SITEEE or SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test) as it was previously known, will be conducted by the Symbiosis Institute of Technology which is in Pune, for various undergraduate engineering courses. It is a university level examination. The examination will be held in test centers all over the country and it is held once a year.
SITEEE 2019 Registration Procedure:
Candidates willing to appear for the SITEEE 2019 examination must register themselves through the official site, which is – https://www.sitpune.edu.in or www.set-test.org.
For registering, candidates will have to provide their name, phone number and email id.
SITEEE 2019 Application Form Details:
Candidates willing to apply for the SITEEE examination will have to start filling out the application form after filling out the registration form. Candidates will have to give details such as personal information, academic details, and other necessary details. After uploading documents, candidates will have to scan and upload a passport size photograph and signature. After all, this is done, candidates will have to pay the application fee which is Rs. 1750 for one test and Rs. 3500 for two tests (one for the morning session and one for afternoon session). This fee is non-refundable. Payment can be done online as well as offline. For online payment, candidates will have to do it through credit/debit card or net banking through Billdesk Gateway, Axis Bank Gateway, Indian Bank Gateway. For offline payment, candidates will have to send a demand draft to the below-mentioned address –
SYMBIOSIS TEST SECRETARIAT
SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115 Phone: 020-39116226/ 27.
After payment is done, the candidate will have to download the completed form along with the payment receipt for future reference.
SITEEE 2019 Rules and Regulations:
Candidates willing to appear for the SITEEE will have to follow as well as be aware of the below-mentioned rules and regulations –
- Candidates will be allotted seats according to ranks secured in the entrance test.
- After results are announced, candidates will have to appear for a Personal Interview (PI) round and Writing Ability Test (PI – WAT)/ Studio Test and Personal Interaction (ST-PI).
- The merit list will be prepared by giving 50% weight to the SITEEE examination and 50% weight to the PI-WAT test.
- Candidates will have to carry a valid id proof along with their admit cards when going to appear for the entrance examination.
- 15% seats will be reserved for SC category candidates. 2% seats will be reserved for Kashmiri Migrants.
- Candidates will not be allowed to change their preferred exam location once forms have been submitted.
- Seat intake for each course will be as follows – Computer Science – 60 seats, Information Technology – 60 seats, Electronics and Telecommunication – 120 seats, Mechanical Engineering – 120 seats, Civil Engineering – 60 seats.
- Candidates will have to appear in the following examination in order to be eligible for admission – JEE-Mains 2019, SITEEE 2019 and MHT CET 2019.
SITEEE Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to appear for the SITEEE examination must meet the below-mentioned eligibility criteria –
- Candidates need to have passed in 10+2 from a recognized board (state or central) with qualifying marks.
- Candidates must have appeared in and have passed in Physics and Mathematics as individual subjects and any of the other mentioned subjects – Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational Subject.
- Candidates who belong to the General Category must have scored a minimum of 45% in their last qualifying examination. Candidates from Reserved Categories need to have scored a minimum of 40% in their last qualifying examination.
- Candidates who have appeared in their JEE – Mains are also eligible for admissions.
- Candidates must have appeared in either of the following examinations to be eligible for admissions in Symbiosis Institute of Technology – SITEEE 2019, Jee – Main 2019 or MHT CET 2019.
SITEEE 2019 Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to appear for the SITEEE 2019 examination need to keep in mind the following dates – (P.S. – The dates are given below are tentative and subject to change.) –
- Application forms will be available online from the fourth week of January 2019.
- The last date of submission of application forms will be in the second or third week of April 2019.
- Admit cards will be available in the fourth week of April 2019.
- SITEEE 2019 examination will be held in the first week of May 2019.
- Results will be declared in the second week of May up to the third week of June 2019.
- Counseling will start from the first week of June 2019.
SITEEE 2019 Exam Pattern:
Candidates willing to appear for the SITEEE 2019 examination must keep in mind the following examination pattern –
- Questions will all be MCQ in nature. There will be four options available from which candidates will have to select the correct option.
- The time given for the examination will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- There will be a total of 100 questions asked.
- Section wise break-up of questions will be as follows – Physics – 25 questions worth 50 marks, Chemistry – 25 questions worth 50 marks, Mathematics – 50 questions worth 100 marks.
- The paper will be worth 200 marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
Candidates who will be appearing for the SITEEE 2019 examination will have to prepare their study material from their class 11 and 12 syllabi. Topics will all be common to class 11 and 12 and JEE – Mains syllabus. The topics will include everything studied in the intermediate level of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
SITEEE Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to appear for the SITEEE 2019 examination can follow the below-mentioned preparation tips so that they may be able to assure themselves of a seat in their preferred courses –
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks and NCERT books. Guidebooks common to JEE – Mains can also be used to study from.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep, as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.