Manipal University conducts MU OET every year for the M. Tech courses. It is a university level examination which is conducted by the Manipal University for providing admissions in its various courses offered by the Manipal Institute of Technology and Manipal School of Information Sciences (M.E programmes). Admission is granted on the basis of the performance in the admission test. GATE qualified candidates can also apply for the MU OET exam.
MU OET PG 2019 Application form and Registration:
- First of all, the candidates need to register for the exam by opening the online portal of the Manipal University and filling out the details like name, email id, mobile number and date of birth. The candidates also need to fill the course and the program they want to apply for.
- Then the candidates need to fill the registration form which contains details like address, phone number etc.
- Then the candidates need to fill in the educational qualifications like qualifying exam passed, year of passing the qualifying exam and so on.
- After entering the relevant details, the candidates need to upload the scanned copies of photographs and signature in the prescribed format.
- After this, the candidates need to pay the application fee of 600 along with the entrance fee of 1400, which can be done both online as well as offline modes.
- In case of DD, it will be made in favor of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education, payable at Manipal, Udupi.
MU OET PG 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- Applying candidate should have BE/B. Tech or AMIE or any equivalent degree.
- 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam are required in order to attend the counseling session.
- No minimum or maximum age limit for the applicants.
MU OET PG 2019 Exam Pattern:
- The exam will be held through the online mode.
- The duration will be for one and a half hour.
- The questions will be Multiple Choice Questions
- Total 60 questions would be asked in the exam.
- For each correct answer, 4 marks are awarded and one mark is deducted for each wrong answer.
- 50 questions will be asked from the respective discipline and 10 questions will be asked about engineering mathematics.
MU OET PG 2019 Syllabus:
The syllabus of MU OET 2018 was available for these nine engineering disciplines –
- Chemical Engineering(CH)
- Civil Engineering(CE)
- Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)
- Electrical Engineering(EE)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering(EC)
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering(IC)
- Mechanical Engineering(ME)
- Printing and Media Technology (PT)
The candidates have the option of picking any of the above nine disciplines. In addition, the MU OET PG syllabus has a section on Engineering Mathematics, which is compulsory for all papers.
MU OET PG 2019 Important Dates:
These are the tentative dates
|Start of Online application||October 17, 2018|
|Last date to submit application form||May 15, 2019|
|Online slot booking||a Fourth week of May 2019|
|Download of e-hall ticket starts||1 day after slot booking|
|MU OET PG 2018 exam||June 1 to 10, 2019|
|Publication of Result and Merit List||June 13, 2019|
|Counselling||June 22 to 24, 2019|
|Commencement of classes||Fourth week of July 2019 (M.Tech) and last week of July 2018 (ME)|
MU OET PG 2019 Slot Booking:
The slot booking for the MU OET will be open from the fourth week of May 2019. It will be open only for those candidates who have successfully completed their admission forms. To participate in the slot booking process, the candidate needs to login to the online portal using the application number and the password. During the MU OET PG slot booking 2018, the candidate had to select a test centre and test date (in fact candidates were allowed to select up to 2 test dates in a 10-day period). The available test slots for the chosen entries were displayed on the screen. The candidate had to book a date from the available options and confirm it to complete the process. Also, considering the slot booking of MU OET PG 2018 is done on a first come, first served basis, it was advisable to start the process early.
MU OET PG 2019 Admit Card:
After successfully executing the slot booking, the applicants will get their admit cards. Until last year, the applicants had to wait for 24 hours, after the slot booking process, to get their admit cards. Before downloading the MU OET PG admit card 2018, the candidate should to check that the information displayed on it, like name, is correct and were clearly identifiable. Other information displayed on the admit card of MU OET PG 2018 includes application number, test centre name and address, and test date. The candidate must keep the admit card safely as it was required even after the exam is over, to participate in events like counselling.
MU OET PG 2019 Exam Centres:
MU OET PG 2019 Cut-off:
The cut off for the MU OET PG will be decided on the basis of the difficulty level, the marks attained by the different applicants, the number of applications received and the number of seats available in that program, as well as the previous year, cut off trends. Applicants who score below the cut off will not be eligible for the counselling call.
MU OET PG 2019 Result and Merit List:
The result of MU OET would be declared by Manipal University on June 13, 2019. The MU OET PG 2019 result would include details like the score and rank obtained by the candidate in the entrance examination. To check the MU OET result 2019, candidates have to log in to the result portal using their application number. The merit list of MU OET PG 2019 is prepared based in on the result.
The merit list of MU OET 2019 will be available on June 13. The MU OET PG 2019 merit list would be prepared based on the marks obtained by candidates in the online entrance examination. In case of GATE qualified candidates, 10% additional marks will be awarded apart from the marks they score in the entrance examination. To avail of the bonus marks, however, candidates need to submit a photocopy of their GATE score card at the time of filling the application form. Shortlisting of candidates for MU OET PG counselling would be done based on the merit list.
MU OET PG 2019 Counselling:
To participate in the counselling, candidates have to select their counselling venue at the time of slot booking of the exam. The Manipal University admission procedure will be organized through offline mode at the prescribed venues.
Candidates will be allotted the seats on the basis of ranks secured by the candidates in the MU OET 2019 exam. Candidates have to bring the required original documents for the verification.
Documents required at the time of counselling:
- 10th & 12th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificates
- MU OET Admit Card 2019
- MU OET Rank Card 2019
- Character certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
MU OET PG 2019 Preparation Tips:
- First of all, make a proper study schedule and allot the time as per the difficulty level of the subject.
- Always prepare according to the prescribed syllabus by the authority.
- Practice with multiple test series, practice papers, previous year question papers and text books.
- Must prepare according to the exam test pattern and marking scheme.
- Make yourself fit and healthy.
MU OET Rules and Regulations:
- Students have to take their admit cards positively to the examination hall
- Students should reach the examination centre at least an hour before the examination starts.
- Students should not carry any electronic materials such as mobile phones, programmable watches and smart watches, PDA, calculators, earphones etc.
- Students should not carry any material that is related to the exam, including no writing anything on hands.
- Students can carry only their stationery, including a blue or black ball point pen for filling the OMR sheet.
- Students are also required to carry any of their photo identity cards issued by the government of India.