NMAT is organized by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) for admission into top business schools of India. It is also known as NMIMS Management Admission Test. NMIMS stands for Narsee Monjee Institutes of Management Studies.
Top 23 B-schools of India take part in this examination and offer admission to students based on their performance. GMAC provides a 75-day window for taking the test. Students can take this test three times with a minimum gap of 15 days in between.
NMAT acts as a gateway for students to pursue top management programmes in India. Leading management institutes of India use NMAT score to assess the skills of the candidate.
It has been a Computer-Based Test (CBT) since 2009. This year the exam will take place between October 04 and December 17, 2018. The registration process for NMAT 2018 has already begun on July 03, 2018. The last date for registration is October 03, 2018.
- The list of colleges giving admission to MBA and other graduate management programmes based on NMAT is growing every year.
- The difficulty level of this exam is moderate and has no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Three opportunities are given to candidates to improve their score. So students can choose their exam date according to their convenience.
- Students can apply to business schools of their choice based on their NMAT
- Students can choose any location among 44 test centers in India including 4 international centers in Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Sri Lanka.
- The best score will be considered while applying for admission into the college or university.
- Students can log in with Gmail, Facebook or their Email-ID.
- Students can register for NMAT through their mobile phones.
LIST OF INSTITUTES OFFERING ADMISSION THROUGH NMAT:
After giving the NMAT exam visit the websites of the colleges students want to apply for. Following universities, colleges and business schools accept NMAT score for selection into their management programmes:
- Thapar School of Management, Chandigarh
- SRM University, Chennai
- VIT University, Vellore
- Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
- Amity University, Delhi
- Mody University, Rajasthan
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University
- Jindal Global Business School, Delhi
- Athena School of Management, Mumbai
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- ITM Business School, Mumbai
- Woxsen School of Business Management, Hyderabad
- BML Munjal University, Delhi
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- MISB Bocconi, Mumbai
- ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad
- Bennett University, Greater Noida
- BSE Institute Limited, New Delhi
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, Bangalore
- ISBR Business School, Bangalore
NMAT 2018 REGISTRATION:
Candidates who fit the eligibility criteria can register for NMAT 2018 online. The process for registration has started on July 03, 2018. The steps for registration are as follows:
1. CREATE AN ACCOUNT
- Users who already have an account can sign in with their user name and password.
- Candidates can also register with their Facebook, Google account or Email-ID.
- For example, if a candidate registers with his or her Google account, he or she will be redirected to a new page reflecting his or her Name and E-mail.
- Now students must enter their mobile number in the required field.
- Create a unique password which has lower and upper case alphabets, special characters and numbers.
2. SET COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
- Candidates have to give permission to GMAC to share their profile information, contact information and NMAT score to participating colleges and universities. They can change this preference anytime by logging in.
- Candidates can choose how they would like to be contacted; by Phone, SMS or neither.
- Candidates can choose what kind of additional information they would like to get, like Business school preparation and career tools, NMAT preparation and other test related information.
- Aspirants can update all their preferences.
3. COMPLETE YOUR DASHBOARD
- Candidates have successfully registered for NMAT by GMAC.
- Now upload your photo of the required size. This photograph will appear on the candidate’s admit card. The admit card has to be carried on the day of examination.
- Accept the terms and conditions of NMAT by GMAC.
- Enter the work experience if you have any since candidates with two or more years of work experience will be given experience.
- Enter your educational qualification and the percentage of marks secured.
- Select the schools/universities/colleges you want to send your score to. You can select five programmes which are included in the registration fee. Rs. 200 plus taxes will be charged additionally for programmes apart from these five programmes.
4. MAKE THE PAYMENT
- Complete the registration process by paying the fee using the Debit Card, Credit Card, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Mobile Wallets, Diners Club or Internet Banking.
- After completing the payment, choose the date of examination as per your convenience.
- Download the admit card from your dashboard.
5. RESCHEDULE AND RETAKE
- Candidates can change the schedule of the examination 72 hours before their original schedule.
- Candidates can pay to reschedule only through their credit cards.
- Candidates can retake the examination three times with a minimum gap of 15 days in between. They have to wait at least 15 days to retake NMAT
- No show will also be considered an attempt.
- After the first attempt, candidates can go the dashboard and just click on Retake section and pay the registration fee for retake exam. After completing the registration, reschedule for retake examination.
NMAT 2018 APPLICATION FORM DETAILS:
POSSIBILITY OF ERROR
Students must be careful while filling out the application form. They must make sure that all the details they entered matches with their documents. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to enter the examination venue. Candidates should keep all their documents ready and be careful while entering all their details.
