Sri Ramaswamy Memorial Institute of Science & Technology, also known as SRM University, is one of the deemed universities of India, located in Chennai (Tamil Nadu). It’s established in 1985 and founded by T.R.Pachmuthu. SRM University has eight campuses in all over India, where undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various disciplines like Engineering, Management, Medicine & Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, etc, are offered.
SRM Graduate Engineering Entrance Test (SRMGEET) is a postgraduate university level entrance examination conducted by SRM University, which grants admission to the aspirants at SRM University. It is mandatory for all aspirants to qualify the entrance examination for admissions into postgraduate courses offered by the institute.
SRMGEET 2019 Registration:
Candidates seeking admission in the various M.Tech Courses shall have to register themselves on the official website https://applications.srmuniv.ac.in. Tentatively, notification will be released in the month of March 2019. With a valid e-mail id and mobile number, a candidate shall register for the examination. This mail address will be used for future reference. All the candidates are advised to check the website regularly for further updates.
SRMGEET 2019 Application Form:
To apply for SRMGEET 2019, candidates can fill the application form on the official website of SRM from March 2019. A candidate can apply for the SRMGEET through online and offline mode as well. All the candidates are advised to read the instructions before applying to the program. All fields marked with * need to be mandatorily filled. Candidates shall enter all the personal detail, educational details, and communication details correctly as they will not be given a chance to re-edit the details.
For online mode, candidates can use https://applications.srmuniv.ac.in/m-tech and fill the form. An application fee of Rs. 1100/- for the examination shall be paid by debit card/credit card/net-banking. A scanned photocopy of photograph and signature shall be uploaded while filling the form.
For offline mode, they can download the form and send the duly filled form with the Demand Draft of Rs. 1160/- to the University in favor of SRMIST, payable at Chennai. All the candidates, who used offline mode to apply for the examination, should send the application form before the last date specified. Address where the offline application has to be sent is given below:
The Directorate of Admissions,
SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathar,
Kanchipuram District, Tamil Nadu 603203
An application number will be given to the candidates who have successfully filled the form and paid the application fee. This number should be saved for future reference.
SRMGEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- A candidate who is the resident of India or NRI, holder of PIO or OCI card issued by the government is eligible for SRMGEET 2019.
- A candidate should be a graduate with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the following specializations from a recognized university:
- Automotive Hybrid Systems Engineering
- Big Data Analytics
- Biomedical Engineering (E./ B.Tech in Biomedical Engineering/ Biomedical & Instrumentation Engineering/ ICE/ EIE/ Biotechnology/ Nanotechnology/ Medical Electronics (or) M.Sc (Electronics/ Medical Electronics/ Applied Electronics) (or) M.Sc (Physics/ Medical Physics / Bio-Physics) (or) M.Sc. (Bio-informatics / Biomedical Informatics / Biotechnology) (or) MBBS / BPT / BOT)
- Biotechnology (E./ B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering/ Bio-Technology / Bio-Chemical Engineering/ Genetic Engineering/ Bioinformatics/ Biomedical Engineering/ Biomedical & Instrumentation Engineering/ Bioprocess Engineering/ Food Process Engineering (or) B.Pharm (or) M.Sc (in any branch of Life Sciences/ Biotechnology)
- Chemical Engineering
- Cloud Computing
- Computer Aided Design (E./ B.Tech in Mechanical Engg/ Production Engg/ Automobile Engg/ Aerospace/ Aeronautical Engg (or) AMIE (Mech) / AMAeSI(Aero) / IMechE (or) any equivalent degree)
