CLAT 2018: Eligibility | Age Criteria | Academic Qualification | Qualifying Exam
CLAT Eligibility criteria can be checked by the candidates before filling the application form. Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance test for those candidates whose looking for admissions in undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. CLAT exam managed by the eighteen NLUs on a rotation basis. In this article, a candidate can check the complete information regarding CLAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria, Academic qualification required for CLAT, age criteria for CLAT.
CLAT 2018: Eligibility Criteria
The CLAT entrance exam is held for the candidates who are interested in LL.M and LL.B courses offered by the 18 law universities of the country. The eligibility criteria of CLAT 2018 provide an overview of the minimum requirement for applying and appearing in the law entrance exam. Thus, before filling the CLAT application form candidates must read the eligibility criteria carefully that whether they are fulfilling the eligibility norms or not. The CLAT eligibility criteria for 2018 are given below:
- Candidates must be Indian Nationals.
- NRIs candidates can also apply for the exam.
- NRIs may directly contact the participating universities directly for the admission provision regarding foreign national candidate.
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit to apply for CLAT 2018.
For Undergraduate (UG) Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have qualified Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate or equivalent examination from 10+2 education system from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have secured at least 45% marks in aggregate of the total marks and if belonging to SC/ST category, they should have a minimum of 40% marks.
- Appearing Candidates: Students appearing in the qualifying exam in March/April 2018 can also apply. Such candidates have to produce any evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.
For Postgraduate (PG) Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have completed the LL.B or five-year Integrated LL.B degree from a recognized university as prescribed by the participating universities.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 55% marks and (50% in case of SC/ST candidates).
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.