The entrance examination season is back again with a bang, and most of the aspirants are considering where to go or not. If you are confused too, then this is the article for you. SMAT or Shiv Nadar Management Admission Test is a test to secure a place in MBA course of the Shiv Nadar University. This entrance test is conducted every year in June. The university also accepts CAT/XAT/GMAT scores. If the candidate has already given any of these exams, then he or she may not need to give SMAT.
Shiv Nadar University is an esteemed private university which offers the courses at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral levels. It offers courses in the field of humanities & social sciences, natural sciences, technology and engineering studies, communications and management. SNU is a state private university situated in the Uttar Pradesh, India. For UG courses, candidates have to appear in SNUSAT and APT conducted by the university. Here, candidates can get the detailed information of Shiv Nadar University 2018 admission including, exam dates, eligibility criteria, admission procedure, etc.
SMAT 2019 Registration:
For the registration, students can go to the official site of the university and register themselves with the help of email and password. Once registered, the students will get a PID number, through which they can access the application form. After filling in the required details the student has to click on the ‘Submit’ option. Then the student has to pay the application fee, which is of Rs 1200. The payment can be done in the form of demand draft, in favor of Shiv Nadar University, Noida through net banking, debit or credit card. The DD along with the hard copy of the application form has to be sent to the following address: –
Shiv Nadar University
NH91, Tehsil Dadri Gautam Budh Nagar Uttar Pradesh-201314
Also, it is advisable to keep a copy of the form and the payment acknowledgment slip with the student during the whole admission process.
SMAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility for the SMAT is as follows: –
- The candidate must be a graduate from any recognized university having at least 50% aggregate.
- Candidates in the final year can also apply, but they should be able to produce their result by 31st July 2019.
- For students applying from CAT/XAT/GMAT, they should have taken the exam in the same year, and the CAT applicants should be able to produce valid scores.
- Candidates seeking admission from GMAT, they should have taken the GMAT after August 1st
SMAT 2019 Rules and Regulations:
- Students have to take their admit cards positively to the examination hall
- Students should reach the examination center at least an hour before the examination starts.
- Students should not carry any electronic materials such as mobile phones, programmable watches and smartwatches, PDA, calculators, earphones etc.
- Students should not carry any material that is related to the exam, including no writing anything on hands.
- Students can carry only their stationery, including a blue or black ballpoint pen for filling the OMR sheet.
- Students are also required to carry any of their photo identity cards issued by the government of India.
SMAT Admit Card Procedure
How to download the admit card? Follow the steps given below: –
- Log on to Shiv Nadar University website
- Go to the Admissions page
- Click on MBA/SMAT 2019 admit cards
- Enter login credentials
- Download admit card
The admit card should have the following details: –
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidates Address
- Candidate’s Roll Number
- Exam Venue
- Exam Date
- Exam Time
- Other information related to SMAT 2019
Students must ensure that they have both the soft as well as the hard copy of the admit card.
SMAT 2019 Important Dates:
- Feb, 2019, last date of application submission for Round 1
- Apr, 2019, last date of application submission for Round 2
- May, 2019, last date of application submission for Round 3
- Jun, 2019, last date of application submission for Round 4
SMAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
Exam Pattern of SMAT 2019 is similar to other management entrance exams.
SMAT 2019 question paper will be divided into three sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension
All the three sections will carry objective type questions and will carry 40 marks each. Total marks of the SMAT 2019 exam will be 120. There is no negative marking for the wrong answer. The paper is paper and pen mode only and the students will be given 120 minutes to complete the exam.
SMAT 2019 Exam Syllabus:
The syllabus of the SMAT is as follows: –
- Analytical Reasoning Skills: In this section, the aspirants will have to solve problems related to logical thinking and analyzing situations.
- Quantitative Skills:This section contains questions related to probability, percentages, time and work, permutation and combination, coordinate geometry, average, profit and loss, mensuration, ratio and proportion variations, interest, geometry, inequalities, time speed and distance, progression, logarithm, set theory, quadratic equation, and functions.
- Verbal skills: Verbal Skills sections evaluate the candidates’ knowledge of English Language and Grammar. Candidates will be asked questions based on sentence completion, reading comprehension, vocabulary, and sentence correction etc.
SMAT 2019 Result:
The SMAT result will be announced in June 2019. For seeing the results, the candidates need to go to the website and click on the SMAT 2019. After that, the students are required to go to the result section and put in their login credentials. They can then get the results and can download their scorecard.
Candidates must note that downloading scorecard is essential as no hard copies of the scorecard will be sent to anyone. The scorecard is one of the mandatory documents to be produced in GD/PI and at the time of admission, hence they must keep a print out of the same safely.
Each candidate’s scorecard will carry his/her name, roll number, sectional score, overall score, and rank.
Following the SMAT 2019 results announcement, a merit list will be created containing the names of candidates who shall have qualified for GD/PI round.
Those who shall have applied through CAT/XAT/GMAT/NMAT by GMAC scores will also be invited to participate in GD/PI round.
Those emerging successful in GD/PI will be granted admission.
Essential documents that need to be carried during the GD/Pi round: –
- SMAT/CAT/XAT/GMAT/NMAT by GMAC scorecard
- Copy of SMAT admit card
- SMAT 2019 fee payment acknowledgment slip
- Class 10 mark sheet (Original and photocopy)
- Class 12 mark sheet (Original and photocopy)
- Graduation mark sheet (Original and photocopy)
- Transfer certificate (from the institution last attended)
- Migration certificate (from the institution last attended)
- Character certificate (from the institution last attended)
- Residence proof
- Photo ID card
- Multiple copies of passport and stamped sized recent photo
- Other relevant documents
SMAT Tips for Preparation:
- Practice a lot, practice and hard work are the keys to success.
- Maintain a good speed.
- Read all the questions carefully, especially in the logical reasoning section. Attempt the easy ones first, and leave the difficult one for the last.
- Give the paper with a calm and cool mind.
- Keep a note of the important topics and do the sample papers religiously
- Have adequate food before you come to the examination hall.
- Lastly, do your best.