Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA 2019) are conducted by Anna University, Chennai, each year in order to give admissions to students to engineering undergraduate courses after passing their 12th board exams. This is valid only in the state of Tamil Nadu wherein, Anna University provides counseling and admissions for students to various engineering courses in the state, according to the marks secured in the exam by them. There are 563 universities which participate in this admission process thus providing seats to around 1.5 lakh candidates.
TNEA 2019 Registration:
They will release a notification regarding requirements which are to be met in order to apply for the entrance around the last week of April 2019. Applications forms will be available from the first week of May 2019 and the last date of applying for registration would be the last week of May 2019. The last date for submitting the completed admission form would be the first week of June 2019 and random numbers for the exam will be allotted around the third week of June 2019. Rank lists or merit lists will be out on the fourth week of June 2019 and counseling sessions for the various universities will start from the first week of July 2019 – the third week of July 2019 itself.
(Please note, that these are the tentative dates or time frame that have been released and assumed, based on the exam dates of previous years.)
Provided below is a detailed method of how to register oneself for the TNEA.
- In order to register for the TNEA, students have to create a login id and password (by clicking on ‘new user registration’) using OTP verification. (The site for registering is – tnea.ac.in)
- After logging in, students have to fill in their personal details such as name, date of birth, phone number, etc.
- Applicants need to enter their academic details and review the details they have inserted. Save all the details by clicking on ‘save and continue to pay’.
- After this, payment of registration fee (Rs. 500 for general and Rs. 250 for SC/ST, SCA) is done, through online payment method only.
- Then, one has to submit the completed application form and for future reference has to generate a printout and keep a pdf of the completed application form, for future requirements. Click on ‘Generate Application TNEA 2019’.
- After taking a printout, the applicant has to send the detailed application form along with the necessary documents to the concerned authorities, either by post or in person.
TNEA Application Form Details:
The TNEA Application form is available from the first week of May 2019 till the end of May 2019. During this time frame, the complete application process should be done. Students are to fill in only one application form for all courses, colleges, and universities. The application form requires details of personal information such as name, age/date of birth, parents/guardians name etc. along with the education details. It is an online process. However, after submitting the completed application form online, students have to take a printout of the same and send it along with the enclosed details to the following address :
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
Chennai – 600025.
The documents (photocopies) which are to be enclosed along with the application form are:
- Marksheet of class 10 board exams
- HSC mark sheet (or its equivalent exam mark sheet) and the hall ticket
- Transfer Certificate (issued from school)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card (For SC/ST, SCA, MBC, DNC, BC, BCM)
- Nativity Certificate (if applicable)
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee Certificate (if applicable)
- Relevant documents showing proof of army personnel/ex-servicemen/freedom fighter (if applicable)
- First Graduate Certificate or First Graduate Joint Declaration (if applicable)
- Relevant documents supporting the claim of Differently Abled Person or Eminent Sports Person (if applicable)
- Demand draft (if applicable)
TNEA 2019 Rules and Regulations:
There are no separate rules and regulations as such. What is to be kept in mind that candidates should have passed HSC or its equivalent exam from a recognized board before applying. A minimum score of 50% for general candidates, 45% for OBC and 40% for MBC, DNC, ST, SC, SCA in PCM is necessary for applying.
Also, applicants must remember to carry their admit cards for the exam as it will contain all the necessary information (name, exam roll number, exam centre etc) for the student to sit for the exam. Without the admit card, no student will be allowed to sit for the exam.
TNEA Eligibility Criteria:
There is a basic set of eligibility criteria which an applicant should meet in order to get their application form accepted. Inability to meet the required criteria will cause cancellation of application.
The eligibility criteria for TNEA is as given below:-
- The candidate should be between the ages 18 to 25.
- Candidate should have passed class 12 exams with a PCM group.
- Special preference of age relaxation is given to reserved category candidates.
- Candidate should have obtained a minimum of 50% (general category), 45% (OBC) and 40% (other reserved categories) in their 12th board exams.
- Candidates who have passed their 12th board exams from Tamil Nadu HSC board are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have passed their 12th board exams from boards other than Tamil Nadu board but with have an equivalent degree (ISC, CBSE, IB) are also eligible to apply.
- Children of central government employees are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates from outside the state of Tamil Nadu can apply by producing a Nativity Certificate – (only in electronic form or by a digitally e-signed certificate).
Special eligibility criteria for Marine Engineering Branch:-
- Maximum age to apply is 25 years.
- Must have passed qualifying the exam with at least a minimum score of 60% in PCM and a minimum of 50% in English. (10th and 12th board exams).
- Candidate should have had English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics separately and should have passed in all in 10+2 board exams.
- Medical fitness is necessary.
- Applicant’s weight has to be at least 48 kgs and should have a height of at least 157 cms.
- Must have proper colour vision.
TNEA 2019 Exam Dates & Pattern:
Exam Pattern is as follows :
- There will be multiple choice questions.
- There will be a total of 150 questions.
- 1 mark will be allocated to each question thus making the question paper to of 150 marks.
- Questions will be based on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology.
- The question paper will be in English and/or Hindi.
- The time given to solve the paper will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- There is a probability of NO negative marking for wrong answers.
- Each subject stream will have questions of 50 marks thus dividing 150 marks, equally among 3 subjects.
- Intermediate level knowledge of all the mentioned subjects is necessary.
- Each question will carry four options out of which one will be the correct option.
The exam dates haven’t been released yet but one can expect the exams to be held in June 2019.
TNEA 2019 Syllabus:
The TNEA syllabus includes questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. There is a TNEA textbook available and most of the questions in the exam are from that textbook itself. Students tend to score well when studying from that book.
A look at the syllabus of the TNEA subject wise are :
- Physical World and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- The Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- S – Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
- P – Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Solid States
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- D and F Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
TNEA 2019 Preparation Tips:
Certain tips to keep in mind while preparing for the TNEA exam are :
- Stay stress-free before the exam.
- Practice mock tests and question papers from previous years.
- Don’t include new topics before the exam.
- Prepare a proper timetable before the exam and try sticking to it.
- Study from the officially prescribed TNEA Syllabus Book.
- Keep necessary documents ready and at hand.
How to crack TNEA 2019?
Study the topics that have been suggested in the syllabus book of TNEA. Start preparing for the exam from class 11-12 so that you have a good headstart. Having a good score in the exam helps in getting admission to one’s own desired branch of engineering. Studying and preparing oneself with mock tests also helps.