Make sure you double-check your entries before hitting the submit button. You can save and edit your details anytime by logging into your NMAT by GMAC account. Register for the exam on time. Do not wait for the last date as there is more possibility for a mistake to occur because of a hurry.
POSSIBILITY OF CORRECTION
In any case, if you still made a mistake, you can send a mail to GMAC and explain your situation. Mention in the mail what information you entered was wrong and what it should be replaced with.
Make sure you send the mail well before the deadline. It will take a few days for them to respond. The correction option will be available by the end of July 2018 for NMAT by GMAC.
You can edit your mistakes until the second week of December 2018. Correction option will be available for students who have completed all the online registration process including payment.
But students cannot change their Email ID, mobile number, date of birth and address. Rest of the information can be edited.
Following are the steps for form correction:
- Visit the official website of NMAT by GMAC.
- Click on Form Correction option available on the homepage.
- Log in by using your credentials.
- Edit the details you want to change.
- Save the changes.
NMAT 2018 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Students, who want to pursue their dream of getting into one of the top business schools of India, must check out the eligibility details of appearing for the examination. If any of the eligibility criteria is not fulfilled, they will not be allowed to take the exam. Before registering for NMAT 2018, students should make sure whether they are fit to sit for the examination or not. Qualifying the exam without fulfilling the eligibility criteria will not be of any use.
Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), the governing body which conducts this examination has laid down the eligibility criteria for NMAT 2018. This is the first step in the selection procedure to check whether the candidate is suitable to take the test or not. All the aspirants are advised to go through the following eligibility criteria if they wish to get into MBA programmes of one of the top universities offering management programmes:
- EDUCATION QUALIFICATION: Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. The degree must be a full-time graduation degree. Students who are in their final year of graduation may also apply. They can take a provisional certificate from their university or college. They must have at least 50% marks in their final examination before applying for NMAT 2018. Provisional admission will be granted in such case.
Part-time or correspondence or distance learning graduates cannot apply.
- MINIMUM QUALIFYING MARKS: Candidate must have at least 50% marks in their graduation. If the candidate’s aggregate marks are in CGPA, they must produce documents provided by the university to convert CGPA or grades into marks.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: Preference will be given to candidates who have two or more years of work experience in full-time management programmes.
- AGE LIMIT: There is no age limit for candidates who wish to appear for NMAT 2018.
- NATIONALITY: Candidate can be an Indian national or of foreign origin. So, both Indians and foreigners can apply for NMAT International candidates must have a minimum GMAT score of 600.
- DISCIPLINE: The candidate can be of any discipline having a full-time graduation degree or in the final year of their graduation.
- RESERVATION: Some seats are reserved for “widows/wards of armed forces personnel killed/disabled in action or during peacetime and wards of Kashmiri migrants”, provided that they successfully fulfill all the eligibility criteria and have required NMAT
- POST GRADUATION: Candidates having post graduation degree in Psychology, Economics and Sociology can also apply.
- TECHNICAL GRADUATION: Candidates having bachelor’s degree in Technology or Bio-Medical can also apply for the exam.
- DOCUMENT VERIFICATION: Candidates must bring self-attested copies of all the required documents.
These are the basic and mandatory characteristics that all the candidates must share in order to appear for the examination.
NMAT 2018 EXAM DATES:
Check out the NMAT 2018 time-table, registration for which has already started on July 03, 2018 and will end on October 03, 2018. Before starting the preparation note down these important dates. Make sure you get enough time before the date of examination.
It is important to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the online examination. The results will be declared 4-5 weeks after the exam. The candidates will be shortlisted after the declaration of results. The selection of a candidate depends on the cut-off marks of participating B-schools.
Here is the complete schedule for NMAT 2018 in the table below:
|EVENT||START DATE||END DATE|
|Registration||July 03, 2018||October 03, 2018|
|Scheduling||July 03, 2018||October 16, 2018|
|Late Registration||October 04, 2018||October 14, 2018|
|Registration for Retake||October 05, 2018||December 14, 2018|
|Re-Scheduling||July 03, 2018||December 14, 2018|
|Re-take Scheduling||October 05, 2018||December 14, 2018|
|Exam Delivery||October 04, 2018||December 17, 2018|
|Result Announcement||3rd week of January 2019|
|Download Score Card||March 31, 2019|
FEE DETAILS OF NMAT 2018:
After checking out the eligibility details and important dates of NMAT 2018, candidates can apply or register for the exam online. Students can edit their details by logging in anytime, but cannot change it after the payment is made. Once the registration is done, payment can be made using the following methods:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Master Card
- Internet Bank
- American Express
- Mobile Wallets
- Diners Club
The payment for retake examination can only be made through credit card (Visa, Master Card, and American Express Only).