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing (E./ B.Tech in Mechanical Engg/ Production Engg/ Industrial Engg/ Automobile Engg/ Metallurgical/ Metallurgy Engg/ Aerospace/ Aeronautical Engg/ Mechatronics Engg (or) AMIE (Mech)/ AMAeSI (Aero)/ IMechE (or) any equivalent degree)
- Computer Science & Engineering (E / B.Tech. in CSE / IT / ECE / EEE / E&I & ICE (or) MCA (or) M.Sc. (CS / CST / IT / SW)
- Construction Engineering and Management((Civil/Civil Infrastructure/Architectural Engineering, with B.Arch. is mandatory)
- Electronics & Control Engineering (E / B.Tech. in ECE / ICE / EEE / E&I)
- Embedded System Technology (E./ B.Tech in EEE/ ECE/ CSE/ IT/ ICE/ E&I (or) M.Sc (Electronics/ Applied Electronics) (or) M.Sc (Physics – Special Electronics)
- Environmental Engineering(Civil/ Civil Infrastructure/ Architecture Engg/ Chemical/ Biotechnology), or M.Sc. (Environmental Science/ Ecology/ Environmental Ecology/ Environmental Chemistry)
- Food and Nutritional Biotechnology (E./ B.Tech. in Food Process / Chemical / Biotechnology / Agricultural Engineering)
- Food Safety and Quality Management (E./ B.Tech in Food Engineering / Agricultural Engineering / Dairy Technology / Biotechnology / Chemical Engineering (or) M.Sc in Food Science / any branch of Life Sciences / Home Science / Nutrition & Dietetics)
- Genetic Engineering (E./ B.Tech in Genetic Engineering/ Biotechnology/ Industrial or Medical or General or Food Biotechnology/ Biochemical Engineering/ Bioinformatics/ Bioprocess Engineering (or) B.Pharm (or) B.V.Sc. (or) B.F.Sc. (or) B.Sc. (Agriculture) / B.Sc (Forestry) (or) MBBS (or) M.Sc in any branch of Life Sciences)
- Geo Technical Engineering(Civil/ Civil Infrastructure/ Architecture Engg/ Geo Informatics/ Structural Engg) or M.Sc. (Geology/ Applied Geology/ Geophysics with Mathematics background)
- Information Security and Cyber Forensics (E / B.Tech. in CSE / IT (or) M.Sc. (CSE / IT) (or) MCA)
- Internet of Things
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Mobile and Pervasive Computing
- Nanotechnology (E./ B.Tech. (Any Specialization), M.Sc (Physics/ Materials Science/ Chemistry/ Applied Chemistry/ Bio Chemistry/ Biotechnology) with Mathematics as one of the subjects at B.Sc level)
- Power Electronics and Drives (E./ B.Tech in EEE/ ECE/ ICE/ E&I)
- Power Systems (E./ B.Tech in EEE)
- Remote Sensing and GIS(B.E./B.Tech in Civil/ Civil Infrastructure/ Architectural Engineering/ Geo Informatics/ CSE/ ECE/ EEE/ IT/ Agricultural Engineering/ Urban & Regional Planning) or B.Sc. (4 years) – Agriculture/ Forestry/ Horticulture/ Geography or M.Sc./ M.A. (Geology/ Applied Geology/ Geo Physics/ Geography/ Geo Informatics/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Oceanography/ Environmental Science)
- Robotics (E./ B.Tech in Mechanical Engg/ Production Engg/ Industrial Engg/ Automobile Engg/ Aerospace/ Aeronautical Engg/ Mechatronics Engg/ ECE/ EEE/ ICE/ CSE (or) AMIE (Mech)/ AMAeSI (Aero)/ IMechE (or) any equivalent degree)
- Solar Energy (E./ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering/ Automobile Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering/ AMIE (Mechanical Engineering)/ AMAeSI/ IMechE/ M.Sc. (Physics) (or) any equivalent degree)
- Structural Engineering(Civil/Civil Infrastructure/Architectural Engineering)
- Telecommunication Networks (E./ B.Tech.in ECE/ ETE/ TE)
- VLSI Design (E./ B.Tech in ECE/ EEE/ E&I/ CSE/ IT (or) M.Sc. (Electronics/ Applied Electronics) (or) M.Sc. (Physics – Special Electronics)
- Wireless and Mobile Communication System
SRMGEET 2019 Exam Pattern:
SRMGEET will be conducted on computer by SRM University. The mode of the examination will be online only and the language of the question paper will be English. Duration of the exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes. Question paper will be objective multiple choice type. For each correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded. There will be no negative marking in this examination. There will be 100 questions based on the stream a candidate choose.
Note: – Except Bio-Technology and Food Processing, there will be ten questions from Mathematics for all PG programmes.
