CLAT 2018 Syllabus | CLAT Exam Pattern | English | Current Affairs | Mathematics | Logical Reasoning
CLAT Syllabus 2018 contains many diverse topics from English, Mathematics, General Knowledge, Reasoning. Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level placement test which is organized by 18 National Law Universities (NLUs) on rotationally for admissions in the undergraduate and postgraduate law programs. Candidates can check the complete information regarding CLAT 2018 Syllabus, CLAT Exam Pattern, CLAT Syllabus for English, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude, Logical Reasoning etc in this article.
CLAT 2018 Exam Syllabus:
Candidates appearing for the exam must know the syllabus of CLAT 2018. The CLAT exam syllabus 2018 includes topics from these five subjects which are given below:
English (including Comprehension):
- English Vocabulary: Antonyms, Synonyms, and Analogies.
- English Proficiency: Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitution, Sentence Improvement, Rearrangement of Sentence in Paragraph, Rearrangement of Words in Sentence, Fill in the blanks and Cloze Tests.
- English Usage Errors: Common Errors, Spotting Errors, Inappropriate Usage of Words and Spelling Mistakes (English Usage), Use of Correct Word.
- English Comprehension: Paragraph will be given. Questions will be asked from that paragraph. Understand the para and answer the questions accordingly.
General Knowledge / Current Affairs:
- Events of National and International importance also covering current events in the area of Economics, Science, Technology, Sports, Persons, and Places, Static GK & Latest Happening, Books, and Authors.
- Arithmetic (Number Theory): Number Systems, Surds and Indices, Square Roots, Fractions and Decimals, HCF and LCM, Simplification, Approximations, Ratio and Proportion, Average and Logarithms.
- Commercial Maths: Interest, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Partnership and Discounts.
- Mensuration: Areas and Volumes.
- This section will judge your interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem-solving ability.
- These questions will be related to legal propositions and set of facts satisfying the propositions.
- Such propositions may or may not be true, you have to assume them and answer the questions accordingly.
- Some major topics are International Law, Criminal Law, Indian Constitution, Legal Terms, Legal Maxims, Family Law, Contracts, and Torts.
- Reasoning Tests: Direction and Distance Test, Analogy Test, Classification (Odd Man Out) Test, Coding-Decoding Test, Number Test, Series Test, Relationships Test, Alphabet Test, Ranking Tests and Time Sequence Test.
- Logic Tests: Statements Assumptions, Statements Arguments, Statements Conclusions and Statements Action.
CLAT 2018 Exam Pattern:
Here we have mentioned some details of CLAT exam pattern:
- Duration: The total exam duration will be two hours.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple choice questions.
- Language: The questions will be asked in the English language.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Here we have given the section wise question weightage of CLAT exam:
|English including Comprehension||40|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|