TIET M.Tech or the Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology M.Tech 2019 is a course which is offered by the TIET which is a deemed university located in Punjab. The examination and every step related to it are conducted online. Candidates who have valid GATE scores are always given first preference. The examination is usually held in the month of June.
TIET M.Tech 2019 Registration:
For candidates willing to apply to Thapar Institute of Engineering and Management M.Tech programme, they have to register themselves through the official website – http://thapar.edu.
In order to register, the candidate must enter his or her name (first and last), valid mobile number and email id. They will also have to select the programme type (UG, PG, Ph.D.) and the programme applied for.
TIET M.Tech Application Form Details:
After registering, the candidate will receive his or her login credentials in their verified email id. Using the login credentials candidate will have to login to the application page and then fill up the details. Personal information and academic qualification will have to be filled in. Scanned copies of recent passport size photograph will also be needed.
After filling up the application form, a candidate can choose to pay the application fee online (through credit/debit card/net banking) or offline (through demand draft). The application fee is Rs. 1500 for all candidates.
After filling up the form, if candidates are paying through DD then they will have to take two printouts of the application form (one for future reference – to be kept with the candidate. It is suggested everyone take a printout for future reference, as it may be needed during counselling. Another to be sent to the admission office of TIET). Candidates will have to send their demand draft along with the application to the following address –
In-charge Admission cell,
Patiala, Punjab – 147 004
TIET M.Tech 2019 Rules and Regulations:
Certain rules and regulations which a candidate needs to keep in mind when applying for the TIET M.Tech 2019 programme are given below.
- Candidate needs to maintain a minimum CGPA/SGPA of 5.50 for him or her to be awarded the M.Tech degree.
- In order to be eligible to sit for the end semester examinations candidate must have a minimum of 75% attendance of total classes, collective of lectures, tutorials and practicals concerned with the course.
- Regular students will not be allowed to join any job until they satisfy all the requirements of the course or degree. Only part time students can take up jobs along with pursuing the degree.
TIET M.Tech Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to apply for the TIET M.Tech 2019 examination must meet the following eligibility criteria –
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score will not have to sit for the written entrance examination and will also be given first preference.
- Candidates who don’t have a valid GATE score will have to sit for the entrance test and if selected then also for the personal interview.
- Candidate must have passed B.E or B.Tech with atleast 60% – general category candidates and 55% for SC/ST category candidates from a recongnised university.
TIET M.Tech Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to apply for the TIET M.Tech 2019 examination must keep in mind the following dates –
(P.S. – These are tentative dates, subject to change.)
- The application forms will be available from the last week of February 2019.
- The last date for submitting application forms online will be the 4th week of June 2019.
- Admit card for the M.Tech entrance test will be issued in the first week of July 2019.
- The M.Tech entrance exam will be conducted in the 2nd week of July 2019.
- Results will be announced in the second or third week of July 2019.
- The last date of application form submission for NRI/FN candidates is in the 2nd week of July 2019.
- Counseling for GATE score qualified candidates will be held in the first week of July 2019.
- Counseling for Non-GATE score qualified candidates will be held in the third or fourth week of July 2019.
- The last date to deposit the fees will be in the third week of July 2019.
- Orientation programme will be in the fourth week of July 2019.
TIET M.Tech Exam Pattern:
For candidates willing to apply for the TIET M.Tech 2019 entrance examination, knowing the exam pattern is of utmost importance. Given below is the exam pattern, as can be expected for the test.
- The exam will be conducted offline. It will be a pen and paper based examination.
- The exam will be for 3 hours.
- There will be no negative marking. For every correct answer, +1 will be awarded.
- There will be 3 components in th exam – Engineering Mathematics (15 questions – 15 marks), General Aptitude – GA (15 questions – 15 marks), Subject Knowledge (60 questions – 60 marks).
- There will be a total of 90 questions asked. Maximum marks will be 90.
TIET M.Tech Syllabus:
The TIET M.Tech 2019 examination syllabus will be as is given below.
Engineering Mathematics – Linear Algebra, Calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, and Equations, Numerical Methods
Suggested books to read – Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 10ed, ISV – Erwin Kreyszig, Higher Engineering Mathematics Paperback – 1965 – B.S Grewal
General Aptitude – Verbal Ability, Numerical Ability.
Suggested books to read – Mastering the Verbal Ability for CAT COMMON ADMISSION TEST (English, Paperback) – Ajay Singh, Quantitative Aptitude for All Competitive Examination – Abhijit Guha
The third topic which is Subject Knowledge will consist of particular knowledge of the specific course the candidate has applied for.
The syllabus will consist of graduate-level studies and senior secondary level study knowledge of science and mathematics.
TIET M.Tech Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to crack the coveted TIET M.Tech 2019 examination must follow the tips given below to increase their chances of getting through the institution.
- Try preparing from and following good guide books and NCERT books.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.