RGIPT 2019 (Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology) is a government Engineering institute located at Jais, Amethi in Uttar Pradesh, India. This is a training and education institute providing technical & management training to the petroleum industry and was formally established in July 2008. Its sole motto is “Education is the ultimate wealth”.
The Institute is empowered to award degrees in its own rights.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology conducts Admission in various UG, PG and doctorate Courses. This institute does not conduct any other entrance exam except for Ph.D.Admision to B.tech for the year 2019 will be through JEE advance score.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology also offers numerous scholarships for meritorious and financially weak students.RGIPT is associating with leading International university/institutions specializing in the domain of Petroleum Technology.
The courses offered by the RGIPT 2019 are –
- B.Tech in petroleum engineering (4 years)
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering (4 years)
- B.Tech in petroleum engineering
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- MBA (petroleum and energy management)
- D programmes – RGIPT, Rae Bareli offers Ph.D. programmes in a wide range of areas in Engineering, Science & Social Science. The broad objective of the Ph.D. programme is to contribute to the development of respective fields by conducting front-end research and to train students to be lifelong learners.
- Sc integrated courses
Other Programmes – Pure science, Humanities, and Management.
RGIPT 2019 Admission Procedure:
|Name of admission process||RGIPT Btech,M.tech, MBA,B.Sc,M.Sc,pH.D admission.|
|Level||UG, PG, and Doctorate|
|Admission conducting body||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology|
|Entrance examination||B.tech – JEE Advance|
|M.tech – B.tech & GATE scorecard|
|MBA – CAT, JMET or GMAT.|
|Mode of counseling||Offline|
|Number of programmes||B.tech – 2(petroleum and Chemical Engineering)|
|Me.tech – 2(petroleum and Chemical Engineering)|
|MBA – 1(petroleum and energy management)|
|Number of seats||B.tech – 120(60 in each programme)|
|Me.tech – 120(60 in each programme)|
RGIPT 2019 Application Form Details:
The following steps need to be followed by the applicants while filling the online Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology B.tech application form –
Step 1 – Payment of Application fees
The candidates have to pay the application fees either online or offline mode. Online payment can be done via internet banking/credit card/debit card and for offline payment, it can be done through e-challan.
Step 2 – Login
The candidates have to now log in by following the steps described there.
Step 3 – Registration
Now, the candidates have to register themselves by providing the personal, educational, contact and qualifying exam details.
Step 4 – Submission
After completion of the form filling, the candidates need to submit the online filled form. The candidates are advised to take the printout of the application form for future use.
Step 5 – Students login page for editing
The candidates can log in to the page using the required credentials if they wish to make any changes in the filled application form. After being satisfied with the changes made, Candidates need to update the edited registration form.
Step 6 – Documents Verification
As the registration process is finished, candidates need to report to the notified center for document verification.
Following are the documents to be carried by the applicants –
- JEE advanced 2018 admit card (original and copy – self-attested)
- Letter of acceptance
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheet and passing certificate (both self-attested copies with original)
- Original transfer or migration certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Caste certificate (if acceptable)
- In appreciation of OBC category, convey a Non-creamy layer certificate and a self-declaration (self-attested) form.
- Valid certificate for the physically handicapped category, copy with original
- 5 recent passport size color photograph
- Online payment receipt/NEFT/RTGS
- Anti-ragging cum undertaking form
- Medical certificate (issued by a registered medical physician)
Note – Candidates belonging to Assam, Meghalaya, and J&K regions are exempted from Providing Aadhaar card number along with the application form. They, however, have to produce any government licensed identification evidence like passport/ration card/bank cross book throughout the admission procedure.
RGIPT Application Fees:
|General/OBC||Rs.1200 + 216 GST|
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs.600 + 108 GST|
|Women candidates (all category)||Rs.600 + 108 GST|
RGIPT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates those who will be satisfying all the eligibility criteria for the courses offered by Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology 2019 will only be considered appropriate for the admission.
For B.tech Course:
- Qualifying Examination – Candidates should have passed class 12th or an equivalent Examination.
- Qualifying Marks – Minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (55% for SC/ST category candidates) in the 12th standard.
- Qualifying entrance exam – IIT-JEE qualified (Common merit list & extended merit list of the current year)
- Nationality – Appearing Candidate must be of Indian national.
- Reservation criteria – Reservation as per the Government of India’s directive.
For M.tech courses:
- Qualifying Examination – Candidates should have B.tech/B.E degree from a recognized university of India.
