Counseling and admission process will start in June 2019.
UOHyd M.Tech 2019 Exam Pattern:
Candidates willing to appear for the University of Hyderabad M.Tech programme need to be aware of the following exam pattern
- The exam will be conducted in English.
- The paper will be offline. It will be a pen and paper-based exam.
- The total score of the exam will be 100 where 75 will be for the entrance test and remaining 25 will be for the interview.
- The pattern for the exam will be similar to the GATE exam.
- Duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
UOHyd M.Tech Syllabus:
The exam syllabus for the UOHyd M.Tech test will consist of the GATE syllabus as well as specific knowledge of the course the candidate is applying for.
UOHyd M.Tech Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to appear for the UOHyd M.Tech programme need to follow the below mentioned preparation tips to assure themselves of a seat in the course –
- Try preparing from and following good GATE guidebooks as the syllabus will be similar to the GATE exam.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep, as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.
- Be calm and confident for the personal interview.
UOHyd M.Tech Cut-Off:
Cut-offs for the UOHyd M.Tech exam is based on the following factors –
- Number of applications received
- Number of applicants attempting the exam
- Level of difficulty of the exam
The cut-offs are released after the examination is conducted.