TMISAT is an entrance exam conducted by the Tolani Maritime Institute. Candidates who are looking for a career in Maritime Engineering can look Tolani Maritime Institute as their option. The candidates who are able to crack the TMISAT are then subjected to interview and medical examination conducted by the TMI doctors. Those who qualify these three things are admitted to this university. Also, appearing in India Maritime Common Entrance Test (IMU CET) is also mandatory for admission in TMI.
TMISAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- Qualifying the IMU CET is necessary for appearing in this examination.
- The age of the male and female candidates should be below 24 years.
- The male candidates should be born on or after 1st September 1998, and the female candidates should be born after 1st September 1996.
- The candidates should have passed 10+2 examination with at least 60% marks in PCM and 50% marks in English
- The candidates should be unmarried.
Medical and Physical Fitness:
The Institute has laid down certain guidelines which the candidates need to fulfill in order to get selected. The requirements are: –
- There should be no evidence of a weak constitution by way of imperfect development of muscles or serious malformation. Minimum height should be 157 centimeters with co-related weight and proportionate chest with a minimum 5 cm expansion.
- There should be no disease or impairment of functions of bones or joints. The candidate should also be free from any contraction or deformity of the chest or any joint. There should also not be any abnormal curvatures of the spine, deformity of legs and feet like bow legs, knock knee, flat feet. Neither should there be any instance of deformity of upper limbs, malformation of the head, deformity from fractures or depression of the skull. Healed fractures with a pin inside will also be a disqualification.
- There should be no impaired hearing, discharge from or disease of either ear, unhealed perforation of the tympanic membrane or signs of acute or chronic supportive otitis media or evidence of radical or modified radical mastoid operation and no congenital malfunction of the ear. The unaided average threshold is to be higher than 40 dB in both ears at 500,1000,2000, and 3000 Hz and/or functional speech discrimination less than 90% at 55 dB in both ears is required. A candidate should be able to hear a whisper at a distance of 5 meters on each side without using hearing aids.
- Candidates should not be afflicted with any disease of the bones and cartilage of the nose, nasal polypus or disease of nasopharynx or accessory sinuses.
- There should not be any loss or decay of teeth to such an extent as to interfere with efficient mastication. There should also not be any evidence of any disease of the throat, palate, tonsils or gums or any disease or injury affecting the normal function of either temporomandibular joint. Individuals with severe pyorrhoea will also be rejected.
- There should be no speech impediment or impairment like excessive stammering or a pronounced lisp.
- All candidates must have a normally functioning glandular system without signs of tubercular enlargement or abnormality due to other diseases in the neck or other parts of the body.
- There should be no instance of cardiac or vascular disease. An electrocardiogram should be within normal limits. Systolic and diastolic blood pressure must not exceed 140 and 90 mm of Hg, respectively.
- There should be no evidence of chronic or upper respiratory disease, tuberculosis or history of this disease. X-ray of the chest should be normal.
- There should be no evidence of any disease of the digestive system and the liver and spleen should not be palpable. There should be no abdominal tenderness on palpation.
- The kidneys should not be palpable, enlarged or diseased. Candidates with albuminuria, glycosuria or blood (R.B.C) in urine will not be accepted. There should be no hernia or tendency thereto. Those who have been operated for a hernia may be declared fit provided:
- one year has elapsed after the operation (documentary proof required);
- the general tone of the abdominal muscles is good; and
- there has been no recurrence of a hernia or complications arising from the surgery.
- There should be no hydrocele, varicocele, spermatocele or any other abnormality of genital organs. There should not be any incidence of fistula and/or anal fissure, hemorrhoids (piles) or rectal polyps. There should be no active latent or congenital venereal disease. Candidates with undescended testes retained in the inguinal canal or at the extra abdominal ring will not be accepted.
- There should be no skin disease except that of a temporary or trivial nature. Scars, which by their extent or position are likely to cause disability, are also unacceptable.
- There should be no history or evidence of mental disease of the candidate or in his family. Candidate having a history of fits, incontinence of urine or enuresis will not be accepted. Mental or nervous irritability, abnormality of gait, defective functions of cranial nerves, non-co-ordination, motor or sensory dysfunction will be cause for disqualification.
- Candidates must not have any degree of squint or any morbid condition of eyes or of the eyelids that is liable to aggravate or recur. Neither should they exhibit symptoms of pressure trachoma and iris complications or sequela. Candidates must possess good binocular vision (fusion faculty and a full field of vision in both eyes). Movement of the eyeballs must be full in all direction and the pupils should react normally to light and accommodation.
- Distance vision unaided 0.5 (6/12) in each eye or 0.67 (6/9) in better eye and 0.33 (6/18) in another eye. Colour blindness is not permitted
- Normal color vision is to be tested by the Ishihara test chart. Candidates may also be disqualified by reason of any other deficiency that in the opinion of the examining doctors will interfere with or compromise the individual’s ability to properly function as an officer in the merchant navy.
TMISAT 2019 Application Form and Registration:
- Firstly, the candidates need to register by giving the name, phone number, email id. This will generate a login id and password.
- Now the candidates will log in using the registered id and password, and fill in the required personal, academic and contact details. They will also choose the test center.
