UGC NET 2018: The last date to register for the for the National Eligibility Test (NET) to be held in December 2018 has been announced as 30th September.
The admit cards for the UGC NET will be released on November 19 2018 and the results will be announced by January 10, 2019.
The examination will be conducted between December 9 to 23, 2018 in 84 subjects across 91 cities
NEW EXAM PATTERN
This year, in comparison to 3 papers last year, there will be only 2 papers – paper 1 and paper 2.
- 100 marks divided between 50 objective mandatory questions
- 2 marks for each question evaluating the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate
- Allotted time will be one hour – from 9:30 am to 10:30 am
- 100 marks divided between 100 objective mandatory questions
- 2 marks for each question. These questions will be subject specific (chosen earlier by test taker)
- Allotted time will be be two hours – from 11 am to 1 pm.
- 55 per cent marks (at least) at master’s level or equivalent examination from recognized universities/institutions.
- 5% relaxation for OBC, Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PwD) category and transgender candidates
- Students pursuing master’s (in the final year) can also apply.