As stated on the official website of Symbiosis Institute Of Design, SEED (Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design) is a design aptitude test examining color, geometry, visual observations, creative thinking abilities, general design awareness, awareness of Indian culture, craft and traditions, etc.
As indicated in the title, this article will provide the aspirants, all the information required for SEED 2019. The article comprises of:
- Registration procedure
- Application form details
- Rules and regulations
- Eligibility Criteria
- Important dates
- Examination pattern
- Preparation tips
Candidates looking forward to SEED 2019, need to be very punctual on deadlines, missing out any one of those deadlines can lead to a lot of wastage of time. This article will provide you with all the tentative dates extracted from the previous year’s brochure plus any other information relevant to the examination.
SEED 2019 Registration Procedure:
STEP 1 – Visit the official website of Symbiosis Institute Of Design i.e., www.set-test.org.
STEP 2 – Registration: Go ahead and fill the Admission form.
STEP 3 – Fill the application form carefully. The application form details are mentioned in the next section.
STEP 5 – Submission of application form: Submit the application form.
STEP 6 – Payment of application fee:
(As suggested on www.set-test.org)
The candidate may pay through:
- Billdesk Gateway
- Indian Bank Gateway
- Demand Draft.
Pay the Entrance Test fee of Rs.1750/- for the test.
PAYMENT THROUGH DEMAND DRAFT:
Submit a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 1750/- from any Nationalized Bank in favor of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
Choose the mode of Payment as ‘DD Payment’ in “Make Payment” Tab. Take a print of the payment advice form, fill in the DD Details, sign and send it along with the DD to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat only at:
SYMBIOSIS TEST SECRETARIAT
SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115
Phone: 020-39116226/ 27.
The Symbiosis Test Secretariat will authenticate the details of Demand Draft and will send you an email confirming the payment. Only after the realization of payment, would you be able to view your Admit Card?
IMPORTANT: SEED 2019 fee is non-refundable.
Application form details:
The candidates are required to fill in the following details while filling the application form:
- Candidate’s name.
- Date of Birth.
- Guardian’s Name.
- The annual income of the guardian, etc.
- Details of matriculation.
- Details of 12th
- Graduation Details, etc.
SEED Rules and Regulations:
The norms mentioned below are exactly as per the guidelines mentioned on the www.set-test.org.
- Any Changes in the online application form (except test city preferences and admission category) will be entertained only up to the closing date of Registration. No changes shall be permitted after closing date under any circumstances. No change of test city requests will be entertained once candidates have completed their Online SEED 2019 registration.
- Please note that Symbiosis Test Secretariat will not be responsible for non-delivery or any delay on the part of courier / postal services.
- It is also mandatory to complete the payment process of the desired institute for the desired programme before the closing date of payment of the respective programme. Payment towards the programme also needs to be done through the website only (set-test.org).
- For disputes between the candidate and the Symbiosis Test Secretariat, the candidate should first send an Email to email@example.com with details about his/her grievance. If the candidate is not satisfied with the decision of the Registrar, he/she can appeal to the Ombudsman of the University. Information regarding the same is available at https://siu.edu.in/student-affairs.php. All dispute between the candidate and STS in this regard are subject to the legal jurisdiction of Pune.
- SEED 2019 Score will be valid only for admission to select programmes of Symbiosis International (Deemed University) for the academic year of 2019-20. Admission to the select programmes at SIU (Symbiosis International University) is strictly based on merit, assessment of individual performance in the respective Entrance Test for Undergraduate Studies and other processes prescribed by the University.
SEED Eligibility criteria:
The criteria as per the guidelines of SIU is as follows:
A candidate must have passed 10+2 (any stream; eg. Science, Commerce, Arts, etc.) or equivalent OR 10+3 diploma approved by the State Board of Technical Education with minimum 50% aggregate marks obtained in the final examination to be eligible for the above-mentioned program. A candidate appearing for the final examination of 10+2 grade or 10+3 Diploma program may also apply provided the results of the examination should have been declared by June of the admission year or prior to being eligible for the above-mentioned program.
The candidate should possess Creative Aptitude & Skills necessary to pursue Design Education as well as adaptability to the situations, which the profession demands. Candidates with the relevant portfolio would be preferred.
For International Students:
All the admissions for international Students are handled only through Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE). To know the detailed admission procedure for the Degree Program of Design, a student needs to log on to website www.scie.ac.in or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEED 2019 Important Dates:
The dates are tentative and are liable to change
|Activity||Date / Period|
|Online Registration for SEED at www.set-test.org begins||February|
|Last date for online registration to SEED||Mid of April|
|Payment for SEED closes||Mid of April|
|Last date of payment for SID||April / May|
|Declaration of SEED result at www.set-test.org||May|
|Short list of candidates for Studio Test at www.sid.edu.in||Mid of May|
|Studio Test and Personal Interaction at SID, Pune||May / June|
|Declaration of First Merit List||May / June|
|Registration period for the First Merit List Candidates||May / June|
|Commencement of the Programme (Tentative)||June / July|
Note: The admission schedule will be updated by January 2019 on the official website i.e., www.sid.edu.in.
SEED Exam Pattern:
Admission to B. Des program of SID will be according to the following process.
Level 1 – Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED). The result of SEED will be put up on the SEED website as per the schedule. If a candidate qualifies SEED, he/she would be eligible to appear for SID’s Studio Test and Personal Interaction. Shortlisting for admission will be based only by Preference 1 selected during online registration.
Level 2 – Studio Test and Personal Interaction will be conducted only at SID, Pune campus in the last week of May.
Other than this:
- Mode of examination: Offline.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions.
- The medium of examination: English Medium.
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative marking: No negative marking.
- Duration of examination: 2 and an hour.
- Number of questions:
- Maximum marks: 150.
SEED is a Design Aptitude Test and would have the following topics. These are indicative topics and questions might also be drawn from similar and relevant topics.
Understanding and visualization of simple and complex 2D & 3D geometric shapes, their manipulations and spatial relationships through representations in pictorial and geometric forms.
Observational, Perceptual and Reasoning abilities
Ability to read and see objects and information beyond obvious details, make connections, make comparisons, form opinions, draw meanings & conclusions. Analyze your observations, express your point of view and present in a systematic and structured manner.
Creative and Problem-Solving abilities
Ability to visualize and relate images around us. Ability to identify a problem and attempt to provide solutions.
Application of Basic knowledge of Science and Mathematics
Observing applications of basic principles of science and mathematics learned up to standard 10th in the day-to-day activities & objects and finding the interesting relevance.
Art, Craft, Culture, Design, and Environment
General awareness of Art, Craft, Culture, Design, and Environment in Indian as well as in Global context – Various topics and sub-topics, people, material, tools, techniques, issues & concerns, influences, period, and contemporary trends.
SEED Preparation Tips:
STEP 1 – Note down your goals.
STEP 2 – Divide your goals into smaller tasks.
STEP 3 – Assign a deadline to every task.
STEP 4 – Make a plan to execute the tasks.
STEP 5 – Start the execution of the plan.
Always keep track of your progress.
A few things that will help you in getting better score are:
- Take regular mock tests – it will help you finish the exam within the provided time.
- Practice as many questions as you can.
- Start early preparation.
- Focus on your weak as well as strong points, equally.
All the best for the examination, prepare well.