ODISHA JEE 2019 or Odisha Joint Entrance Examination 2019 is a state level examination which will be conducted and looked into by the Odisha Government. The Odisha JEE will conduct exams to provide admission to students in the first year Pharmacy, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, and 5-years integrated MBA programme. The Odisha Joint Entrance Examination will also provide admission to students in a lateral entry in courses of engineering, technology, pharmacy and MCA and 1st-year masters courses in MBA, MCA, M.Tech, M.Pharm, M.Arch, M.Plan, and M.Arch (Exe.)
Odisha JEE 2019 Registration:
Candidates willing to appear for the Odisha JEE 2019 examination need to register themselves through the official website – www.ojee.nic.in or www.odishajee.com.
After registering, candidates need to login to the website and start filling up the form.
The registration process will begin from January 2019.
Special OJEE or 2nd OJEE dates will begin from the fourth week of June 2019. For registering candidates would require a working email id and phone number where the login details will be sent.
Odisha JEE Application Form Details:
After registering, students need to use the login credentials which have been sent to their registered mobile number and email id to login to the official website and start filling out the application form. Students will have to fill in their personal, academic and communication details in the form and also upload scanned images of candidates recent passport size photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression.
After this, the application fee has to be paid. This can be done through online method (credit/debit card) and through offline method (e-challan method) from the bank gateway, after taking a printout of the challan candidate has to take it to any State Bank of India branch and pay the fee. After filling up of the application form the candidate needs to take a printout of it for future references. The application fee for both male and female candidates is Rs. 1000 for the application forms – A, B, C, D, F (single exam) and Rs. 1500 for a combination of papers – MBA and M.Tech, MBA and MCA, MBA and Le-MCA. Before submitting the form, the candidate needs to check whether all the information has been added correctly and whether course selection has been done right.
Odisha JEE Rules and Regulations:
Certain rules and regulations for candidates applying for the Odisha JEE are as follows :
- Options of the category, reservation, and sub-reservation of the seat, choice of exam center and course one selected by the candidate in the application form cannot be changed later.
- Applicants have to choose from the given options of category such as – S (State of Odisha), ZZ (Outside State of Odisha), NRI (Non-residential Indian) and Reservation (SC/ST) along with sub-reservation type (PC or PwD, GC, WO, ES,TFW), provided he or she can substantiate the claim with relevant documents. No provision of uploading these documents have been made online.
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- An applicant can’t and shouldn’t upload any reservation category certificate along with application form to claim a seat.
- Claim for admission stands canceled if original certificates of mark sheets and other documents are not provided or seem forged.
Odisha JEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The Eligibility Criteria for the Odisha JEE is different for different subjects. A detailed look at the requirements – course wise, is given below :
There is no age limit for appearing in the OJEE examination for admission to the B.Pharm course. Candidate should have passed 10+2 from CHSE – Odisha or an equivalent board with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and Mathematics/BiologyBiotechnology/Technical as a vocational subject. The score has to at least 45% (40% for SC/ST) in the above subjects taken together.
BHMS and BAMS
Candidate must have passed 10+2 from CHSE – Odisha or an equivalent board from the science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology) with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks – PCB took together (40% for SC/ST candidates). The lower age limit has to be 17 years (as of 31st December 2019). Certificates supporting age proof have to submit during admissions.
Lateral Entry Courses (Diploma Holders)
Candidates must have completed a 3-year diploma in engineering or technology (2-year in case of lateral entry diploma). Candidates must have qualifies the above examination with a 45% at least (40% for reserved categories) in the appropriate branch of engineering/technology. There is no age limit except for B.Tech (marine engineering). Other state candidates are also eligible to apply but they will be eligible to get admission to private engineering colleges according to their OJEE ranks.
Lateral Entry Courses (B.Sc/+3 Sc. Students)
Candidates should hold a 3-year degree in bachelor’s of science from a recognized university. Candidates should have passed 10+2 with Mathematics as a subject. Candidate should have secured a minimum of 45% (40% for reserved category candidates) in the above mentioned exam. There is no age limit for this examination.
Odisha JEE 2019 Exam Dates:
The exam dates for the Odisha JEE 2019 admission examination are as follows :
(P.S. – Please keep in mind that these are tentative dates, subject to change.)
