MP Pet 2019 (Madhya Pradesh Pre Engineering Test) will be one of the most prestigious state level entrance examinations hosted by the Professional Exam Board (PEB) and the VYAPAM Board for providing admissions to engineering colleges in Madhya Pradesh. Vyapam had first conducted the MP-PET in 1981. The pre-engineering test is hosted by the state Government for candidates willing to study B.Pharm, B.E, B.Sc, and B.Tech in the undergraduate level.
MP PET 2019 Registration:
The MP PET 2019 registration will begin from around January 2019 (tentative date). Registration will be done through the official website – www.vyapam.nic.in or www.mponline.gov.in.
The registration fee is Rs. 500 for general category candidates and Rs. 250 for reserved category candidates. Payment of fees can be done through online (credit/debit card) and offline (demand draft/e-challan) mode.
MP Pet 2019 Application Form Details:
The MP Pet application form will be available on the official website from 3rd week of March 2019 (tentatively). The last date to fill the application form is the 1st week of April 2019.
The MP Pet application form details are given below :
- Documents necessary for filling-up of the application form are – a recent passport size photograph and signature of the candidate, other important documents such as 10+2 mark sheets, birth certificate, and category certificate (for OBC/SC/ST candidates – if applicable).
- Domicile certificate if the candidate is a native of Madhya Pradesh.
- Scorecard of JEE Main 2019 (mandatory to be produced during admissions).
- After filling up of the form, during submissions, the candidate has to pay the application fee. The fee is Rs. 500 for general category candidates (both male and female candidates) and Rs. 250 for reserved category candidates (both male and female).
- Changes in the application form (if any) can be made till 2nd week of April 2019.
MP PET 2019 Rules and Regulations:
Certain rules and regulations which are to be followed for candidates applying for the MP Pet 2019 examination are :
- The MP-Pet 2019 examination fee once paid will not be refunded.
- Applicants will be expected to carry they admit card when entering the examination hall. If any candidate forgets to carry his or her admit card then they will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
- A minimum score of 50% is required to clear the MP-Pet 2019 examination.
- After submission of MP-Pet 2019 examination form, no changes to the application form can be made.
- A candidate should not be more than 21 years of age (a 3-year concession is made for SC/ST students) as of 1st October 2019.
- There are a total of 159 institutes which follow and accept the MP-Pet scores.
- An additional charge of Rs. 50 will be needed if candidates pay the application fee online.
MP PET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to apply for the MP-Pet 2019 examination need to meet the following eligibility criteria :
- Candidates willing to apply for the MP-Pet 2019 examination must have completed their 12th board exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their main subjects under the Madhya Pradesh Board.
- Candidates from Higher Secondary Board having Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects will also be eligible to sit for the exam.
- Candidates who have passed their 11th and 12th with science through a well-recognized university or board are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are currently studying to get a diploma in engineering from the Madhya Pradesh Board of Technical Education in Bhopal are also eligible to apply.
- Students from Rajiv Gandhi Technical University in Bhopal are also eligible to apply.
- Candidate should be a citizen of India and should fulfill the domicile status requirement as put forth by the exam governing body.
- Minimum age should be 21 years and 24 years for SC/ST candidates.
- Only candidates who have cleared JEE MAINS 2019 can apply for the MP-Pet 2019.
- Applicants whose parents are working in the MP Government or are retired employees of the state government are eligible to apply.
- Admission is given to students based on both JEE Mains 2019 and MP-Pet 2019.
MP PET 2019 Exam Dates:
Certain important dates which are to be kept in mind with reference to candidates who are willing to appear for the MP Pet examination are as follows :
(P.S. – Please keep in mind that these are tentative dates, subject to change)
- MP Pet 2019 Official Notification date is released from January 2019.
- The MP Pet 2019 application form is released from the second week of January 2019.
- The last date for the MP Pet 2019 application form submission is the third week of February 2019.
- The MP Pet 2019 exam dates will be in the third week of April 2019.
- The MP Pet 2019 results will be declared in the last week of May 2019.
- Counseling for shortlisted candidates will start from June 2019.
MP PET 2019 Exam Pattern:
The pattern for the MP Pet 2019 examination is as follows :
(P.S. – This is a tentative exam pattern subject to change)
- The examination is a pen and paper and is offline.
- Applicants will have 3 hours to complete the question paper.
- The examination will be conducted in English and Hindi (tentatively) only.
- The questions will all be MCQ and objective in nature. There will be options given from which the candidate will have to select the correct option.
- The marking scheme will be +4 for each correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking for any wrong answer.
- Questions will from the intermediate level of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. There will be 100 questions from Mathematics, 50 questions from Physics and 50 questions from Chemistry. There will be a total of 200 questions.
- The total marks for this examination are 400.
MP PET 2019 Syllabus:
The candidates willing to apply for the MP Pet 2019 examination need to follow the following syllabus :
The syllabus will consist of the 12 standard study material of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology/Zoology.
- Sets and Relations
- Complex Numbers
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutation and Combination – Calculus
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Two and Three Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics – Probability
- Units and Measurements
- Description of Motion in One, Two, Three Dimension
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Rotational Motion
- Gravitation and Gravity
- Properties of Matter
- Oscillations and Waves
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Thermal and Chemical and Magnetic Effects of Currents
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Ray and Wave Optics
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Solids and Semi-Conductor Devices
- Atoms and Molecules
- States of Matter and their Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- Solid State and Solutions
- Chemical Equilibrium and Thermodynamics
- Transference of Heat
- Chemistry of Hydrocarbons
- Organic Chemistry
- Magnetic Effects of Currents
- Organic Chemistry Isomerism and Structure and Shapes of Alkanes, Alkenes, and Alkynes
- Chemistry of Non-Metals
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Surface Chemistry and Chemistry in Action
- Structural Cell Organisation
- Five Kingdom Classification and Nomenclature
- Functions of Cell Organelles
- Tissue Structure
- Prokaryote and Eukaryote
- Enzymes and Growth Hormones
- Developmental Biology
- Evolution of Zoology
MP PET 2019 Preparation Tips:
For candidates applying for the MP Pet 2019 examination, there are certain preparation tips which every candidate should follow. They are as follows :
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Since there is no negative marking from wrong answers there isn’t much to worry about but try being correct with all the answers you attempt.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.
How to crack the MP PET 2019 examination?
For candidates willing to crack the MP Pet examination and willing to assure themselves of a seat in any one of the 159 institutes which accept the MP Pet scores, following the above-mentioned preparation tips are of utmost importance.
Reading good guide books and solving sample test paper from these books also help one assure themselves of a seat at one of the premier institutes accepting the MP Pet 2019.