Telangana State Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (TS PGECET) is an entrance examination conducted for admissions in regular P.G courses in engineering, technology, architecture, pharmacy (M.E, M. Tech. /M. Pharmacy. / M. Arch), graduate-level Pharm-D (post-baccalaureate). The examination is conducted by Osmania University under the administration of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE).
The test is conducted online (Computer Based Test – CBT) in two regional centers namely Hyderabad and Warangal. Online examinations save a lot of our resources like money, paper and time
It is a starting platform for the students belonging from Telangana and looking for platforms for further studies. For an insight into the university, you can visit http://pgecet.tsche.ac.in.
TS PGECET 2019 Registration:
If you aspire to take admission in The university, you need to follow a procedure. The detailed procedure is mentioned below.
STEP 1 – Visit www.tsche.ac.in.
STEP 2 – Fill out the application form: Click “Apply Online”, it will redirect you to the registration form.
STEP 3 – Read the instructions carefully, before filling the form.
STEP 4 – Carefully fill in all the credentials. (Any wrongful information might lead to the cancellation of your admission/application).
STEP 5 – Proceed further and upload all the required documents, i.e., scanned passport size photograph and signature.
STEP 6 – Go ahead and make payment by clicking on “Make Payment”.
After completing all the steps, you will receive a registration id (login id) and a password, which you can use later on for checking the status of:
- Issuing of admit card/hall ticket.
- Declaration of the result.
- Commencement of counseling.
TS PGECET 2019 Application Form Details:
The application form requires you to submit:
- Date Of Birth.
- Mobile Number (give the contact that you actively use, so that you don’t miss out on any relevant information).
- E-mail Id (give the contact that you actively use, so that you don’t miss out on any relevant information).
- Hall ticket number (SSS/10Th standard).
- Year of passing.
- Father’s/Mother’s Name.
- Select No. of a test.
- Select Category (S/ST/OBC/General).
- Aadhar number.
- On payment gateway, select the mode of payment and enter the relevant details.
Candidates must fill in the details very cautiously after closely reading all the instructions in order to avoid any kind of discrepancy in the future. If candidates are found liable for indulging in any wrongful means, they might have to face serious consequences.
- Retain the photocopies of printed application form for future correspondence.
TS PGECET Rules and Regulations:
- The examination is a Computer Based Test (CBT) i.e., it is conducted online.
- Candidates are required to apply for TS PGECET-2018 test through Online mode only (printed hard copy of the applications will not be accepted).
- The application/registration fee is charged as per the table:
|Category||Registration Fee (in rupees)|
- When called for counseling, candidates are required to carry their admit card, rank card, 10th pass certificate and mark sheet, 12th pass certificate and mark sheet, graduation pass certificate and mark sheet, GATE scorecard (it appeared).
- The examination is conducted two shifts
- Morning shift – 10 am to 12 noon.
- Evening shift – 2 pm to 4 pm.
- For GATE/GPAT candidates for registration of admission into M.E. / M. Tech. / M. Pharm. / M. Arch. / Graduate Level Pharm. D (P.B.), Full-Time courses, a separate notification is issued.
- Preference is given to GATE qualified candidates for admission.
TS PGECET Eligibility Criteria:
- Nationality – Indian.
- The candidate must belong to Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh.
- As per AICTE the eligibility criterion for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy is 50% in the qualifying examination (45% for reserved category). Further, the qualifying degree (Professional courses) obtained under distance mode must have AICTE/ Distance Education Council (DEC) approval.
- The candidates must have a qualifying degree in their respective courses.
For a detailed description, you can visit http://pgecet.tsche.ac.in/UI/Courses.aspx
TS PGECET 2019 Exam Dates:
The dates are tentative and are liable to change.
