SAAT PG 2019 or the Shiksha O Anushandhan University Postgraduate Admission Test 2019 will be conducted by The Institute of Technical Education and Research (ITER), Shiksha O Anushandhan University, on a yearly basis. The exam is a national and university level one and offers programmes through various courses in different institutes.
SAAT PG 2019 Registration Process:
Candidates willing to appear for the SAAT PG will have to register themselves through the official website – http://www.soa.ac.in/.
In order to register, candidates will have to enter their name, email id, and mobile number. An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number and email id using which the candidate will have to log in to the site and start filling out the application form.
SAAT PG Application Form Details:
Application form for the SAAT PG 2019 will require personal details, academic details, and other necessary information. Candidates will also have to upload scanned copies of recent passport size photographs and signature along with some form of ID proof such as Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, Drivers License, etc. After completing the application form, candidates will have to submit the same. In case candidates wish to edit the application form, they can do so by logging in to the site. Acknowledgment of the completed SAAT PG 2019 form will be sent to the registered email id. The application fee is Rs. 500 and payment can be done online as well as offline.
SAAT PG 2019 Rules and Regulations:
Candidates willing to appear for the SAAT PG 2019 need to keep in mind the following rules and regulations
- During admission, all the original documents of a candidate will be verified. For records of the university, two attested copies of all mark sheets and copies of certificates will be retained by the university.
- Online counseling for a candidate will be done based on the merit and choice of the candidate. The detailed processes and schedules regarding the same will be notified after ranks are published.
- On selection of a candidate through counseling for a course will be automatically registered as a student of SOA and will be provided a registration number as well.
- Candidates will have to bring admit cards to the exam center because if they don’t then the candidate will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
- All details regarding the admission process, fee structure, scholarship programmes will be available on the official site of the university (http://www.soa.ac.in/.)
SAAT PG 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to appear for the SAAT PG 2019 examination will have to meet the eligibility criteria for different courses as are given below –
Candidate must possess a valid Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field – (BE/B.Tech/MCA/M.Sc/AMIE) with a minimum score of 50% for general candidates with a 5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates from a recognized university. M.Sc degree holders will be eligible to apply to certain branches only. GATE score holders will be exempted from appearing for the exam. However, they will have to fill in the application form and appear for counseling.
Candidate must possess a valid Bachelor’s degree in Science/Commerce/Arts or any other degree course from a recognized university with a minimum score of 50% for general category candidates and 45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates. For MHMCT, candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% in BHMCT. Candidates must have a minimum composite score of 500 in GMAT/CAT/XAT/MAT/ATMA or any other equivalent examination in order to be exempted from appearing for the SAAT examination. These candidates will only have to fill-up application forms and admission will be conducted based on the scores achieved in any of the exams or in SAAT and through Group Discussion and Personal Interview, all taken together.
Candidate must have appeared in and passed in a 3-year Bachelor degree programme from a recognized university with a minimum score of 50% for general category candidates and 45% for SC/ST candidates and having Mathematics in 10+2 level or at +3 level. However, candidates having Business Mathematics in +2 level or +3 level will not be eligible to apply.
Candidates who have a B.Pharm degree with a minimum score of 50% will be eligible for admission.
M.Sc (Biotechnology/Nano Science & Nano Tech/Medicinal & Aromatic Plants/Molecular Biology/Chemical Biology & Drug Design)
Candidate must have passed or appeared in a three year Bachelor degree programme in Science or in a four year degree programme in Agriculture/Veterinary/Pharmacy/Engg/Technology/Medicine – BDS, MBBS from a recognised university with a minimum score of 50% for general category candidates and 45% for SC/ST candidates.
M.Sc in Chemical Biology and Drug Design
Candidates must possess a Bachelor in Science in Chemistry or a B.Tech in Chemical Engg./B.Pharm/M.Pharm with a minimum score of 50% for general category candidates and 45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
M.Sc in Nursing
Passed in B.Sc Nursing (Basic/Post Basic) degree with a minimum score of 55% from a recognized university by Indian Nursing Council with a minimum of one year experience either in teaching or clinical area but they should also be registered in State Nursing Council as a registered nurse or midwife.
Candidates must have appeared and passed with a Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) or studied in an integrated law course or its equivalent thereof from a recognized university, with a minimum score of 50% in the overall aggregate.
SAAT PG 2019 Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to appear for the SAAT PG 2019 examinations must keep in mind the following important dates, with regards to the SAAT PG admissions –
(P.S – The time frames are given below are tentative and are subject to change.)
- Application forms will be available online from the 3rd week of December 2018.
- The last date of submission of online application forms will be in the 2nd week of April 2019.
- Admit card will be available for download online from the 3rd week of April 2019.
- Date of examination will be in the 4th week of April 2019.
- Declaration of results will be in the 1st week of May 2019.
- Counseling will commence from the 2nd week of May 2019.
SAAT PG 2019 Exam Pattern:
Candidates willing to appear for the SAAT PG 2019 examination must keep in mind the following exam pattern
- Questions will be multiple choice in nature. There will be four options given from which the candidate will have to select the correct option.
- The time duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- There will be a total of 120 questions.
- For every wrong answer -1 will be deducted. If any answer has two answers marked then that too will be considered wrong and marks will be deducted.
- Each correct answer will fetch +4.
- The exam will be conducted online.
SAAT PG Syllabus:
Candidates willing to appear for the SAAT PG 2019 examination must keep in mind that the syllabus for all M.Sc programmes will include – Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, General Knowledge, Comprehension, Computer Fundamentals. For all the other courses, specifics will be provided in the official site. However, knowledge for the specific course applied for is a must as there will be questions covering various topics studied under the specific course.
SAAT PG Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to appear for the SAAT PG 2019 examination must keep in mind the following preparation tips –
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks and NCERT books. GATE exam guidance books can also help prepare well for the exam.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep, as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.
- Be confident during the group discussions and personal interview. Be sure of what you are saying or are trying to convey.