- OJEE 2019 notification release date – January 2019
- OJEE 2019 application form release date – February 2019
- OJEE 2019 last date for application form fill-up (online) – March 2019
- OJEE 2019 admit card availability (online) – Third week April 2019
- OJEE 2019 examination – Second week of May 2019
- Declaration of OJEE 2019 results – First week of June 2019
- Commencement of OJEE 2019 counseling – Last week of June 2019
Odisha JEE Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern for the Odisha JEE 2019 examination are as follows :
- The examination will be a pen and paper-based one, that is, it will be offline.
- Questions shall all be MCQ in nature. Options will be provided from which candidates will have to select the correct answer.
- Marking scheme will be +4 for every correct answer and -1 for every wrong answer.
- The duration of the examination will depend on the course the candidate has opted for. OJEE Pharmacy, BAMS, BHMS will be a 3-hour exam. Lateral entry to B.Tech will be 2 hours, Lateral entry to Pharmacy and M.Pharm will be a 1-hour paper, OJEE MCA and LE-MCA will be a 2-hour paper.
- For the BAMS and BHMS exam questions will be from intermediate level Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. For the B.Pharm examination questions will be from intermediate level Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics. MBA will have a basic MBA test, MCA will have a basic MCA test.
Odisha JEE 2019 Syllabus:
The Odisha JEE 2019 exam syllabus is different for different subjects. A detailed look at the marks division for each exam is given below. All questions will be of the intermediate (class 12) level.
- OJEE Pharmacy, BAMS, BHMS will have 120 questions from Mathematics (60 questions), Physics (60 questions), Chemistry (60 questions), Botany (30 questions) and Zoology (30 questions).
- OJEE LE-B.Tech (diploma holders) will have 120 questions from Basic Electrical Engineering (40 questions), Mathematics (40 questions) and Engineering Mechanics (40 questions).
- OJEE LE-B.Sc will have 60 questions from Mathematics (30 questions), Chemistry (15 questions) and Physics (15 questions).
- OJEE MCA and LE-MCA will have 120 questions from Mathematics (60 questions) and Compluter Awareness (60 questions).
- OJEE MBA will have 120 questions from Verbal Reasoning (40 questions), Analytical Reasoning (40 questions), General Knowledge (10 questions), Comprehension (20 questions) and Computer and Business Fundamentals (10 questions).
- OJEE Integrated MBA will have 60 questions from Verbal Reasoning (15 questions), Analytical Reasoning (15 questions), General Knowledge (15 questions) and Comprehension (15 questions).
- OJEE M.Plan will have 60 questions from Logical Reasoning (10 questions), Arithmetic Reasoning (10 questions) and Architectural Concept Related (40 questions).
Odisha JEE Preparation Tips:
It is very important to have proper preparation tips and tricks when preparing for an exam and Odisha JEE is no different. Certains tips which can help when preparing for the examination are a follows :
- Time management is of utmost importance. Dividing study time between all subjects equally is the key to prepare all the subjects well. Taking timely study gaps is also necessary as studying non-stop at a stretch can be harmful.
- Revision of what has already been studied is necessary as that helps keep the studied matter fresh in mind.
- Practicing from previous year’s question papers helps to get a basic idea of what to expect in the exam and how to go about it.
- Create a study plan and try sticking to it no matter what. Don’t let your mind get diverted if your main aim is to crack the exam and get admission in your desired course.
- Try staying fit and healthy. Students often tend to panic before exams and end up falling sick, putting all the practice and hard-work to waste. Take care of yourself and stay hydrated at all times.
How to crack Odisha JEE?
Know the syllabus and exam pattern well. Practice through good guidebooks, and have a good and steady collection of study materials handy. Read the subject topics well. Since the syllabus is mostly from the class 11 and 12 syllabus, it will be more like revision work, if done sincerely. Don’t leave out any topic when preparing because wrong answers have negative marking. Be sure of every answer you write but don’t be overconfident. Follow the above-mentioned preparation tips too and you can well assure yourself of a seat in one of your preferred institutions after cracking the Odisha JEE 2019 examinations.