WHAT IS NATA?
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is a national level examination conducted by the Council of Architecture (COA) to select candidates for undergraduate programmes of Architecture. This exam is conducted both online and offline and it checks the student’s observation skills, thinking ability, drawing, and a sense of proportion. The aspiring candidates are given admission to 5-year Bachelor of Architecture’s Programme (B.Arch) on the basis of NATA score.
The exam is conducted every year in the month of April every year. NATA is conducted across 135 cities in India and also in Dubai. The exam consists of two parts, Part A and Part B. Part A is online and consists of Mathematics and General Aptitude. Part B is offline and consists of Drawing questions. The result is declared online. The results are declared in the month of June every year. The candidates can access their results by logging in to their account using their credentials.
Counseling For NATA 2019
It is important here to note that there will be no separate counseling session held for NATA 2019. The candidates have to apply individually to the participating college or university of their choice on the basis of their NATA score.
The NATA score is used by various government-aided/ self-financed colleges and universities of India. The aspirants who want to pursue Architecture and become an Architect in future should pass NATA or AIEEE B.Arch (All India Engineering Entrance Examination for Bachelor in Architectures) exam.
Participating Institutes in NATA 2019
Following are the colleges and universities that offer admission to aspirants on the basis of NATA score:
- KIIT, Bhubaneswar
- ITM University, Gwalior
- Department of Architecture, IIT Roorkee
- Chandigarh College of Architecture
- Bharath University, Chennai
- R V School of Architecture, Bangalore
- Ansal University, Gurgaon
- SRM University, Chennai
- Department of Architecture, NIT Calicut
- Department of Architecture, NIT Tiruchirapalli
- Department of Architecture, BIT, Mersa
- CEPT University, Ahmedabad
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
- Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Gurgaon
- BS Abdur Rehman University, Chennai
- AU College of Engineering, Vishakhapatnam
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
NATA 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for NATA 2019 will be released online. Candidates must make sure that they download the admit card by logging in to their account. Without the admit card, candidates will not be allowed to appear for the examination. The admit card bears information such as Candidate’s Name, Roll Number, Exam date and venue along with their photograph.
Candidates need to carry the admit card along with the Government issued ID like Aadhar card, PAN Card, Voter ID, Driving License or Passport on the day of the exam.
NATA 2019 Registration:
Students who are familiar with the NATA exam can start the online registration process. They can fill the application form downloaded from the website.
The steps for registration are as follows:
1. NEW USERS CREATE ACCOUNT
- Go to the official website nata.in and create a new account. By creating the account one can save their details so that they are never lost. Candidates can then login anytime using their username and password and resume the process.
- Click on a New user and fill out the details such as full name, date of birth, E-mail address, mobile number, and password. Submit the details.
- Candidates will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number to verify the number. A verification link will also be sent to their registered E-mail ID. This is important for further correspondence and security, in case one forgets the password.
2. LOGIN AND FILL THE APPLICATION FORM
- Now students will be required to sign in to their new account by using their credentials.
- Select the choices for Test Centre and examination date.
- Complete the personal details such as Candidate’s name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Date of Birth, Address for communication, Gender, Nationality, Email ID, Mobile number.
- Enter the qualification details, 10+2 percentage of marks and passing year.
- Upload the photo ID details issued by the government. This will be reproduced at the center.
3. Upload PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE
- In the next action, candidates must upload their scanned photograph (40 to 100 kb) and signature (10 to 40 kb).
4. Make PAYMENT
- Make the payment in the last step. The registration process will be completed only after this last action.
- The application fee is Rs. 1800 for General Candidates and Rs. 1500 for SC/ST candidates.
- Dubai candidates have to pay Rs. 9800 for the application fee.
- Payment can be made online using a credit card, debit card or internet banking, or at State Bank of India Branch.
5. PRINT THE FORM
- Print the Registration form and carry it along with your ID on the day of the exam and admit card.
NATA 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The aspiring candidates should check out the eligibility criteria before applying for NATA 2019. Without fulfilling any of these criteria, he or she will not be admitted to any of the campuses, irrespective of their score.
The eligibility criteria contain information about the educational qualification, minimum qualifying marks (aggregate and individual subjects), and passing year.
Check out the details below for learning about the eligibility criteria:
The candidate must have passed the 12th class examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject from a recognized board. The candidate can also have a 10+3 Diploma from any stream with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
Minimum 50% marks in 10+2 or 10+3 Diploma. Candidates who have passed International Baccalaureate Diploma are also eligible for NATA 2019, with 50% minimum aggregate marks. They should have 10 years of schooling experience with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
There is no age limit specified to appear for NATA 2019.
There is no provision for lateral admission.
NATA 2019 Exam Dates:
The aspiring candidates must check out the important dates for NATA 2019 so that they can start their preparation in time. The official schedule for NATA 2019 has not been announced yet. But we will give you tentative dates based on previous year schedule. It is important so that no one remains behind the schedule. Candidates should stay tuned to our website to receive the latest information on NATA 2019 official schedule.
This article gives important dates of start of registration, end of registration, slot booking, the release of admit card, online and offline NATA exam date, result declaration, and counseling, all tentative.
|Registration Starts||3rd week of January 2019|
|Registration Ends||1st week of March 2019|
|The release of Admit Card||1st week of April 2019|
|Examination date||Last week of April 2019|
|Result Declaration||1st week of June 2019|
NATA 2019 Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
The candidates can check out the NATA 2019 pattern and syllabus in this article. Note down the various information such as the mode of examination, duration of examination, language of examination, number of questions, total marks, section-wise marks, number of sections and marking scheme.
In order to perform well on the exam, check out each and every detail and prepare accordingly.
Exam Pattern for NATA 2019
Check out the table below for NATA 2019 exam format:
|Mode of Exam||Part A- Aptitude and Mathematics (Online), Part B- Drawing (Offline)|
|Duration||Part A- 90 minutes, Part B- 90 minutes (Total 180 minutes)|
|Number of Questions||Mathematics- 20, General Aptitude- 40, Drawing- 2 (on A4 size paper), Total 62 questions|
|Type of Questions||Objective or MCQ|
|Marking Scheme||2 marks for correct answer and no negative marking|
NATA 2019 SYLLABUS
- Mathematics: Matrices and Determinants, Coordinate Geometry, Algebra, Calculus, Trigonometry, Permutation and Combination, Probability and Statistics and Logarithm
- General Aptitude: Reasoning and Set theory
NATA 2019 Preparation Tips:
- First of all collect all the information about NATA 2019 like eligibility to appear for the examination, exam format, syllabus and exam dates.
- Start by making a proper timetable. Since every subject carries equal marks, try to allow equal time to every subject.
- Go over the entire syllabus and note down all the topics. Collect the books and all reference material needed for preparation.
- After covering the entire syllabus once, make a new timetable and allow equal time for revision of all the subjects. Revision should be done in a smart way and keep separate notes of important concepts.
- After some practice revision will get easier and faster. Now collect all the previous year question papers and start solving them daily.
- Solve at least two previous year question papers of NATA every day. Solve these papers like you would solve the actual exam; within the given time frame. Through this practice, candidates will get an idea of how much time should be given to a particular type of question.
- Keep the time limit in mind and don’t get stuck on a particular question. Skip the questions you find more time-consuming and return to those questions once you are done with the rest of the paper. This is the correct method of attempting the question paper to complete it on time and score good marks.
- Finally, solve some fresh mock test papers and do the last revision.
- Do not study anything one day before the exam. Relax your mind, have proper rest and meal.