Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University is a private deemed University, founded in 1996. It is located at Bhubaneshwar, Orissa. Around 10,000 students from all over Indian take admissions into various disciplines. Courses offered in the University are given below:
- Nano Technology
- Material Sciences
A candidate can get admission in the Engineering discipline through SAAT, GATE, and JEE Main.
About SAAT 2019:
SAAT is an online entrance examination, granting various undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the University for Engineering Courses. To select brilliant students from different parts of our country, Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan takes this examination every year across 35 cities in India.
Disciplines in Engineering available in the University through SAAT:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering, and
- Mechanical Engineering
SAAT 2019 Registration:
A candidate can register for SAAT 2019 through online mode on the official website www.soa.ac.in. Registration for the session 2019 will start from 15th December 2019 and the last date to register for the examination is 10th April 2019. All the candidates must register and fill the application form before the last date.
SAAT 2019 Application Form Details:
Check the eligibility criteria for each programme before filling up the application form. Follow the below steps to fill the application form:
- Enter the full name, a valid email id, and a mobile number.
- Candidates will get the one-time password on their mobile number. After the verification, a login will be created. Applicants shall log in to the portal and fill the application form.
- After filling all the details in the form and uploading of a scanned copy of a photograph and a signature, candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form for future reference.
- For successful submission of application form, applicants will be acknowledged through their registered mail id.
Note: – There is no application fee for SAAT 2019.
SAAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
For B.Sc. in Agriculture,
|For B.Tech.||A candidate should have passed or appeared 12th with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with optional subjects Chemistry/Computer Science/Information Technology/Biotechnology/Biology/Informatics/Statistics/ with at least 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC) aggregate.|
|For B.Pharm.||A candidate should have passed or appeared 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Biology as their subjects. They should have passed all the subjects individually.|
|A candidate agriculture, used or appeared 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology as subject’s combination with a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC) aggregate.|
|For BHMCT||A candidate should have passed or appeared 12th from a recognized university with at least 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC) aggregate.|
|For BBA||A candidate should have passed or appeared 12th from a recognized university|
|For B.Sc.||A candidate should have passed or appeared 12th from a recognized university with a minimum of 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC) aggregate taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. A candidate should have English as one of the subjects in 12th standard.|
|For BBA LLB||A candidate should have passed or appeared 12th from a recognized university with at least 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC) aggregate.|
For postgraduate programs:
|For MBA/MHA/MHM/MTTM||A candidate should have passed or appearing (2018) minimum three years of Bachelor Degree in Science, Commerce and Arts / B.E. / B.Tech. / MBBS / B.Pharm. / B.Sc. Agri. / BVSC / BHMS / BAMS / BDS / BPT / BHMCT / BBA / BCA examination or equivalent, from any recognized University with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC category)|
|For M.Pharm.||A candidate should passed or appearing (2018) at B.Pharm examination from any recognized University with at least 55% marks.|
|For M.Sc. (Biotechnology / Nano Science & Nano Technology / Medicinal & Aromatic Plants / Molecular Biology)||A candidate should have passed or appearing (2018) at Bachelor degree in Science / Agriculture / Pharmacy / Veterinary / Engineering & Technology / Medicine (MBBS/BDS) / Physics (Honours) / Chemistry (Honours) / Mathematics (Honours) or equivalent from any recognized University with at least 50% marks (45% for SC / ST / OBC category)|
|For M.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)||A candidate should have passed or appearing (2018) at Bachelor degree in Science Physics (Honours) / Chemistry (Honours) / Mathematics (Honours) or equivalent respectively from any recognized University with at least 50% marks (45% for SC / ST / OBC category)|
|For M.Sc. (Chemical Biology & Drug Design)||A candidate should have passed or appearing (2018) B.Sc. with Chemistry (Honours) / B.Tech in Chemical Engineering / B.Pharm / M.Pharm from any recognized University with at least 50% marks (45% for SC / ST / OBC category)|
|For LLM||A candidate should have passed or appearing 2018 Bachelor degree in Law or studied Integrated Law courses or the equivalent thereof, from any recognized university.|
|For M.Tech||A candidate should have passed or appearing (2018) in B.Tech. or equivalent in the relevant field and secured at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Examination.|
SAAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
The medium of SAAT will be English only and the duration of the examination will be two hours. The question paper will consist of multiple choice type questions. For each correct answer, one marks will be awarded. There will be negative marking. For each wrong answer, one marks will be deducted. Entrance test will consist of 60 questions.
