Nirma University, formerly known as Nirma Institute of Technology, affiliated with the University Grants Commission, and founded by Karsanbhai K. Patel in 1994 in Ahmedabad (Gujarat). It was started by Nirma Education and Research Foundation and was the first self-financed engineering colleges in India. The University grants master’s in twelve specializations:
- Civil Engineering (Computer Aided Structural Analysis & Design)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Information & Network Security)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Networking Technologies)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Computer Science and Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering (Power Electronics, Machines & Drives)
- Electrical Engineering (Electrical Power Systems)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (VLSI Design)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (Communication Engineering)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (Embedded Systems)
- Mechanical Engineering (CAD/CAM)
- Mechanical Engineering (Thermal Engineering)
- Mechanical Engineering (Design Engineering)
In the University, there will be two categories of admission to M.Tech (by research) given below:
- Full-time candidate
- External candidate
Full-time candidates undergo a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 4 years from the date of joining, and External candidates undergo a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 5 years from the date of joining. Apart from this, University has divided M.Tech into two types: Regular, and Research.
Nirma University M.Tech 2019 Admissions:
Candidates can take admission in M.Tech courses by two methods:
- Marks scored in GATE, and
- Written Test by Nirma University.
A candidate who wants to get admission in 2019 M.Tech courses must have appeared for GATE and secured qualifying score in the examination. At first, candidates are given admission on the basis of their marks scored. After their admission, if seats remain vacant, then the University conducts an online examination to fill the remaining seats. If the seats get filled by GATE candidates, then there will be no written examination.
Nirma University M.Tech 2019 Application Form Details:
The application form for M.Tech admissions will be available online on the official website of Nirma University. Candidates can check the details on http://www.nirmauni.ac.in/ITNU/MTechAdmission. The application form will be available only through online mode. Applicant should fill only one form for all programmes of concerned discipline. If a candidate wants to apply for different department programmes, then he/she should submit separate forms.
The application form for M.Tech admissions will tentatively start from the second week of May 2019. Applicants must check the eligibility criteria before filling the form. While filling the application form, applicants must provide a valid e-mail address, mobile number, and landline number. An application fee of Rs. 1250/- shall have to be paid online for the examination by net-banking/debit card/credit card. Candidates should download the submitted application form as it will be checked during counseling round.
Note: – Last date of the online submission of application form will be the last week of July 2019.
Nirma University M.Tech Eligibility Criteria:
For Regular M.Tech Programmes:
- A candidate should have passed the qualifying examination of Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology from a recognized university with a minimum percentage of marks prescribed by AICTE.
- Candidates who are appearing in final year may also apply. But they should submit the result within 30 days declaration of results.
- Applicants who will apply under GATE applicants, and will have scores less than the qualifying scores, will be considered as NON-GATE applicants.
- If in case, two candidates obtain the same scores in GATE, then the preference will be given as below:
- Percentage obtained in the eighth semester of the qualifying examination. If the result does not get declared, then the percentage of the seventh semester will be considered.
- Aggregate percentage of the qualifying examination and the type of class awarded to the applicant (First/Second/Third/Hon.).
For Research M.Tech Programmes:
- A candidate should have passed the qualifying examination of Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology from a recognized University with minimum % of marks as prescribed by the AICTE from time to time or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Index (CGPI) OR he/she should have passed any other qualifying degree/diploma examination considered as equivalent by Nirma University (with minimum % marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Index).
- If a candidate applies as an external candidate, then he/she should have a work experience of minimum 3 years in Research & Development related work in research organization or institute after graduation. They will also be required to submit a “No Objection Certificate” from their employers for taking up the programme.
- Applications will be invited by the University through the website or newspaper. To be eligible for the research programmes, a candidate has to appear for an online entrance examination followed by the interview.
|M.Tech Programmes||Qualifying Exam||Valid Gate Exam|
|Computer Aided Structural Analysis & Design||B.E in Civil Engineering or equivalent||Civil Engineering|
|Computer Science & Engineering||B.E in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Information||Computer Science or Electronics Engineering|
|Information & Network Security|
|Power Electronics, Machines & Drives||B.E./B.Tech in Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Communication Engineering/Instrumentation & Control Engineering/Power Electronics||Electrical Engineering
|Electrical Power Systems|
|VLSI Design||B.E/B.Tech in Electronics and Communication/Electronics & Instrumentation||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|CAD/CAM||B.E./B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering/Production Engineering/Industrial Engineering or equivalent||Mechanical Engineering|
|Thermal Engineering||B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering/Automobile Engineering or equivalent||Mechanical Engineering|
Nirma University M.Tech Examination:
An online written examination will be conducted by the Nirma University through which Non-Gate applicants can admission in the M.Tech programmes. Tentatively, the written examination will be held in the second week of July 2019. The admit card will be released in the last week of June 2019. The admit card will be available on the official website of Nirma University. Admit card must be carried by the candidates otherwise they will not be allowed inside the hall.
There will be 60 for questions of multiple choice types and the duration of paper will be one hour. For each correct answer, one mark will be awarded. There will be negative marking. One mark will be deducted for wrong attempts.
Results will be declared in the last week of July 2019 by the University on the website. An interview will be conducted for the M.Tech (Research) programmes. Selected candidates will be informed by registered e-mail/mobile number/post.
Nirma University M.Tech 2019 Counselling:
Nirma University will organize counseling for GATE and NON-GATE candidates separately. All the Non-Gate aspirants will be informed about the counseling dates on the day of written examination. According to the authorities, University will schedule the counseling in the first week of July 2019. All the shortlisted candidates shall present the required documents during counseling. List of documents to submit while counseling is given below:
- School Leaving Certificate
- 10th, 12th and Graduation Mark-sheets and Certificates
- Gate Score Card
- Certificate of experience
- Certificate from the previous or current organization including experience certificate and pay-slip
Note: Candidates shall be present physically in the counseling round.