- Qualifying marks – Minimum of 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (55% or 5.0 CPI for SC/ST) in any one of the following disciplines from any AICTE approved institute, State/Central University –
- Petroleum engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Production engineering
- Instrumentation and Control engineering
- Industrial engineering.
- Candidates should have qualified the GATE examination.
- Candidates should be sponsored by the employer and have at least 2 years of work experience.
For MBA course:
- Qualifying Examination – Bachelor’s degree (4 years duration) with 65% marks or CPI of 7.0 in any branch of Engineering/Technology. Bachelor degree must have AICTE recognition.
The candidate should have qualified in one of the following – CAT, JMET or GMAT.
- Qualifying marks – Minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST category) in 10th & 12th standard.
- Reservation criteria – Reservation as per the Government of India’s directive.
RGIPT 2019 Exam Dates:
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology has announced the tentative schedule of the upcoming examination to be held in 2019. All the candidates who are appearing for the examination must understand the important dates provided. So, following is the complete schedule for Candidates –
|Availability of online application form||21st May 2019|
|Availability of the admit card||June 2019|
|Entrance examination||July 2019|
|Declaration of the results||July 2019|
|The release of a 1st provisional list of shortlisted candidates||7th July 2019|
|Last date for accepting the registration fees from shortlisted candidates (General/OBC – 30,000, SC/ST/PWD – 10,000)||3rd week of July 2019|
|The announcement of the 1st list of selected candidates who paid registration fees||3rd week of July 2019|
|Last date for payment of a remaining amount (General/OBC – 1,00,000, SC/ST/PWD – 25,000)||3rd week of July 2019|
|Declaration of 2nd list of Selected candidates who paid registration fees||4th week of July 2019|
|Last date to pay the remaining amount (General/OBC – 1,00,000, SC/ST/PWD – 25,000 ) of admission fees by selected candidates in the 2nd list||4th week of July 2019|
|Commencement of academic session||30th July 2019|
|Notification release||29th July 2018|
|Application form filling commences||8th August 2018|
|Last date to apply||19th September 2018|
|Admit card release||24th October 2018|
|CAT Examination||25th November 2018|
|Results declaration||2nd week of January 2019|
|An issue of Application Form||3rd week of March 2019|
|Last day to submit application form||Last week of June 2019|
|Declaration of the list of candidates selected for test/interview||2nd week of July 2019|
|Date of written test and/or interview||3rd week of July 2019|
|Declaration of results||the 3rd week of July 2019|
RGIPT 2019 Exam Pattern:
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|Total no.of questions||Physics – 30|
|Chemistry – 30|
|Mathematics – 30|
|Total marks||Physics – 120|
|Chemistry – 120|
|Mathematics – 120|
|Marking scheme||+4 marks for each correct answer|
|-1 mark for every wrong answer|
|Examination type||National level|
|Question type||MCQs – objective|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Marking scheme||+3 for every correct answer|
|-1 for every wrong answer|
RGIPT 2019 Exam Syllabus:
Syllabus will contain topics from the 11th and 12th Class of CBSE , ICSE and other state boards. Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology has prescribed the syllabus of 2019 Examination for all the candidates appearing in the entrance exam. Candidates must go through RGIPT 2019 syllabus attentively and know all the topics that needs to be covered and studied. The syllabus will be different for each course.
The syllabus for different subject and courses are as follows –
- Human resource management
- Financial management
- International business
- Macro and managerial economics
- Management system design including MIS
- Management accounting
- Marketing management
- Natural Gas business
- Petroleum law and policies
- Petroleum refining technology and economics
- Petroleum and energy economics
- Sales and distribution management.
RGIPT 2019 Preparation Tips:
Firstly, Candidates needs to make a detailed note of all the topics included in the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology 2019 examination and should prepare every topic thoroughly.Knowing the syllabus will help students prepare efficiently.
- The students should give at their most 8-10 hours of self study every day.
- Make a schedule of the topics to be covered in a particular time and study accordingly.
- Strictly follow the daily routine.
- Avoid procrastination, Try to stay focused and motivated.
- Keep oneself updated about every pros and cons of the examination, though there is no negative marking which is ofcourse a plus point but still the students should be very careful while answering.
- Also students can watch YouTube videos on preparation if it’s being difficult for them to understand books and notes.
- Time management is the key to these state level exams, they should be well known about investing their time.
- Practice as many questions as you can to get the perfect grip over the particular subject/topyic.
- Lastly, analyse your performance regularly.
RGIPT Previous Year Cutoff:
The cut off marks & ranks will be declared along with the results.
|Category||Cut off 2017||Cut off 2016||Cut off 2015|