PESSAT (PES Scholastic Aptitude Test), organized by the PES University, is a university level entrance exam to get admission in various UG & PG courses. It is necessary to appear in the test for getting admission in various UG and PG programmes offered by the university. The examination is conducted in various cities. Candidates can attempt the exam only once in an academic year. Admission in B.Arch course will be offered on the basis of NATA score.
PESSAT 2019 Registration and Application form:
The candidates need to do the following steps to register for the PESSAT: –
- Candidates need to apply from their email ids. For registering in different courses, the candidates need to register from different email ids.
- The forms will be released from the second week of October 2018
- The last date to fill the form is the third week of April 2019
- After completing the application form, candidates can also check their application status through their login account.
- Candidates have to send the DD along with printed application form to the following address:
Office of Admissions,
100 Ft Ring Road, BSK 3rd Stage,
- The application fee is Rs 1,050. Candidates can pay it through debit/credit card/net banking/ demand draft/challan
- The payment through DD has to be paid in favor of “PES University General Fund” payable at Bangalore. Candidates can also submit the fee through challan (by cash payment at ICICI Bank branches).
- For applying, we first need to go the official site of the PES University
- After that select the course in which you want to apply
- After filling out the required details, click on the proceed button and then click on the edit and confirm button.
- Now you have to fill the personal details, educational details and three preferences for test center.
- Select the declaration and click on the ‘submit’ button, If it is confirmed click on ‘confirm’ button and you will get “your application has been submitted successfully page” message.
- Now, click on ‘Continue’ to upload the photograph and click on ‘confirm’ button.
- Now you will get ‘payment details page.
- Choose the payment option and submit the fee.
- Take the printout at the last and keep it for future use.
PESSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria given below to appear in PESSAT 2019 entrance exam. The candidate should be an Indian citizen only.
For UG Courses:
- Candidates must pass the 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board with securing at least 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates can also apply through KCET (for B.tech) state level entrance exam.
- Those passed from CBSE, ICSE, State, IB and IGCSE boards will only be considered for admissions to the respective programme at PES. Other boards need to take permission before they register for admissions.
For B.A. LL.B and B.Arch Course:
- For admission in B.A. LL.B course, the CLAT scorecard will be considered.
- For admission in B.Arch course, the NATA score card will be considered.
- It is mandatory to register in PESSAT for admission in both the courses and upload the scorecard.
For PG Courses:
- Candidates must hold the graduation degree in any respective discipline from recognized university/institution.
- Candidate should pass with minimum 50% marks.
PESSAT 2019 Exam Centres:
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|New Delhi||New Delhi|
PESSAT 2019 Important Dates:
The dates for PESSAT 2019 exam are yet to be declared. The dates will be updated for the upcoming exam soon after the schedule is out. The registration is open from the second week of October 2018, to the third week of April 2019.
PESSAT 2019 Syllabus:
The syllabus for PESSAT 2019 which BTech aspirants need to give to secure admission at PES University is as follows:
The first section in PESSAT 2019 for engineering aspirants contains questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The questions in the entrance exam paper would be from the syllabus studied by candidates in their Class XI and Class XII. To explain further about the PESSAT test paper:
- 30% of the questions will be from Class XI CBSE syllabus.
- 70 % of the questions will be from Class XII CBSE syllabus.
The second section in PESSAT 2019 would test the aptitude of candidates in English grammar. This section will contain 20 questions.
PESSAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
The engineering entrance exam conducted by PES University is a online test. Candidates are not provided with an option to give the exam in the paper and pencil mode.
Duration: 180 minutes
Format: Multiple Choice Objective Type
PESSAT 2018 question paper will contain a total of 180 questions. Candidates will have to attempt one question per minute in this engineering entrance exam.
The total number of questions asked from the different subject in PESSAT is as follows:
No of Questions
There is no negative marking in PESSAT 2019.
PESSAT 2019 Slot booking:
Aspiring candidates will be required to book their slots to take PESSAT 2019 according to their convenience. Slot booking is on first come first served basis hence it is advised to book the slot at the earliest. Those booking late might miss their preferred slot.
For slot booking, the candidates need to log on to PES University website, click on slot booking tab and enter their registration number and email ID. It must be noted that once a candidates reserves a date and time, it can’t be changed later.
After the slot booking is completed, admit card for PESSAT 2019 will be available for download.
Slot booking window for B Tech will open in April and for rest of the courses, it will open in January.
In the slot booking window, the candidate will be required to enter their personal details and click on continue button. Then follow the instructions given to block a date and time. Once booked, request for changing of slots will not be entertained.
PESSAT Admit Card:
Admit cards for PESSAT 2019 will be issued to the candidates immediately after slot booking. The admit card will carry the following information:
- Name of the candidates
- Roll number/application number
- Exam date
- Exam time
- Exam venue
- Candidate’s contact information
- Candidate’s photo
The candidates must check all the details thoroughly and in case of any discrepancy, they must contact the admission office to get it rectified and obtain a duplicate copy of the corrected PESSAT 2019 admit card.
PESSAT 2019 admit card is a mandatory document to be carried to the examination hall. Any candidate who is not carrying their admit card will be barred from writing the exam. The candidates must save a copy of admit card for future reference.
PESSAT 2019 Rules and Regulations:
- Students have to take their admit cards positively to the examination hall
- Students should reach the examination centre at least an hour before the examination starts.
- Students should not carry any electronic materials such as mobile phones, programmable watches and smart watches, PDA, calculators, earphones etc.
- Students should not carry any material that is related to the exam, including no writing anything on hands.
- Students can carry only their stationery, including a blue or black ball point pen for filling the OMR sheet.
- Students are also required to carry any of their photo identity cards issued by the government of India.
PESSAT Tips for preparation:
- Practise a lot, practise and hard work are the key to success.
- Maintain a good speed.
- Read all the questions carefully, especially in the logical reasoning section. Attempt the easy ones first, and leave the difficult one for the last.
- Give the paper with a calm and cool mind.
- Keep a note of the important topics and do the sample papers religiously
- Have adequate food before you come to the examination hall.
- Lastly, do your best.
PESSAT 2019 Result:
PESSAT results are usually declared within a week of taking the test. Candidates taking PESSAT 2019 will be able to download their results from the official website a week after the exam.
To check the result, the candidates will have to follow the steps given below:
- Visit the PES University website
- Go to PESSAT tab
- Click on PESSAT result section
- Enter roll number and your date of birth
- Click on submit and see the scorecard
- Download a copy of the same and take a print out
Each scorecard will contain the candidate’s name, roll number, sectional scores and overall score. The candidates are advised to download their respective scorecards in time as the institute will not send the result to any candidate by post. The window to download the scorecard will be open for a limited period hence, the candidates must ensure they have downloaded their scorecards before the window closes. Requests for scorecard will not be entertained after the last date.
Selected candidates will be called for interview/counselling rounds conducted at the University campus. Admission will be granted on the basis of a candidate’s overall performance in academics, PESSAT and Interview.