The I.K Gujral Punjab Technical University will conduct the PTU M.Tech admissions 2019. This exam will be conducted for candidates willing to take admission to the affiliated institutes of the I.K Gujral Punjab Technical University (Jalandhar) and Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical University (Bathinda). The admission exam will be based on a valid GATE score. There will be two separate merit lists – one for GATE candidates and the other for non-GATE candidates.
PTU M.Tech 2019 Registration:
Candidates willing to appear for the PTU M.Tech 2019 admissions, will have to register themselves through the official website – https://www.ptu.ac.in.
In order to register themselves, candidates will have to provide valid email id and phone number. After registering, login details will be sent to the email id and mobile number given. Candidates will have to use the provided information to log in and start filling out the application form.
PTU M.Tech 2019 Application Form Details:
After registering and getting the necessary login details in the given mobile number and email id, the candidate will have to log in to the website and start filling up the application form. The application form will require personal information such as name, correspondence address, gender, parents/guardian’s name, mobile number, eligibility (whether Punjab candidate or non-Punjab candidate), email id, nationality etc. After the personal details, educational details need to be given – graduation scores, subjects studied, the name of college/university studied under, GATE score (if applicable), etc.
Finally, after all the information is added, the candidate will have to upload a scanned image of a recent passport size photograph and a signature. After all the details have been uploaded and matched, the candidate will have to submit the form and pay the application fee. The entrance exam fee is Rs. 500 and the counseling fee is Rs. 2000, which is non-refundable. Payment can be done online through debit/credit card or net banking or offline through bank challan. Candidates willing to do cash payment will have to get in touch at the below mentioned address –
I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University,
Jalandhar-Kapurthala Highway, Kapurthala, Near Pushpa Gujral Science City, Jalandhar, Punjab-144601
PTU M.Tech 2019 Rules and Regulations:
Candidates willing to appear for the PTU M.Tech 2019 examination must keep in mind certain rules and regulations as put forth by the PTU, as are given below –
- Candidates will have to pay the non-refundable counseling fee before starting to fill out the application form.
- Seats (if any) left vacant after the first and second round of counseling or due to dropping out of the course causing vacancy will be open to being filled up by the institutes under Management Quota.
- 85% seats will be reserved for candidates who are domicile of Punjab and are currently residing in Punjab. Remaining 15% of the seats will be open for residents from outside Punjab.
- GATE qualified candidates will be given the first preference. Only if seats are left vacant after the admissions of GATE qualified candidates, the non-GATE qualified candidates (on the basis of scores obtained in the admissions test) will be given admission.
- In case the candidates wish to discontinue or surrender his/her seat within 7 days of counseling, then he or she can do so by writing an application to the college and register on the official website. Only under such circumstances will the I.K Gujral Technical University forward the concern to the respective college/institute and the college/institute will be liable to refund the full fees after deduction of Rs. 1000 only.
PTU M.Tech 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for candidates willing to appear for the PTU M.Tech 2019 admissions are as given below –
- Candidate must have a B.E or B.Tech degree from a recognized university with a minimum score of 50% in the aggregate examination (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidate should have the B.E or B.Tech degree in the particular stream he or she wishes to apply in M.Tech for.
- Final year candidates of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
- Candidate must a have a valid GATE score. For non-GATE score candidates, they will have to appear in an admissions test and admission will be done subject to availability of seats and score obtained in the exam, after allotment of seats to GATE score candidates.
PTU M.Tech 2019 Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to take admission under PTU M.Tech 2019 must keep the following dates in mind –
(P.S. – Admissions will be conducted in two rounds and the time frame provided below are tentative, subject to change.)
- Online application forms will be available from April 2019.
- The last date for filling up of online application form will be in May 2019.
- Admit cards will be available for download from May 2019.
- Entrance examination will be in June 2019.
- Declaration of results will be in July 2019.
PTU M.Tech 2019 Exam Pattern:
The complete structure of the PTU M.Tech 2019 examination as can be expected is usually released before the exam or during admissions, in the official website. However, a basic look at the structure will be as is given below –
- The structure of the exam will be similar to the GATE exam.
- The exam will be conducted in English only.
- The questions will all be objective and MCQ based. There will be four options of which one will be correct.
- For every correct answer +1 will be allowed and for every wrong answer -1 will be deducted.
PTU M.Tech 2019 Syllabus:
The syllabus for the PTU M.Tech 2019 examination will be similar to the GATE exam. Questions focussing on the particular specialization the candidate has applied for, questions covering the GATE exam, and syllabus of graduate studies will also be there.
PTU M.Tech 2019 Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to appear for the PTU M.Tech 2019 examination will have to keep the following preparation tips in mind –
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks and NCERT books. GATE exam guidance books can also be read.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep, as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.
PTU M.Tech Participating Institutes:
The following institutes will be accepting PTU M.Tech 2019 scores and candidates qualifying for the same will be eligible for admissions –
- Colleges affiliated to I.K.G. PTU – Guru Nanak Dev. Engineering College, Golden College of Engineering and Technology, CGC College of Engineering, DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology, Global Institute of Management and Engineering Technologies, IITT College of Engineering, Swami Sarvanand Institute of Engg and Tech, K.C. College of Engineering and Information Technology, Adesh Institute of Technology, Beant College of Engineering and Technology.
- Colleges affiliated to MRSPTU – Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Engineering and Technology, Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology, Patiala Institute of Engineering and Technology, Guru Teg Bahadur Khalsa Institute of Engineering and Technology, Punjab College of Engineering and Technology, Swami Vivekanand Institute of Engineering and Technology, Surya Educational and Charitable Trust Group of Institute, RIMT – Institute of Engineering and Technology, Asra College of Engineering and Technology, Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering Colleges.