Retail Management is the process which helps the customers to acquire the desired commodity form the retail stores for their personal use. It involves all the steps required to bring the customers into the store and fulfill their buying needs. It teaches how to promote greater sales and customer satisfaction. It provides the better understanding of the consumers of goods and services.
Retail management includes retail management, pricing, retailing trends, segmentation, store management, advertising, accounting, finance, relationship marketing, etc. Retailers are one of the important roles in bringing demand and supply gap of products and services.
About Retail Management Courses:
There are four types of courses available in India in the specialization animal husbandry which are explained below:
- Certificate Course: The duration of this course is six months to eight months. Also, there are courses of one-month duration. The certificate course is available in Retail Management, Retail Store Management, and Leadership in Retail Sales.
- Diploma Course: The Diploma in Retail Management can be done from any institute. The duration of the course in one year. The duration of the postgraduate diploma degree is one to two years. List of diploma courses is given below:
- Advance Diploma in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Fashion Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Communications Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Operations Management
- Undergraduate Course: A candidate can do a Bachelor of Science in Retail Management, and Fashion Merchandising and Retail Management. The course duration is three years. Also, a candidate can do the following courses:
- Bachelor of Arts (Marketing Management & Retail Management)
- Bachelor of Arts (Materials Management)
- B.B.A (Auto Retailing)
- B.B.A (Retail Management)
- B.B.A (Retail Marketing)
- B.Com (Marketing and Retail Management)
- B.Sc. (Retail Management)
- B.Voc. (Retail Management)
- Postgraduate Course: A candidate can do MBA in Retail Management and M.Sc. in Fashion Merchandising and Retail Management. The duration of the course is two years. Following are the list of postgraduate courses available in India:
- MA (Fashion Retail Management)
- MBA (Fashion Merchandising and Retail Management)
- MBA (Retail Management)
- MRLM (Master of Retailing and Logistics Management)
Eligibility Criteria for Different Courses:
- Undergraduate Course: A candidate must have passed the 12th examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized university.
- Postgraduate Course: A candidate must have done graduation from a recognized university in the relevant field.
- Diploma Course: A candidate who has passed 10th or 12th examination from a recognized board can apply for the diploma course. For post-graduate diploma, the candidate must have done graduation from a recognized university.
- Certificate Course: A candidate with any educational qualifications can do the certificate course.
Admission Process & Entrance Examinations for Retail Management Courses:
- Undergraduate Course: The admission in Bachelor of Science course in Retail Management is done on the basis of entrance examinations conducted by the universities. Also, there are some institutes which shortlist candidates on the basis of marks scored in the senior secondary examination.
- Postgraduate Course: After graduation, a candidate can apply for post-graduation. Various exam authorities of different colleges conduct entrance examinations for admission in the postgraduate course.
- Diploma Course: Admission in the diploma course of retail management is done on the basis of marks scored in the 12th
Jobs & Career Opportunities:
The field which involves retail management revolves around merchandising and sales. Below is the list of job profiles a candidate can opt:
- Retail Manager Floor Manager
- Inventory Manager
- Shopping Operational Manager
- Customer Service
- Floor Manager
- Floor Executive
- Lobby Manager
- Sales Manager
- Retail Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Brand Manager
- Sales Analyst
- Operations Manager
- Accounts Manager
- Marketing Executive
- Store Manager
- Image Promoter
- Customer Care Executives