About Oil and Gas Management Course:
Oil and Gas Management is a management course which is designed to provide students the knowledge about the foundation for management careers in the oil and gas industry. The management course in oil and gas includes oil and gas law operations, management, leadership and communication, energy policy and environmental issues, and petroleum economics.
Streams of Oil and Gas Management:
There are a number of streams available in Oil and Gas Management which are explained below:
- Brand Management: It is the management stream which allows the activity of supervising the promotion of a particular brand of goods. It involves the analysis and planning on how that brand is perceived in the market.
- Business Analysis: It is a field of identifying business needs and determining solutions to business problems. It is the study which helps change in an organization by defining business needs.
- Customer Relationship Management: It is an approach that refers to practices, technologies, and strategies that various companies use to manage and analyze data and customer interactions throughout the customer lifecycle. It involves various tactics which manage a company’s interaction with current and potential customers.
- Financial Management: It is an activity which involves planning, organizing, controlling, and monitoring financial resources so that the organization achieves the goals and objectives.
- Loyalty Program Management: It involves the creation and execution of unique customer engagement programs, interaction with customers across multiple channels, and many more.
- Operations Management: This stream is basically concerned with organizing, planning, and supervising in the contexts of production, manufacturing or the provision of services. It involves the business practices to create the maximum level of efficiency within an organization.
- Refinery Management: It includes production planning, the loading and unloading of dangerous goods, shipment planning, storage, stock management, and many more things related to a refinery.
Oil and Gas Management Course Duration:
The Management course in Oil and Gas is a postgraduate management course and the duration of the course is two years divided into four semesters.
Eligibility Criteria for Oil and Gas Management Course:
- A candidate must have done graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate in the higher secondary examination and senior secondary examination individually from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as subjects.
- Candidates who are appearing in the final year examination can apply for the course provided that they should submit all the essential documents at the time of counselling.
Admission Procedure for Oil and Gas Management Course:
There are several colleges who offer MBA in Oil and Gas Management. Different colleges have different admission criteria. Below is the list of few examinations which are considered while giving admission in the management course:
- CAT (Common Admission Test): It is a computer-based test conducted by one of the IIM’s once a year. Through this examination, eligible candidates are shortlisted for the management courses.
- CMAT (Common Management Admission Test): It is a management entrance examination which is conducted by AICTE every year.
- NMAT (National Management Aptitude Test): It is an entrance examination which allows aspirants to get admission in various disciplines of management courses.
- XMAT (Xavier Management Admission Test): XMAT is the entrance examination which is conducted by Xavier’s Institute every year to allow admission in the various management courses.
- GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test): GMAT is an online entrance test which is conducted by GMAC (Graduate Management Aptitude Council).
List of Colleges Offering Management Course in Oil and Gas:
- Academy of Maritime Education and Training, Chennai
- Great Lakes Institute, Gurgaon
- International Institute of Business Studies, Bangalore
- New Delhi Institute of Management, Delhi
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology
- School of Management, Sir Padmavat Singhania University, Udaipur
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
Jobs & Career Opportunities:
A candidate with a management degree in oil and gas can find a job in multiple domains like sales, operation, project management, etc. After completing the course, candidates can find a job in oil refineries, energy product manufactures, paints and dyes companies, waste management companies, etc. Below is the list of few job profiles a student can opt:
- Assistant Manager
- Business Analyst
- Business Development Representative
- Energy Consultant
- Field Material Coordinator
- Laboratory Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
- Oilfield Sales Manager
- Oil and Gas Analyst