This article brings out the Fee Structure of NMAT 2018 in the table below:
|Early Test Registration||Rs. 2000 plus taxes|
|Late Test Registration||Rs. 2500 plus taxes|
|Retake||Rs. 2000 plus taxes|
|Reschedule||Rs. 1100 plus taxes|
|Extra Score Reports (apart from first five)||Rs. 200 per score plus taxes|
NMAT 2018 ADMIT CARD:
- Candidates need to download the admit card after the registration. Admit card will not be sent through E-mail or post. So, one must not forget to download it from the website and get a printout.
- No one will be allowed to enter the exam hall without a government issued ID card and admit card.
- In case the candidate is opting for a retake exam, he or she must retain the admit card of the first exam.
In case of retake examination, candidates have to choose a location which is different from the previous exam location.
NMAT 2018 EXAM PATTERN:
NMAT can be taken thrice in a window of 75 days. Between each attempt, there is a minimum gap of 15 days. It has three sections, namely Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. It is a computer-based test where candidates get a randomly generated pool of questions. Candidates can also choose which section they want to attend first. They have to answer all the questions within the given time frame.
The candidates who are short listed through NMAT will be called for personal interview and group discussion round by a participating university, school or college.
The exam pattern for NMAT 2018 is as follows:
|S. No.||Section||No. of Questions||Time in minutes|
- There is no negative marking in case of wrong answered questions.
- The questions will be of three marks each, so total marks are 360.
- The remaining time of one section will not be added to other section.
- Candidates will get two minutes before the start of the exam to read the agreements. Check all the agreements.
- They are also given a ten-minute tutorial and three minutes for selecting the sequence of sections they want to attempt first.
- Candidates are given a chance to check all the answers before submitting them.
- The questions are of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type.
- Each section is timed separately and the candidates have to finish that section within that time period. Answers to previous sections cannot be changed afterward.
- The candidates cannot move to and fro between the sections. They have to select the sequence of sections at the beginning of the exam.
- The questions will be delivered on the screen one at a time.
- No physical or online calculator will be allowed in the examination.
NMAT SCORES PATTERN:
- Candidates will get E-mail when their scores will be available.
- Candidates can download their score card by logging into their NMAT by GMAC account.
- Scores will be in percentile form. Students can send these scores to the schools they selected.
- The range of score for each section is included in the following table:
|SECTION||RANGE OF SCORE|
|LOGICAL REASONING SKILLS||0-120|
NMAT 2018 SYLLABUS:
NMAT aspirants should check the exam pattern before checking the syllabus. Students are advised to go over the syllabus and collect all the books and reference material related to the syllabus. There are three sections included in the syllabus which are mentioned as follows:
There is no fixed syllabus given out by GMAC. But based on some previous year questions, these are some of the common topics questions are often based on:
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Passage reading
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Syntax and grammatical error
- Word meanings
- Idioms and Phrases
- Blood Relation
- Statement conclusion
- Family tree
- Strong and weak arguments
- Profit and Loss
- Bar Graph
- Line Graph
- Pie Chart
- Time and Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Coordinate Geometry
- Number System
- Simple and Compound Interest
NMAT 2018 PREPARATION TIPS:
Candidates who are gearing up for NMAT 2018 should work both hard and smart. They can follow some of these preparation tips that will help them succeed in the examination:
- Collect all the information about the NMAT exams such as eligibility, schedule and important dates, syllabus, and exam pattern.
- First of all, check whether you are eligible to appear for the examination or not, as qualifying the examination alone will not be enough to get into one of the top management schools or universities of India.
- After checking the eligibility criteria, register for the exam online. Check out our website and follow all the steps carefully. Make sure all the details are correct before making the payment and clicking on submit.
- Now start by preparing a proper time-table for preparation. Students should allot the time to each section depending on its marks and number of questions.
- The section which has a number of questions should be given more time and a section which has less number of questions should be given comparatively less time and so on.
- Collect all the books and reference material needed for practice for all the relevant sections.
- Stick to your schedule and have proper rest. It is necessary for the mind to retain all the information.
- After finishing the syllabus, give time for proper revision. Make short notes of important points, concepts, and formula for quick and easy revision.
- After some practice, the revision will take much less time. Daily revision is very important for scoring well in the exam.
- Now collect some previous year NMAT question papers. Practice at least two papers daily. Identify your mistakes and work on them.
- Finally, you can solve some mock test papers. Time is a most important component in a competitive exam. Try to solve these papers like the real exam. You will get a good idea of how to manage time during the exam.
Do not study anything two days before the scheduled exam. Take proper rest and meal.