Institute of Technology, Nirma University, was started in 1995 by Nirma Education and Research Foundation (NERF). It was the first self-financed engineering college in Gujarat. Within 18 years of inception, Institute of Technology became a leading hub of education, offering multidisciplinary undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. programmes in engineering. The Institute is located in Ahmedabad.
Nirma University Eligibility Criteria:
(35% All India Seats and 15% NRI Seats)
- Candidates should have appeared in the JEE (Main) 2019 (for All India Seats and 15% NRI Seats)
- The aspiring candidates should have passed Std. 12 (Science Stream) with minimum 45% in three subjects having Maths and Physics as the compulsory subjects and Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational Subjects prescribed by respective boards as one of the optional subjects from a single board.
Nirma University Seats: –
|Programme||ACPC seats(50%)||All India(35%)||NRI/ NRI sponsored(15%)||Total|
|Computer Science Engineering||120||84||36||240|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||60||42||18||120|
|Instrumentation and control Engineering||30||21||09||60|
The seat distribution is in the following manner: –
- 50% Seats (ACPC, GoG): – 50% seat of the total intake will be filled in by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC, GoG). These seats shall be filled in by the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from the schools located in the State of Gujarat including Diu, Daman, and Dadra Nagar Haveli. These seats shall be filled as per the guidelines of ACPC. The candidate has to apply to ACPC, GoG, separately. (Website: jacdclpce.ac,in)
- 35% All India Seats: –
35% (All India) seat of the total seats will be filled-in by Institute of Technology, Nirma University.
These seats shall be filled from the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from the schools located in India (including Gujarat State) and have appeared for JEE (Main) 2018 examination. Merit list for these seats shall be based on All India Rank of JEE (Main) 2018 examination.
15% NRI / NRI sponsored Seats: –
15% NRI seats will be filled-in by Institute of Technology, Nirma University.
- NRI seats will be filled in by the Candidate who has passed the qualifying examination abroad and is exempted from appearing in JEE (Main)-2018 or candidate who has passed qualifying examination from the school located in India (having NRI status) have to appear in JEE (Main) 2018 examination. Merit list for these seats shall be based on the qualifying examination. First preference will be given to NRI candidates in admission. After existing NRI candidates merit list, if seats remain vacant, the same will be filled-up by NRI Sponsored candidates.
- NRI sponsored seats will be filled by the candidates who have passed the Qualifying Examination from the schools located in India (including Gujarat State). Merit list for these seats shall be based on the All India Rank of JEE (Main) 2018.
Nirma University Registration and Application form:
The application form of the Nirma University will be tentatively released in the second week of April. Candidates have to fill in the required details and submit on or before the last date specified.
Steps to fill the admission form: –
The candidates have to register with their email id on the college site. The password will be sent to the specified email address.
The candidates have to log in with the email and reset the password. After that, the candidates will select the programme, institute and the category they fall int0.
Step-3 Filing up details and uploading of documents:
In this step, candidates have to fill the required details like personal, academic and communication. They also have to upload their documents, signature and scanned copy of JEE Mains admit card.
Documents Required: –
|1.||Recent Passport Size Colour Photograph||Under 200 kb|
|2.||Scanned Signatures||Under 200 kb|
|3.||Scanned copy of JEE Main 2019 Admit Card||–|
Step- 4 Application form fee:
Candidates will have to pay the required fees in order to complete the application process.
|S.No.||Category||Amount of fee|
|1.||Candidates who have passed their class XII or equivalent exam from Gujarat/ Union Territories including Daman & Diu or Dadar & Nagar Haveli||Rs. 413 (Rs. 350 + 18% GST [non-refundable])|
|2.||Candidates who have appeared in class XII or equivalent exam from a school located outside Gujarat / India.||Rs. 1416 (Rs. 1200 + 18% GST [non-refundable])|
The payment can be done through Credit/Debit Card or net banking.
Step-6 Printing the application form:
All the candidates must get the print out of the application form after completing the whole process.
Nirma University Exam Dates:
|1||Online application form availability||Second week of April 2019|
|2||Last date of submitting an online application||the Second week of June 2019|
|3||Provisional merit list declaration||First week of June 2019|
|4||Last date for the change in branch preference||Second week of June 2019|
|5||Online allotment of Admission – Round 1||Second week of June 2019|
|6||Online allotment of Admission – Round 2||Third week of June 2019|
|7||Online allotment of Admission – Round 3||Fourth week of June 2019|
|8||Online allotment of Admission – Round 4||First week of July 2019|
|9||Online allotment of Admission – Round 5||Second week of July 2019|
|10||Reporting date for online allotment of admission||Second week of July 2019|
|11||Last date for cancellation of admission||Second week of July 2019|
|12||In-person Counselling Round (if required)||Third week of July 2019|
|13||Counselling for vacant seats (if any)||As per ACPC Guidelines|
Nirma University Cut-off:
|ITNU Merit||JEE (Main) All India Rank|
|Instrumentation and Control Engineering||3000||90222|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||1712||54955|
Previous Years Cut-off:
|JEE (Main) 2016 All India Rank||JEE (Main) 2015 All India Rank|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||60149||86304|
Nirma University Counselling:
The authorities will conduct the counselling round on the basis of the availability of the seats in the programmes applied by the students. The counselling takes place in the following steps: –
Step 1- Filling of Choices
Step 2- Editing and Locking of Choices
Step 3- Seat Allotment
Step 4- Payment of Fees
Step 5- Reporting and verification of documents at Nirma University
Candidates will be required to carry the following original documents along with two sets of photocopies of the same.
- SSC (Std. 10th) Exam Mark Sheet
- HSC (Std. 12th) Exam Mark Sheet
- JEE Main Admit Card 2019
- JEE Main Score Card/ Rank Card 2019
- Equivalence Certificate (In case, Letter Grades / Performance Index or Graded Point Average awarded in qualifying examination)
- Nirma University B.Tech Application Form 2019
- School Leaving Certificate / Transfer Certificate
- Two passport size color recent photographs.