The question paper will be divided into three sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Detailed syllabus is given below:
- Physical Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry, States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, and Molecular Structure, Chemical thermodynamics, Solutions, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, and Surface Chemistry.
- Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterization of Organic Compounds, Some Basic Principals of Organic chemistry, Hydro-Carbons, Organic Compounds containing Halogens, Organic Compounds containing Oxygen, Organic Compound containing Nitrogen, Polymers, Biomolecules, and Chemistry in everyday life.
- Inorganic Chemistry: Classifications of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, General Principals and Processes of Isolations of Metals, Hydrogen, S-Block Elements, P- Block Elements, D and F Block Elements, Co-ordination compounds, Environmental chemistry
Physics and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Oscillation and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems.
Sets, Relations and Functions, Complex numbers and Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Permutations and Combinations, Mathematical Induction, Binomial theorem and its simple implications, Sequences and Series, Limit, Continuity and Differentiability, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Co-ordinate Geometry, Three Dimensional Geometry, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometry, Mathematical Reasoning.
- Botany: History, Plant Cell, Complexities of Plant Life, Morphology of angiosperms, Taxonomy of Flowering Plants, Continuity of Plant Life, Microorganisms and diversity of Plantlife, Processes in Plants, Environmental Biology, Botany and Human Welfare, Common Plant diseases, Genetic engineering, and Biotechnology.
- Zoology: Animal World, Diversity of Animal Life: Kingdom Protista, Kingdom Animalia, Multi Cellularity in animals, Locomotion, Types of Respiration, Digestive System, Types of Circulation, Excretory reproduction in Man, Control and Co-ordination in Man, Types of Reproduction, Sexual Reproduction in Man, Genetics, Evolution, Environmental Biology, Environmental Pollution, Common Human Diseases, Defense mechanism of the body, and Wild Life conservation.
For MBA/MHA/MHMCT/MHTM/MBA (Agribusiness)/M.Sc (All Courses):
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Subject||Number of Questions|
For B.A.LL.B (Hons)/BBA/BCA:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
SAAT 2019 Exam Dates:
The admit card of SAAT 2019 will be available on the official website of SOA and it will be released only for the candidates who have successfully completed the application fee. Candidates can log in with the username and password given to them. Hall tickets will be tentatively released in the third week of April 2019. No candidate shall be permitted inside the hall without the admit card. The examination will be conducted in the fourth week of April 2019.
According to the authorities, results will be declared in the first week of May 2019. Results will be declared on the official website. Authority will not send a hard copy of result card. Results can be seen in the form of rank. A candidate can check his/her rank on the website. The result will contain the name of the candidate, roll number, category and subject wise and total marks scored by the applicant in the entrance examination.
On the basis of marks scored, a merit list will be prepared for the shortlisted candidates. Merit list will be different for different courses and categories. All the selected candidates will be called for counselling. Tentatively, counselling will start from the first week of May 2019.
SAAT 2019 Preparation Tips:
- Candidates should prepare for the examination as per the prescribed syllabus. They should not study beyond the syllabus.
- Candidates should prepare a timetable and study according to that.
- They should make short notes for final revision. This would save time at the last moment.
SAAT 2019 Exam Centers:
|Name of the State||Exam City|
|Odisha||Angul, Balasore, Baripada, Berhampur, Bhadrak, Bhwanipatna, Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Jeysore, Keonjhar, Puri, Rourkela, Sambalpur, and Sundergarh|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Jamshedpur, and Ranchi|
|West Bengal||Durgapur, Kharagpur, and Kolkata|
|Uttar Pradesh||Lucknow, and Varanasi|