The PDPU, also knows as the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Petroleum University was established by the PDPU Act and is located in the Raisan village in Gandhinagar. It is a UGC recognized university and also a member of the AIU (Association of Indian Universities). The PDPU has four schools all housed on the same campus. PDPU 2019 will hold admission tests for subjects in the field engineering, management, and arts. It gives admission to candidates in various undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. programmes.
PDU 2019 Registration:
Candidates willing to get admission to the PDU will have to register themselves through the official website – http://www.pdpu.ac.in
The registration process for different courses is done at different times and the information is available on their official website, sometime prior to the admission process. All details are usually provided through the ‘Information Brochure’.
PDU Application Details:
The PDU Application form details are available to a candidate after he or she has registered himself/herself through the official site. Upon completing registration, the candidate will get access to the application form which will require details such as personal details (name, dob, primary email, nationality), qualifying exam details, identity proof, caste certificate, mark sheets of 10+2 and bachelor’s degree (as is required) course preference and payment details. Payment for the PDPU application form can be done both online and offline. The application and registration fee is Rs. 1200 for certain courses. (For other courses, candidates will have to visit official website).
PDU Rules and Regulations:
For candidates willing to get admission into PDU certain rules and regulations need to be looked into. They are given below :
PDPU has a reservation of seats which are broken up in the following way :
- Scheduled Castes – 7.5%
- Scheduled Tribe – 15%
- Socially and Economically Backward Classes – 27%
- Physically Challenged – 3%
- Candidates of Gujrat state – 50%
- Candidates have to physically be present on the date of counseling with all the original documents as well as photocopies of them. Documents mentioned necessary for the application form are also necessary during counseling.
- Candidates willing to apply for B.Tech admissions must have appeared in the JEE Main 2019.
- The semester fees will not be refunded under any circumstances other than the library fees and caution money deposit.
- After the announcement of results, candidates need to pay the first installment of their education fee which is different for different courses.
- 50% of seats are reserved for candidates applying through their GATE score.
PDU 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for different courses under the PDU are different. A detailed look into the same is given below.
- Tech – Candidates willing to get through the B.Tech programme of the PDPU need a minimum score of 85% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, in their 10+2. They must also have appeared for the paper I of JEE Mains.
- A/B.Com/BBA – Candidates willing to apply for the liberal studies of PDPU must have passed their 10+2 from any board and any discipline.
For B.Com candidates, 10+2 in commerce is necessary.
- Tech – Candidates must have a minimum score of 60% or a minimum CGPA or GPA of 6.5 in the last qualifying degree of the applied discipline.
50% seats are reserved for candidates who are applying with their GATE scores.
- A – Candidates willing to apply for the MA degree at the PDPU need to have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized university or college in India.
- MBA – Candidates willing to apply for the MBA programme need to have a valid bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum score of 50%.
- D – Candidates willing to apply for Ph.D. need to have a valid masters degree in the discipline or field in which he or she has applied for Ph.D.
PDU 2019 Exam Dates:
The PDU exam dates haven’t been released as of yet. The time frame given below is tentative and is subject to change.
- The last date of the online application form at the PDPU website is June 2019.
- The last date for uploading class 12 mark sheets by the applicants is June 2019.
- The last date for NRI candidates to submit documents in the University Admissions Office is June 2019.
- The announcement of Provisional Merit List is in June 2019.
- Admission for counseling phase I is in June 2019.
- Admission for counseling phase II is in June 2019.
- Admission for counseling phase III is in June 2019.
- The last date for admission cancellation is from July 2019.
- On campus admission counseling – phase IV (only if required) is from July 2019.
- Commencement of the first semester is from July 2019.
PDU 2019 Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern for different courses is different for candidates applying for the PDPU admissions test. A detailed look regarding the same is given below.
- BBA/B.Com/B.A – The exam pattern will basically be an aptitude test. There will be 100 multiple choice objective questions. Each question will be worth half a marks. Time for the exam will be 90 minutes or 1 hour and 30 minutes.
After that, candidates will have to attempt an essay type question worth 25 marks. 30 minutes time will be given for that.
- Tech – Candidates who haven’t applied through their GATE scores will have to sit for an aptitude test. Topics for the entrance exam will consist of Subject Specialization, General English, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Techniques.
- MA – Candidates applying for MA need to sit for a 70 mark multiple choice objective question paper which needs to be answered in 60 minutes. Candidates will also have to attempt an essay type answer next. 30 minutes will be given for writing this answer.
- Ph.D. – The candidates willing to secure a seat in Ph.D. need to sit for a RAT or a Research Aptitude Test. The test will be multiple choice and objective in nature and will be on the subject related to the discipline the candidate has applied for.
PDU 2019 Syllabus:
Candidates willing to apply for the PDPU admissions test need to follow the following syllabus based on the course they are applying for.
- BBA/B.Com/BA – The written test will include English Language, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Techniques, Logical Reasoning, and General Knowledge.
- MA – The written test will include General Studies, English/Political Science – International Relations/ Public Administration and Public Policy.
- Tech – The written test will be conducted for the M.Tech programme on the specific course the candidate has applied for.
Specific syllabus under each course will be available on the official site.
PDU 2019 Preparation Tips:
For candidates applying for the PDPU 2019 examination, there are certain preparation tips which every candidate should follow. They are as follows :
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.
How to crack PDU 2019?
For candidates willing to crack the PDPU 2019 examination and willing to assure themselves of a seat in any one of the courses of the university, following the above-mentioned preparation tips are of utmost importance.
Reading good guidebooks and solving sample test paper from these books also help one assure themselves of a seat at one of the premier departments in the Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University.