- After this, the candidates will upload the scanned copies of their passport size photographs according to the specifications by the TMI.
- After that, the candidates will make Rs 1200 payment in order to wind up the application process. Payment can be made through both online and offline mode. If you prefer to pay offline you need to send a demand draft favoring “Tolani Maritime Institute” payable at Pune.
- Candidates also need to send the printed copy of the form to the Tolani Maritime Institute.
Tolani Maritime Institute
Talegaon chakan road Induri, Talegaon Pune – 410507 India.
Documents required by the TMI:
- A neat and clear printout of application form
- Printout of the TMISAT 2019 application summary.
- Online fee submission receipt or demand draft. Always remember to write application form number along with your contact details at the back of demand draft.
- 2 passport sized photographs with name and form no. clearly written on the back side.
- Attested copy of 10thand 12th mark sheet along with certificates.
- In case you haven’t received your 12thstandard mark sheet, then you need to submit a bonafide certificate which should be attested by the head of the school or institute you last studied.
- Attested copy of Birth certificate.
- Mark sheets downloaded from the internet are not valid unless they are attested by the principal of the last attended school.
- Copy of certificate for sports or any other extra co-curricular activities if applicable (certificate above 8thstandard be only be considered.
TMISAT 2019 Important Dates:
|TMISAT 2019||Important Dates|
|Commencement of application form submission||Jan 2019|
|Last date to apply||a 4th week of May 2019|
|Admit Card||4th week of Apr 2019|
|Date of exam||1st week of May 2019|
|Declaration of TMISAT Results||Scores are seen immediately after the exam|
|Course starts on||Jul 2019|
TMISAT 2019 Syllabus:
The syllabus of TMISAT comprises of Physics, Logical and Analytical Reasoning and Maths of class 11th and 12th. The detailed syllabus is as follows: –
I. Sets and Functions
III. Coordinate Geometry
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Statistics and Probability
VII. Relations and Functions
- Vectors and Three -Dimensional Geometry
- Linear Programming
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of bulk matter
- Behaviour of perfect gases and kinetic theory of gases
- Mechanical waves and ray optics
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternative currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
TMISAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
The pattern of the examination will be as follows:
Mode of Examination: Online
Total Duration: 1 Hour
Type of Questions: MCQs
Total Questions: 30 (Physics), 30 (Mathematics), 10 (Analytical), 10 (Logical Reasoning)
Marking Scheme: There will be negative marking for questions answered incorrectly in Mathematics and Physics.
|Physics||Syllabus of class 11 and 12||1 hour|
|Mathematics||Syllabus of class 11 and 12|
After the exam, the candidates will be subjected to a personal interview round, where their leadership skills, clarity of thought, maturity and reasoning skills are checked along with their extra curriculars.
TMISAT 2019 Admit Card:
Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI) will issue the TMISAT 2019 Admit Card. Without the admit card candidates will not be able to participate in the test at their allotted centre. It will carry details such as your name, enrolment number, test venue details and the examination timings. The candidates can check the availability of their admit card from the official website tolani.edu.
The applicants will be required to download the TMISAT 2018 admit card by entering their registration number and email id/date of birth. The admit card will be issued to candidates only if you have filled the application form correctly.
TMISAT 2019 Result:
The Result of TMISAT 2019 will be available tentatively from last week of May 2019. Candidates can check their marks by logging into their accounts. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidate score in TMISAT 2019. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of this merit list. The merit list is most likely to be declared by June 2019. The selection will be based on candidate’s 10+2 PCM marks, rank in IMUCET, the result of the TMI online entrance exam, performance in an interview and satisfactory medical tests.
Fees and Expenses:
|IMU Program Fee||25,000|
|Exam & Evaluation Fee||33,100|
- Caution Deposit (Refundable) of Rs.10,000/- is payable on admission.
- The total approximate fee and expenses for the full program of four years are Rs. 17.60 lakhs
- Fees and estimated expenses are indicative and are subject to change.
- Female students will be entitled to a waiver of 50% in Tuition fee for each semester.
TMISAT 2019 Rules and Regulations:
- Students have to take their admit cards positively to the examination hall
- Students should reach the examination centre at least an hour before the examination starts.
- Students should not carry any electronic materials such as mobile phones, programmable watches and smart watches, PDA, calculators, earphones etc.
- Students should not carry any material that is related to the exam, including no writing anything on hands.
- Students can carry only their stationery, including a blue or black ball point pen for filling the OMR sheet.
- Students are also required to carry any of their photo identity cards issued by the government of India.
TMISAT 2019 Preparation Tips:
- Divide the time for each chapter accordingly, so that the syllabus can be finished on time, with ample time left for revision.
- Do the NCERT first thoroughly and then move to other reference books.
- Practise a lot, practise and hard work are the key to success.
- Maintain a good speed.
- Read all the questions carefully, especially in the logical reasoning section. Attempt the easy ones first, and leave the difficult one for the last.
- Give the paper with a calm and cool mind.
- Keep a note of the important topics and do the sample papers religiously
- Have adequate food before you come to the examination hall.
- Lastly, do your best.