NPAT 2019 (NMIMS Programs After Twelfth) is conducted by the Narsee Munjee Institute Of Management every year for admitting students in its various programs such as Bachelor of Technology (BTech), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Economics and Finance, Bachelor of Commerce (Hons), Master of Business Administration (MBA) Tech, MBA Pharma Tech and dual degree BBA, and Bachelor of Design (BDes). There are five branches of this institute, located in Mumbai, Shirpur, Bengaluru, Navi Mumbai, and Indore. The Mumbai campus offers all the programmes, Shirpur campus offers BTech, MBA (Tech) and MBA (Pharma Tech, Bengaluru campus offers BBA, BSc Finance and BSc Economics. Indore and Navi Mumbai campuses offer only BBA.
NPAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for various programmes of NMIMS are as follows: –
Age criteria are below 25 years candidates can apply.
For B.Tech or B.E: –
- Candidate should have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent examination including International Baccalaureate Diploma with English and Science subjects.
- Minimum of 50% marks in PCM is required for the Mumbai campus and 45% marks for the Shirpur campus.
- Candidates having Diploma in B.Tech with 50% and above marks can also apply.
- Candidates holding IB diploma and Mathematics at 10+2 are eligible to apply.
For B.sc (Finance), B.Com (Hons) and BBA:-
- Must have passed/appearing 10+2 or equivalent exam along with International Baccalaureate diploma (in any discipline) in the first attempt.
- Minimum of 50% aggregate marks are required for the B.Com (Hons) and 60% for B.Sc Finance and BBA in the qualifying exam.
- The candidate should pass the 10+2exam with Mathematics or Statistics for the B.Com (Hons), BBA and B.sc (Finance).
- IB diploma holders are also eligible for B.Sc Finance & BBA only if they have passed the 10+2 in Mathematics/Statistics.
For MBA Pharma Tech (Pharma + Tech): –
- The applying candidate must pass/appearing 12th or its equivalent examination including International Baccalaureate diploma with science stream (PCM or PCB) and English as a compulsory subject.
- The minimum marks required are 50% (PCM/PCB) in the qualifying exam.
NPAT 2019 Registration and Application Form:
The application form of NMIMS is available at the site and it is completely online. To apply for the NPAT exam, the candidate is required to follow the following steps: –
- Visit the official site and there the candidate can find the online registration button.
- After clicking this button, the candidate will get the application form.
- The candidates then need to fill in the details in the application form and verify at the same time.
- Once this is done, click on the submit button and make the fee payment using a credit card or Demand Draft.
The application fee is as under:
|For one school program||Rs 1800|
|For two programs of two different schools||Rs 3000|
|For three programs of three different schools||Rs 4000|
|For four programs of four different schools||Rs 5000|
- Next, the candidate needs to upload a recent photograph in JPEG format 200px X 130px). The size of the photograph should not exceed 500KB.
- The candidate needs to take the printout of the form as well.
NPAT 2019 Exam Dates:
These are the tentative dates based on last year. The actual dates have not been released by the institution.
May 01 NPAT 2019 last date to apply
May 07 Admit card download
May 11-12 NPAT exam date
NPAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern of the NPAT is given below: –
- The exam will be conducted in the online mode.
- The paper will be divided into two parts. The first part is the Common part and the second part is the Design.
- The questions will be the objective type/
- Candidates have 120 minutes to solve the questions of paper 1 and 90 minutes for solving the questions of paper 2.
- The paper is going to be held in English.
- There would be 120 questions in the paper 1 and 60 questions in the paper 2.
