If you are looking for a platform to pursue M. Tech, Kerala University is a commendable platform for you. The admissions in Kerala University are administered by Directorate of Technical Education i.e., D.T.E, Kerala. 50% of admissions in the university take place on the basis of GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering). And the remaining 50% seats are filled with direct admissions, on the basis of your graduation percentage.
Ones the counseling, on the basis of GATE are completed, online forms for spot admissions are released. You can find the application forms on the official website of D.T.E http://admissions.dtekerala.gov.in/, for admission through GATE score as well as for spot admission.
In the following sections, you will find all the information related to the admissions in Kerala University in M. Tech programme so that you don’t miss any deadlines and apply for admissions, right on time.
Kerala M.Tech 2019 Registration Process:
How to register? Don’t worry, here is all the information you are going to need to apply at Kerala University. Follow the steps mentioned in the following section.
STEP 1 – Visit the official website of D.T.E i.e., http://www.dtekerala.gov.in or you can visit www.cet.ac.in.
STEP 2 – Fill the online application form. The different entries in the application are to be filled with extreme care after reading all the instructions carefully, as this information is used for preparing the rank list.
STEP 3 – Submit the online application form after reviewing the details you entered, carefully.
Candidates going for online application must read the instructions very carefully. They are supposed to keep a hard copy of the application form for future use.
STEP 4 – Make payment: payment is done offline. After submitting the application form successfully, the application fee is supposed to be remitted in any specified branch of the State Bank of India.
Registration Fee Details:
|Category||Registration fee (in rupees)|
STEP 5 – A printout of the filled up application should be taken and sent with self-attested copies of the following documents, to the Principal, College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram-695 016.
Kerala M.Tech 2019 Application Form Details:
Candidates are required to fill in the following details in the application form:
- Candidate’s name.
- Father’s name.
- Application number.
- Contact number.
- Email Id, etc.
Candidates are advised to give the contact details, they actively use, to not miss out on any updates or any other relevant information.
Kerala M.Tech 2019 Rules and Regulations:
The norms mentioned below are as per the guidelines mentioned on the official website of D.T.E.
- Candidates will have to register their options while submitting the application.
- The selection of Candidates will be supervised by the selection committee consisting of the Director of Technical Education (Chairman), the Senior Joint Director (ECS) and the Principal. The Principal, College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram will be the coordinator and venue of admission work is College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Selection of candidates will be based on the GATE score. In case of a tie, the advantage will be given to the candidates who secure the highest aggregate marks up to 6th semester in their qualifying examination (8th semester for B. Arch students).
- If sufficient GATE qualified candidates are not available, the selection will be made from Keralite candidates based on the aggregate marks up to 6th semester in their qualifying examination (8th semester for B. Arch students).
- The allotment list will be published on the websites, dtekerala.gov.in and www.cet.ac.in.
- Allotment letter can be downloaded from the website dtekerala.gov.in or www.cet.ac.in. Selected candidates have to remit the fee on or before the last date in any of the specified branches of State Bank of India. Otherwise, the admission will be canceled.
- Spot admission: A centralized spot admission will be conducted for the vacant seats if any, in the courses on a date fixed later. All students in the rank list are eligible to appear for spot admission. Candidates selected for admission through spot admission will have to join the respective institutions on the date specified by remitting the required fees at the respective Institution.
Kerala M.Tech 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Eligibility criteria mentioned below is as per the guidelines published by D.T.E Kerala.
- The candidates should have studied the Graduate course in an institution approved by the AICTE / Deemed Universities in India.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the Engineering Degree examination. For SC/ST candidates a pass in the Engineering Degree course is sufficient. For SEBC (OBC) students, a minimum of 54% aggregate marks in the Engineering Degree examination is mandatory.
- Candidates, who have passed AMIE / AMIETE Examinations and satisfying the following conditions, are eligible for admission.
- They must have a valid GATE score.
- A minimum of 55% marks for section B in AMIE/AMIETE examination.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final semester examination can also apply, provided he/she has passed all the subjects up to and including the 6th-semester exam (8th semester for B. Arch students). Confirmation of admission of such candidates shall be subject to the production of qualifying degree –before the date stipulated by the affiliated University.
- Admission shall normally be restricted to those with valid GATE score. However, this stipulation is relaxed in the case of Sponsored candidates.
- In case, seats remain vacant due to lack of candidates with valid GATE score, candidates from Kerala State without valid GATE score will be considered against such vacancies. If seats are still remaining vacant, candidates from other states will be considered for admission.
Kerala M.Tech 2019 Reservation Criteria:
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
(Disability up to 40% is considered)
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||5%|
|SC / ST||15%|
Kerala M.Tech 2019 Exam Dates:
The dates of various events like the release of the application form, last date of application and the schedule of examination are mentioned below. The dates are tentative and are liable to change.
|Commencement of online application.||The first week of June 2019.|
|Last date of application||Third week of June 2019.|
|Publication of rank list||the First week of July, 2019|
|Seat allotment (first round)||Second week of July, 2019|
|Seat allotment (second round)||Third week of July, 2019|
|Seat allotment (third round)||First week of August, 2019|
|Commencement of classes||First week of August, 2019|
Kerala M.Tech 2019 Exam Pattern:
As the admissions are taken on the basis of GATE, the pattern mentioned in this section is that of GATE examination.
- Mode of examination: Offline and online.
- Type of questions:
- Multiple choice questions.
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions.
- Medium of examination: English Medium.
- Marking scheme: 2 marks are awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative marking:. 1 mark is deducted from the total score for every wrong answer.
- Duration of examination: 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- Number of questions: 65.
- Maximum marks: 100.
- Sections: GATE 2019 question paper will consist of three sections:
- General Aptitude.
- Engineering Mathematics (for XL papers it is Chemistry).
- Subject – Specific section.
Kerala M.Tech 2019 Syllabus:
The syllabus for GATE is branch specific, but all the branches have one thing in common i.e., General Aptitude is common among all the branches. The different branches for which the examination is conducted, are:
- Aerospace Engineering.
- Architecture and Planning.
- Civil Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Ecology and Evolution.
- Geology and geophysics.
- Instrumental Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Mining Engineering.
- Metallurgical Engineering.
- Petroleum Engineering.
- Production and Industrial Engineering.
- Textile Engineering and Fiber Science.
- Engineering Mathematics.
- Fluid Mechanics.
- Materials Science.
- Solid Mechanics.
- Polymer Science and Engineering.
- Food Technology.
- Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences.
- Food Technology.
Kerala M.Tech 2019 Preparation Tips:
The two keys that will help you accomplish your goal are:
- Hard work.
- Smart work.
No doubt hard work is important, but working hard without a plan is no different than catching a train without any destination.
First things first, you need a plan. A plan helps you every step of the way and brings you close to your goal. It saves your time of going back and forth and lets you move only in one direction and that is forward.
STEP 1 – Note down your goals.
STEP 2 – Divide your goals into smaller tasks.
STEP 3 – Assign a deadline to every task.
STEP 4 – Make a plan to execute the tasks.
STEP 5 – Start the execution of the plan.
Always keep track of your tasks (how many of them have you completed successfully and how much remains).
A few things that will help you in getting a better score are:
- Take regular mock tests – it will help you finish the exam within the provided time.
- Practice as any questions as you can.
- Start early preparation.
- Focus on your weak as well as strong points, equally.
All the best for the examination, prepare well.