TSSET (Telangana State – State Eligibility Test) is conducted for Assistant Professor and Lecturership under the administration of Osmania University, Hyderabad.
This article will provide the aspirants all the information regarding TSSET 2019, which includes:
- How to fill TSSET Application Form?
- TSSET Rules & Regulations.
- TSSET Eligibility Criteria.
- TSSET Exam Dates.
- TSSET Exam Pattern.
- TSSET Exam Center.
- TSSET Admit Card.
- TSSET Syllabus.
- Important Books for TSSET Preparation.
- How to Check TSSET Result?
- TSSET Previous Year Cutoff.
- TSSET Preparation Tips.
How to fill TSSET 2019 Application Form?
To fill the application form, following the steps mentioned below:
Applications have to be submitted online.
STEP 1 – Visit the official website of TSSET, i.e., www.telanganaset.org.
STEP 2 – Registration: Click the “Registration” button and proceed with the registration. The candidates are assigned a registration ID and a password (can be changed) which they are supposed to use to log in and fill in the application form.
STEP 3 – Upload the documents: The candidates are required to submit the following documents in the specified format
- Passport size photograph in JPG format of minimum 20 KB to 40 KB. The dimension of the photograph should be 5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
- Signature in JPG format of minimum 5 KB to 20 KB. The dimension of the image of the signature should be 5 cm (width) x 1.5 cm (height).
- Caste Certificate in JPG format of minimum 50 KB to 300 KB.
STEP 4 – Payment of application fee: After filling all the details for applying online for SET examination, the candidate will have the option to select the mode of payment of examination fee either by credit/debit card during the online filling of the application form indicating their details therein.
TSSET Registration Fee Details:
|Category||Registration fee (in rupees)|
TSSET 2019 Rules & Regulations:
- The candidates must read the conditions of eligibility carefully and must satisfy them before filling the Online Application Form.
- Submission of Online Application is mandatory. Hard copies of the application form will not be accepted by TS-SET.
- Application Form must be complete in all respects as per the Notification.
- All incomplete Applications will be rejected.
- Applications submitted in any other format will not be accepted.
- Printout of the online application (Confirmation Page) should be kept by the candidate for further reference.
- No applications can be submitted after the last date of application.
- The candidate should note that their candidature is strictly provisional. The mere fact that the Admission Card has been issued and the candidate is allowed to appear in the test shall not imply that the board has finally accepted his/her application.
- TS-SET may change the city of examination or date of examination without assigning any reason.
- It may be noted that the Admission Card will be uploaded on the website telanganaset.org 10 days prior to the date of examination. The candidates are requested to ascertain their venue of the test mentioned in the Admit Card and appear in the examination only at the designated examination center. No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him/her in the admission card.
- The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card such as Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, and Driving License, etc. along with their print out of the online admit card on the day of examination. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination whose admission card is not issued by the TSSET.
- To ensure the fair conduct of examination, frisking of the candidates will be done properly at the main entry gate of the examination center. The candidates should report at the examination center 1 hour 30 minutes prior to the commencement of examination and cooperate with the invigilators in frisking. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination center/hall after the commencement of examination. No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall/room before 10:30 AM in the 1st session and 12:45 PM in the 2nd session.
- The use of calculators and Log Tables are not permitted. Mobile phones, pagers, electronic devices, bits of paper, books/notebooks etc. are not allowed into the Examination Hall/Room. The candidate(s) found in possession of any of these items in the examination hall/room will be treated as unfair means and his/her result will not be declared.
- The marks of all the candidates will be uploaded on TS-SET website telanganaset.org soon after the declaration of result. Besides this, TS-SET will not issue any mark sheet to qualified/non-qualified candidates.
- No grievance with regard to answer key(s) after the declaration of result of TSSET July 2018 will be entertained.
- There are no negative marks of incorrect answers.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
- The decision of the TS-SET shall be final in all matters.
- All legal disputes pertaining to this Test shall fall within the jurisdiction of Telangana State High Court only.
TSSET Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or an equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science, etc. are eligible for this Test. However, in case of the Backward Classes (BC) /Scheduled Caste(SC) /Scheduled Tribe(ST) / Persons with disability (PWD), category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- The candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or the candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Assistant Professor / Lecturership after they have passed their Master’s Degree or an equivalent examination. Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of SET result with the required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects, may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by the Indian University / Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/ Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/ degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (aiu.ac.in).
