NEET 2018: Application Form | Exam Dates | Exam Pattern | Syllabus | Qualification Codes
NEET 2018 is the national level examination for admission to MBBS & BDS courses. CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is the conducting authority which organizes the NEET examination every year in various cities across the country. NEET exam is a gateway for admissions into medical & dental UG courses offered by various government and private medical colleges of the country. From the year 2016 onwards, AIPMT exam has been replaced by NEET examination. All medical institutions consider NEET score for providing admission in MBBS/BDS courses. Through this article, students can get details about NEET 2018 exam including the application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, qualification codes etc.
NEET 2018 Exam Dates
Students can check here the tentative dates of NEET 2018 entrance exam:
|Application form release||Last week of December 2017|
|Last date for filling the application||4th week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit the application fee||Last week of January 2018|
|The release of admit card||1st week of April 2018|
|Exam date||1st week of May 2018|
|Result in announcement||1st week of June 2018|
|Counseling starts||After result declaration|
NEET Application Form 2018
The detailed application procedure is mentioned below:
- Students can avail the NEET 2018 Application Form via online mode only.
- Visit the official website of NEET.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal, contact, domicile, qualification, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and index finger impression in the prescribed format.
- Make the fee payment using online and offline mode.
- After the fee payment, take a printout of the confirmation page of the application form and keep it safe for further use.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1400/- (for UR & OBC) and Rs. 750/- (for SC/ST & PH).
- The fee payment can be made via online mode (debit or credit card).
- Payment can also be done through the e-challan of Syndicate, SBI, ICICI Bank or HDFC bank.
Students should check the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing NEET exam is given below:
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen. OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- J&K/AP/Telangana: Such candidates are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) on the basis of self-declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Indian National candidates must have an Aadhaar Number to apply for NEET exam.
- Minimum Age: The minimum age limit is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age: The maximum age limit is 25 years (for General and OBC candidates) and 30 years (for other categories).
- Examination: Candidates should have qualified the 12th or equivalent exam.
- Subjects: Subjects Should be Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
- 10+2 appearing students are also eligible to apply.
- Marks Required: In the qualifying exam (PCB group), students should have obtained at least 50% marks for general, 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC.
NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for NEET 2018 examination is mentioned below:
- No. of Question: Total 180 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Exam Mode: Exam will be conducted through offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) subjects.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Language: Question paper will be asked in 8 languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 Mark).
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
The syllabus will be based on a common syllabus prescribed by the MCI (Medical Council of India). The syllabus will have topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects. It will be prescribed after the review of various state syllabus as well as CBSE, NCERT & COBSE. The syllabus will be based on the 11th & 12th class standard.
NEET Preparation Tips
- Firstly, gather all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Make a proper time-table for your preparations.
- Consider the good preparation books and study materials.
- Practice mock test & previous year question papers.
- Stay stress-free & healthy while preparing for exams.
- Don’t try to include new topics at the end of preparations.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
Question: How can I apply for NEET 2018 examination?
Answer: You can apply through online mode only.
Question: When will the NEET Application Form 2018 be released?
Answer: The application will be released in the last week of December 2017.
Question: Can OCI candidates apply for an exam?
Answer: Yes, they can also apply.
Question: What is the minimum age limit to apply?
Answer: The minimum age limit is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
Question: NEET exam will be conducted in one phase or two phases?
Answer: It will be conducted in one phase only.
Question: How many marks should I score in the qualifying examination to apply?
Answer: You have to score minimum 50% marks for general, 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC in PCB subject group.
Question: Can NIOS students apply for an exam?
Answer: Yes, NIOS candidates can also apply.
Question: Through which mode the exam will be conducted?
Answer: The exam will be organized through pen and paper-based mode.
Question: What will be the syllabus for NEET?
Answer: NEET syllabus will comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. You can check the syllabus from the Syllabus section given above.
Question: I am appearing in the 12th examination. Can I apply?
Answer: Yes, appearing students are also eligible to apply.
NEET Admit Card 2018
Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the NEET Admit Card. The admit card will be released in the 1st week of April 2018. The authority shall not provide the admit card by post. The NEET hall ticket will contain details like Candidate Name, Father Name, Category, Photograph, Roll Number, Exam Date & Timing, Exam center, etc. Candidates are advised to preserve the admit card till the admission process gets over.
NEET Answer Key
The answer key will be released within a week of examination. NEET Answer Key will be published via online mode through the website. Candidates may have an opportunity for an online challenge against the answer key. Candidates have to pay Rs. 1000/- per answer challenged. The payment will be refunded in case of the challenge is accepted by the Board.
The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website. Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use. A merit list will be prepared for admission as per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI, and DCI.
The cut-off is the minimum marks candidates are needed to qualify the examination. It will be based on a number of students appeared in the exam, difficulty level and availability of seats. It will be released in the month of June 2017. The minimum qualifying marks should be 50% for general, 45% for General-PH and 40% marks for reserved categories.
NEET Counselling 2018
Students will be able to participate in the counseling process according to their rank. Counseling for 15% All India Quota will be organized by MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) through online mode. Counseling for other than 15% All India Quota will be managed by the respective authorities.
During the counseling process, candidates have to pay the counseling fee and choose their preference for colleges. Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of filled choices, rank and availability of seats in colleges. After seat allotment, candidates will be needed to appear at the allotted college to complete admission formalities.
If you have any other queries about NEET 2018, you may leave your queries below.