NEHU or the North Eastern Hill University is a central university with two campuses – one in Shillong and the other in Tura, Meghalaya. It is a well-known university not only in India but also around the world, securing a rank of 1821 internationally and 11 nationally. The NEHU 2019 examination will be conducted for candidates willing to take admission in undergraduate, postgraduate, M.Phil and Ph.D. programmes in the university.
NEHU 2019 Registration:
Candidates willing to appear for the NEHU 2019 examination will have to register themselves through the official website – https://www.nehu.ac.in.
To register, candidates will have to provide their name, date of birth, sex and email id. On successful registration, candidates will receive an email containing an id and password using which they will have to log in and start filling out the form.
NEHU 2019 Application Form Details:
After registration is completed, candidates will have to start filling up the application form online. Candidates will have to fill in personal details, educational details, and other necessary details.
The application fee for general category candidates and UR candidates is Rs. 600 and for SC and ST candidates is Rs. 300.
Payment of application fee can be done online through debit/credit card or net banking through SBI and HDFC Bank. A hard copy of the filled out application form should reach the respective department a candidate is willing to apply for or is applying for.
NEHU 2019 Rules and Regulations:
Candidates willing to appear for the NEHU 2019 examination need to keep in mind the following rules and regulations
- All information produced in the application form must duly be supported with adequate documents.
- Students will not be eligible to register for two separate courses simultaneously.
- Applications which are incomplete, don’t have to support relevant documents or do not have the fees paid will be canceled.
- Reservation of seats in undergraduate – 30% for open category, 50% for SC/ST category, 3% for physically challenged candidates, 10% for the wards and spouses of NEHU employees, 7% university quota for backward domicile of Meghalaya.
- Reservation of seats in postgraduate – 50% for SC/ST and remaining 50% for open category candidates.
- Admission to Kashmiri Migrants, children of Indian parents working in Gulf-countries and Foreign students are given through supernumerary seats through Central Committee for Admission of Foreign Students.
- Detailed notifications regarding admissions to undergraduate, postgraduate, M.Phil and Ph.D. programmes are uploaded on the official website from time to time. It is suggested that students remain well informed regarding the same.
NEHU 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to appear for the NEHU 2019 examination must meet the eligibility criteria of the various different years of the programme as is given below –
- Undergraduate (BA, B.Sc, B.Ed, BA LLB (Hons.), B.Tech, B.Arch
For BA and B.Sc courses, candidates need to have a 10+2 pass in any discipline from a board of repute as well as the scores secured in the written exam. For B.Ed courses, candidate needs to have have a 10+2 from any reputable board. For BA LLB (Hons), candidates need to have a minimum of 50% in their 10+2 (45% for SC/ST candidates) in any stream as well as scores obtained by the respective department. For B.Tech, candidates need to have a minimum score of 45% (40% for SC/ST candidates) in 10+2 science stream from a school of repute with PCB/PCM as subjects and JEE Main scores. For B.Arch, candidates need to have 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates) in 10+2 science stream from a board of repute with Biology as a subject along with PCM and valid NATA scores.
- Postgraduate (MA, M.Sc, MCA, M.Com, MBA, M.Ed, LLM, MTTM, M.Tech)
For postgraduate courses, candidates need to have secured a minimum of 50% (5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates) in their undergraduate course in the particular subject course they wish to apply in masters for. For M.Ed, a minimum of 60% in B.Ed will be necessary. For M.Tech courses, a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates) in BE/B. Tech degree is eligible. For LLM, a minimum of 50% in LLB is considered eligible along with GD and PI performance. For MCA, candidates with a BCA, B.Sc (CS/IT), or any equivalent degree with a minimum score of 50% (5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates) as well as having mathematics as an individual subject in 10+2 are considered eligible along with performance in GD and PI. Admission is given based on merit obtained in the qualifying examination. For M.Tech, valid GATE scores and for non-GATE candidates marks obtained in the entrance test is considered for admissions. MBA and MTTM are given admission to candidates with MAT scores and performance in GD and PI.
- Phil and PhD
Candidates willing to take admission in their M.Phil and PhD programmes must have a Masters degree in the particular subject they wish to specialize on with a minimum score of 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) in the subject along with performance in entrance test and Personal Interview (PI) in order to be eligible for admission.
NEHU 2019 Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to appear for the NEHU 2019 exam need to keep in mind the important dates with regards to form fill-up and date of examination, etc. The test dates for NEHU 2019 undergraduate, postgraduate, M.Phil and Ph.D. haven’t been released as of yet. Keeping a track on the official page will help as they will notify regarding the same. According to past exam dates, the tests for the various courses should be around July-August 2019.
NEHU 2019 Exam Pattern:
There is no fixed exam pattern as such for the NEHU examination. The examination syllabus and pattern is usually fixed according to the subject and course the candidate has applied for and the information regarding the same is released by the official website prior to the admission process.
NEHU 2019 Syllabus:
The NEHU examination syllabus will be according to the subject and level of study the candidate has applied for. Undergraduate studies will cover study matter from class 11 and 12. Postgraduate study matter will cover subject matter in graduation level and M.Phil and Ph.D. will cover specific topics and subject the candidate has applied for and subject knowledge as well.
NEHU 2019 Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to appear for the NEHU 2019 examination must keep the following preparation tips in mind
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks and NCERT books. For a higher level of study, candidates can look into specific subject course material and graduate level study material.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep, as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.
P.S. – Candidates willing to obtain further details about the admissions process and other information can contact the following address or phone numbers of the university –
North Eastern Hill University,
Umshing Mawkynroh, Shillong – 793022 Meghalaya, India.
Phone Number – (0364) 2721211/2551812
Website – www.nehu.ac.in