- Equal marks are there for each question and for each incorrect response 1/4 marks are deducted.
|Paper||Section||Section Detail||No. of Q.||Time in minutes|
|Paper 1||Section 1||Quantitative & Numerical ability||40||45|
|Section 2||Reasoning & General Intelligence||40||45|
|Section 3||Proficiency in English Language||40||30|
|Paper 2||Section 4||Spatial Ability and Visualization Skills||20||30|
|Section 5||Observation & Problem Solving||20||30|
|Section 6||General Awareness & Design Sensibility||20||30|
NPAT 2019 Syllabus:
The paper is divided into three sections, comprising of Proficiency in the English Language, Quantitative and Numerical Ability, and Reasoning and General Intelligence. The syllabus is as follows: –
Proficiency in the English language
- Reading comprehension
- Para- Jumble
- Spot the error/Sentence completion
- Fill in the blanks
Quantitative and Numerical ability
- Number System
- Percentages, Profit, loss and discount, Ratio & SI/ CI
- Time, speed and distance/ Time and Work
- Geometry & mensuration
- PnC, Probability & Set theory
Reasoning and General Intelligence
- Analytical reasoning
- Series & sequences
- Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Graph, Pie Chart, Table Chart)
- Blood relation
- Visual reasoning
NPAT 2019 Admit Card:
If the candidates have successfully registered, they can download their admit cards. To retrieve the admit card, follow these steps: –
- Visit the official website
- Click on the ‘NPAT 2019 Admit Card’ on the homepage.
- After clicking, the candidates will be redirected to the admit card page.
- Enter the user id and password to log in.
- If the details filled are correct, then the admit card will be generated.
- Download the admit card and take the print out of the same.
NPAT 2019 Rules and Regulations:
- Students have to take their admit cards with their photograph pasted positively to the examination hall
- Students should reach the examination center at least an hour before the examination starts.
- Students should not carry any electronic materials such as mobile phones, programmable watches, and smartwatches, PDA, calculators, earphones etc.
- Students should not carry any material that is related to the exam, including no writing anything on hands.
- Students can carry only their stationery, including a blue or black ballpoint pen for filling the OMR sheet.
- Students are also required to carry any of their photo identity cards with their photocopy: –
- Voter ID
- School/College ID
- Aadhar card
- Driving License (Learner license will not be accepted)
- 12th admit card
- PAN card
NPAT 2019 Result:
The results will be declared in the last week of May 2019. The officials will display the result of the exam online and candidates can view the same by visiting the official website. The result will be displayed in the form of a merit list. This list will be prepared on the basis of the scores obtained in the entrance test. Candidates must note that final admission will be granted solely on the basis of the marks obtained in the test.
To view the merit list, a candidate needs to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the ‘NPAT 2018 Result’ tab on the upper right-hand corner of the homepage
- Click on the link mentioning ‘MBA Tech NPAT candidates to update (12th) Twelfth Score’
- The candidate will be redirected to a page where he/she needs to fill in the User ID and password and login
- The merit list will appear on the screen; download the same
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the result and keep it safe for future reference
Candidate must note that Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds will not be conducted for admission purpose. Admission is granted to the candidates as per merit, preference of campus and vacancy. Selected candidates should report for the payment of fees within given the stipulated time to secure their seats.
NPAT 2019 Counselling:
The counseling for NMIMS NPAT 2019 admission will be started from the third week of June 2019 for various courses. The counseling will be conducted through offline mode. Candidates have to present in person to participate in the counseling.
Candidates can download the admission letter from the website to attend the counseling. Candidates can choose the courses and colleges in which they are seeking for admission at the time of counseling. The admission will be offered on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam and the availability of seats.
Counseling for B.Tech and MBA (Tech) will be conducted in Mumbai campus. Candidates should bring the original documents on the day of counseling to get admission.
NPAT 2019 Preparation Tips:
- Practice a lot, practice and hard work are the keys to success.
- Maintain a good speed.
- Read all the questions carefully, especially in the logical reasoning section. Attempt the easy ones first, and leave the difficult one for the last.
- Always do revisions after studying.
- A study in a smart way
- Keep a copy of the syllabus handy one or two months before preparing for the exam.
- Give the paper with a calm and cool mind.
- Keep a note of the important topics and do the sample papers religiously
- Have adequate food before you come to the examination hall.
- Lastly, do your best.