- AGE LIMIT: There is No Upper age limit to apply for the TS-SET examination.
- Number of Chances: A candidate can avail any number of chances.
TSSET 2019 Exam Dates:
Dates are tentative and liable to change.
|TS-SET, 2018 Notification||The first week of March 2019|
|Commencement of Submission of Online Applications||The second week of March 2019|
|Last date for Submission of Online Application without Late Fee||The second week of April 2019|
|Download of Hall Tickets||Last week of June 2019|
|Date of Examination||The second week of July 2019|
TSSET 2019 Exam Pattern:
The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held in two separate sessions as shown:
|Session||Papers||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1 Hour (10:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M)|
|Second||II||200||100 questions all are compulsory||2 Hours (11:15 A.M. to 01:15 P.M.)|
Paper – I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, Comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper – II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper – III (including all electives, without options).
TSSET Exam Center:
|Centre Code||Regional Centre|
TSSET Admit Card:
It may be noted that the admission card will be uploaded on the website: www.telanganaset.org. No admission cards will be sent to the candidates by post. The candidates should download their admission cards from the website to ascertain their venue of the test as mentioned in the admission card and appear for the examination only at the designated examination center. No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him/her in the admission card.
|02||Chemical Sciences||Chemical Sciences (which includes):
I. Analytical Chemistry
II. Inorganic Chemistry
III. Organic Chemistry
IV. Physical Chemistry
V. Medical Chemistry
VI. Applied Chemistry
VII. Nuclear Chemistry
VIII. Environmental Chemistry
IX. Marine Chemistry
X. Pharmaceutical Chemistry
XI. Bio-inorganic Chemistry
XII. Other Related M.Sc subjects
|04||Computer Science & Applications||Computer Science & Applications|
|08||Earth Sciences||Earth Sciences|
|09||Life Sciences||Life Sciences (which includes):
vii. Fishery Science
viii. Animal Biology
ix. Marine Biology
x. Applied Genetics
xi. Other Related M.Sc. subjects
|10||Journalism & Mass Communications||Journalism & Mass Communications|
|15||Mathematical Sciences||Mathematical Sciences (which Includes)
ii. Applied Mathematics
iv. Applied Statistics
v. Mathematics with
vi. Other Related M.Sc. subjects
|16||Physical Sciences||Physical Sciences (which includes):
i. Applied & Molecular Physics
ii. Classical Dynamics
iii. Condensed Matter Physics
v. Experimental Design
vii. Nuclear, Space &
viii. Quantum Physics
xii. Other Related M.Sc. subjects
|17||Physical Education||Physical Education|
|19||Political Science||Political Science|
|21||Public Administration||Public Administration|
|25||Library & Information Science||Library & Information Science|
|27||Social Work||Social Work|
|28||Environmental Science||Environmental Science|
Important Books for TSSET Preparation:
- Trueman’s UGC NET SET General Paper I by Danika Publishing Company
- CBSE, UGC, NET, SET, JRF-Paper 1: Teaching and Research Aptitude by KVS Madaan
How to Check TSSET Result?
Candidates can log on to the official website of TS-SET, i.e., www.telanganaset.org and check their results by clicking on the button “TS-SET Result 2019”. After clicking the button, candidates will be redirected to the list of qualified candidates (PDF format).
TSSET Previous Year Cutoff:
|Name of Subject||SC||ST||BC||UR||PwD|
|Computer Science and Applications||47.43||46.29||48||51.43||50.29|
|Journalism and Mass Comm.||45.71||48.57||48.57||52.57||–|
|Library and Information Science||50.29||46.29||49.71||53.71||45.14|
TSSET Preparation Tips:
STEP 1 – Note down your goals.
STEP 2 – Divide your goals into smaller tasks.
STEP 3 – Assign a deadline to every task.
STEP 4 – Make a plan to execute the tasks.
STEP 5 – Start the execution of the plan.
A few things that will help you in getting better score are:
- Take regular mock tests – it will help you finish the exam within the provided time.
- Practice as many questions as you can.
- Start early preparation.
- Focus on your weak as well as strong points, equally.
All the best for the examination, prepare well.