SRMGEET 2019 Exam Dates:
All the candidates will be asked to choose their slots for the examination. For SRMGEET 2019, slot booking will start from April 2019. Tentatively, admit card for the examination will be released in the month of April 2019 and the exam will be conducted in the second week of May 2019. Admit card shall be released on the official website of SRM University. So the candidates can book their slots and download admit card. No applicant without admit card shall be allowed inside the examination hall.
Note: – Admit card will not be sent via post or any other offline mode.
SRM will declare the result of written examination at the end of May 2019. All the candidates can check the official website by entering their application id and date of birth. SRM will release the results separately for the different courses. Candidates are advised to check their result as per their discipline of examination.
Based on the merit list, the candidates will be shortlisted to participate in the counseling. As per the authorities, counseling will be held in the month of May 2019. Final admission to the different discipline will be done after counseling. Counseling can be done one or more than one time to depend upon the number of vacancies available.
SRMGEET 2019 Exam Syllabus:
- Mathematics: Vector Calculus, Determinants & Matrices, Analytic Function Theory, Calculus, and Ordinary Differential Equations, Numerical Methods, and Probability and Statistics.
- Civil Engineering: Mechanics of Solids and Structural Analysis, Concrete and Steel Structure, Solid Mechanics and Geo-Technical Engineering, Fluid Mechanics and Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Surveying, Transportation Engineering, Remote Sensing, Geographic Information Systems.
- Mechanical Engineering: Mechanics, Machine Design, Material Science and Metallurgy, Thermodynamics, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Production Technology, Automotive Transmission, Strength of Materials, Casting, Metal Forming, and Metal Joining Process, Tool Engineering, Machine Tool Operations, Metrology and Inspection, Engineering Materials, Processing of Plastics and Computer Aided Manufacturing, Product Design, Process Planning, Cost Estimate, Design of Jigs and Fixtures and Press Tools, Operation Research and Management.
- Electrical Engineering: Network Circuit Elements, Electronic Devices, Digital Electronics, Microprocessor, Control Systems, Electromagnetics, Electrical Machines, Power Electronics, Power Systems.
- Electronics: Network Circuit Elements, Electronic Devices, Digital Electronics, Microprocessor, Control Systems, Analog and Digital Communication, and Electromagnetics.
- Computer Science: Discrete Mathematical Structures, Microprocessor and Hardware Systems, Computer Organization and Architecture, System Programming, Operating Systems, Programming Methodology & Software Engineering, Data Structures & Algorithms, Database Systems, and Computer Networks.
- Chemical Engineering: Chemical Process Calculations and Industries, Mechanical Operations, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Mass Transfer, Thermodynamics, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Instrumentation & Control, Process Engineering Economics.
- Bio-Technology: Cell Theory, Properties of Nucleic Acids, Protein Synthesis, Gene Manipulation, Plants and Animals, Gene Regulation, Enzyme Kinematics, Recombinant Proteins, Bioconversion, Nano-Biotechnology, Genomics, Systems Bio-Technology, and Computer Applications in Bio-Technology.
- Food Engineering: Dimensions and Units, Evaporation Crystallization, Properties of Food, and Plant Engineering.
- Material Science: Quantum Mechanics, Atomic, and Molecular Physics, Solid State Physics, Lasers, Electricity & Magnetism, Thermodynamics, Material Chemistry.
- Environmental Engineering: Environmental Pollution, Environmental Biotechnology, Thermodynamics, Ecology, Environmental Conservation, Water Resources, Remote Sensing, Energy and Environmental, Natural Hazards, Environmental and Occupational.
SRMGEET 2019 Exam Centers:
|Tamil Nadu||SRM Main Campus, Ramapuram Campus, Vadapalani Campus, Madurai, Vellore, Coimbatore|
|Andhra Pradesh||SRM University Amaravati, Hyderabad,|
|New Delhi||New Delhi|
SRMGEET 2019 Preparation Tips:
- All the candidates should make basic knowledge about their discipline strong. After clearing basics, move towards complex syllabus. Make a timetable and follow that properly.
- Candidates should focus on authentic sources and should read only within the prescribed syllabus.
- Practice daily and solve mocks every day. Both of these are very important to score good marks in the examination.
- Solve previous years question papers. Candidates can download or check papers on the internet. This will give the idea about the types of questions asked in the examination.