|Commencement of online registration||3rd week of March 2019.|
|Last date for registration||1st week of May 2019|
|Last Date for form submission (with late fee of Rs. 500)||2nd week of May 2019|
|Last Date for form submission (with late fee of Rs. 2000)||3rd week of May 2019|
|Last Date for form submission (with late fee of Rs. 5000)||4th week of May 2019|
|Last Date for form submission (with late fee of Rs. 10000)||Last week of May 2019|
|The issue of admits card||4th week of April 2018.|
|Schedule of examination||Last week of May 2019.|
|Display of results||the 2nd week of June 2019|
|Counselling||1st week of August 2019|
Last Year Schedule:
This year, the schedule of events were as follows:
|Commencement of online registration||15th of March, 2018|
|Last date for registration||1st of May, 2018|
|Last Date for form submission (with late fee of Rs. 500)||7th of May 2018|
|Last Date for form submission (with late fee of Rs. 2000)||14th of May 2018|
|Last Date for form submission (with late fee of Rs. 5000)||21st of May 2018|
|Last Date for form submission (with late fee of Rs. 10000)||26th of May 2018|
|Issue of admit card||23rd of May, 2018.|
|Schedule of examination||28th to 31st of May, 2018.|
|Display of results||15th of June, 2018|
|Counselling||17th of June, 2018|
TS PGECET 2019 Exam Pattern:
- Mode of examination: Online.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice objectives.
- Medium of examination: English Medium.
- Marking scheme: 1 mark is awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative marking: No negative marking.
- Duration of examination: 2 hours.
- Number of questions: 120.
- Maximum marks: 120.
|General category||30 marks.|
|Reserved category||No minimum marks.|
TS PGECET Courses Available:
|Electrical Engineering||a. Specialization in Power System & Power Electronics.
b. Power System Engineering.
c. Industrial devices and control.
d. Power Electronic Systems.
|Computer Science and Engineering||a. Specialization in Computer Science & Engineering.
b. Parallel and distributed systems.
c. Embedded computing systems.
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||a. Specialization in Systems and signal processing.
b. Digital Systems Engineering.
Microwave and radar engineering.
c. Embedded systems and design.
d. Communication Engineering
|Mechanical Engineering||a. Specialization in advanced design and Manufacturing.
b. Turbo machinery.
c. Automation and Robotics.
d. Production engineering.
|Civil Engineering||a. Specialization in Construction Engineering & Management.
b. Structural Engineering.
c. Geotechnical Engineering.
d. Water Resources Engineering.
e. Infrastructure engineering.
f. Transportation engineering.
|Biomedical Engineering||a. Biomedical electronics.|
|Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology||a. Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology.|
|Chemical Engineering||a. Specialization in chemical reaction engineering.
b. Plant Design.
c. Process dynamic and control.
d. Environmental engineering.
|Chemical Technology||a. Technology of pharmaceuticals and fine chemicals.
b. Material science and technology.
|Food Technology||a. Food Processing Technology.|
|Textile Technology||a. Apparel Technology.|
|M. Pharmacy||a. Pharmaceuticals.
c. Pharmaceutical chemistry.
d. Pharmaceutical analysis and quality assurance.
f. Pharm. D (PB)
TS PGECET 2019 Syllabus:
You can get a detailed description of the syllabus at http://pgecet.tsche.ac.in/UI/Syllabus.aspx.
The syllabus is branch specific.
|M. Tech. / M. Arch.
|Regular (in rupees)||Self-finance (in rupees)||Regular (in rupees)||Self-finance (in rupees)|
|JNAFAU School of Planning & Architecture||—||28,500||—||—|
|Palamur University College of Pharmacy, Mahaboobnagar||—||—||—||55,000|
For more information, visit, http://pgecetadm.tsche.ac.in/
TS PGECET Tips for preparing:
The two keys that will help you accomplish your goal are:
- Hard work.
- Smart work.
No doubt hard work is important, but working hard without a plan is no different than catching a train without any destination.
First things first, you need a plan. A plan helps you every step of the way and brings you close to your goal. It saves your time of going back and forth and lets you move only in one direction and that is forward.
STEP 1 – Note down your goals.
STEP 2 – Divide your goals into smaller tasks.
STEP 3 – Assign a deadline to every task.
STEP 4 – Make a plan to execute the tasks.
STEP 5 – Start the execution of the plan.
Always keep track of your tasks (how many of them have you completed successfully and how much remains).
A few things that will help you in getting a better score are:
- Take regular mock tests – it will help you finish the exam within the provided time.
- Practice as any questions as you can.
- Start early preparation.
- Focus on your weak as well as strong points, equally.
All the best for the examination, prepare well.