The KEAM or the Kerala Engineering Agriculture and Medical Entrance is an annual state-level examination which is conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE) – Kerala to provide admissions in undergraduate courses in engineering and pharmacy in various government and private colleges of the state. The exam is said to be conducted in 352 centers, including 14 districts of Kerala, Delhi, Mumbai, and Dubai.
KEAM 2019 Registration:
The KEAM 2019 registration process will begin from 1st February 2019 and end on the 28th February 2019.
The registration process is to be done online and through the official website – cee-kerala.org.
The candidate is to register on the official site using a valid email id and phone number. After registering, the login details are sent to the registered mobile number and email id. Using those credentials, the candidate is to log in to the site and start filling in the application.
Certain documents which are to be kept handy when registering and filling in the application form are :
- Scanned copies of recent passport size photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impressions (as per the given instructions on the site)
- Class 10 and 12 marks sheet
- Income certificate
- Category certificate
- Valid email id and phone number for registration.
KEAM 2019 Application Form Details:
After the registration is completed, the login details are sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number and email id. The candidate has to login to the site using the login credentials and starts filling up the application form. After the form is filled, upload the scanned images of the recent passport size photograph, signature, and thumb impression.
After all the documents have been uploaded, the application fee is to be paid.
The application fee for different courses and different category of candidates are as follows :
- Engineering only/B. Pharm only/both – Rs. 700 (general category candidate) and Rs. 300 (SC)
- Architecture/Medical and Allied/both – Rs. 500 (general category candidate) and Rs. 200 (SC)
- Both the above-mentioned courses – Rs. 900 (general category candidate) and Rs. 400 (SC)
Application fee can be paid online through debit/credit card or offline through demand draft. After filling up of the application form is done and fees are paid, the candidate has to take a printout of the form and complete the following steps before sending it to the concerned authorities :
- Attach a recent passport size photograph (3.5×4.5 cms – size) to the application form
- Get the form attested by the Head of an Institution or any Gazetted Officer
- Affix left-hand thumb impression in the given space
- Self-attested the form or get it signed by a legal guardian or parent
After completing all these steps, send the form along with supporting documents to :
The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,
5th floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar,
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala – 695001.
KEAM 2019 Rules and Regulations:
- The only things which will be permitted in the examination hall are – admit card, clipboard, ballpoint pen (black or blue ink only).
- All rough work (if any) is only to be done on the question booklet. Candidate cannot do any rough work on the OMR sheet or put random stray marks on the OMR sheet.
- At the time of admissions, the following documents have to be produced – admit card which had been issued by CEE, certificate proving date of birth (DOB), Original mark sheet proving academic eligibility, pass certificate (if already obtained), allotment letter which has been issued by the CEE, other documents which will be mentioned as mandatory during admission.
- No matter which course the candidate is applying for, after applying online, have to send a printout of the completed form along with necessary documents attached to the concerned authorities at CEE.
- A copy of the application form has to be retained for future references.
- Candidates except those belonging to the category of SC/ST/OEC have to submit an income certificate along with the application form to the avail income based concession of fee and or scholarship.
KEAM 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
A candidate who is applying for the KEAM 2019 examination must fulfill the following criteria :
- The candidate has to be an Indian citizen.
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card holders are also eligible to apply.
- Candidate should be minimum 17 years old as of December 31st There is no upper age limit.
- For the purpose of a smooth admission process, nativity of a candidate has to be one among three categories – Domicile (candidates belonging to Kerala, children of All India Services Officers under the cadre of Kerala fall in this category), Non-Keralite 1 (candidates residing in Kerala for at least 5 years in the time frame of the 12 year study period belong to this category, children of non-Keralite parents who have studied till class 12 – provided either parent is in the defense services or is a Central Government of India employee), Non-Keralite 2 ( Candidates not belonging to either of the two categories fall in this category. Candidates in this category will be eligible to get admission through management quota in self-financing colleges under the Government).
- Must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Must have obtained a minimum of 50% in PCM in the last qualifying examination. Minimum of 50% in Mathematics individually will also be needed.
- Students appearing for their HS are also eligible to apply, provided they pass their qualifying examination fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria in order to take admission through KEAM 2019.
KEAM 2019 Exam Dates:
Important dates which are to be kept in mind when applying for admission through KEAM 2019 are as follows :
(P.S. – These are tentative dates, subject to change.)
- Application forms will be available on the official website from 1st February 2019.
- The last date for applying will be on the 28th of February 2019.
- The last date for submitting a completed application form along with documents will be the 28th of February 2019.
- Admit card for the examination will be issued from 10th April 2019 onwards.
- KEAM 2019 exam date will be Paper I (Physics and Chemistry) 23rd April 2019 and Paper II (Mathematics) 24th April 2019.
- Results for KEAM 2019 will be released on the 22nd of May 2019.
KEAM 2019 Exam Pattern:
The KEAM 2019 exam pattern will be as follows:-
- The exam will be divided into two parts – Paper-I consisting of Physics and Chemistry and Paper-II consisting of Mathematics.
- It will be a 5-hour exam. Each paper will be for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- It will be a pen and paper based.
- The exam will consist of questions at the intermediate level.
- Questions will be an objective and multiple choice in nature.
- It will be a 480 marks paper.
- Marking scheme will be +4 for each correct answer and -1 for each wrong answer.
- There will be a total of 240 questions – 120 in each paper.
KEAM 2019 Syllabus:
The syllabus for the KEAM 2019 examination, subject wise is as follows :
- Basic concepts and atomic structure
- Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter
- Periodic Properties of Elements and Hydrogen
- S-Block Elements and Principles of Metallurgy
- P, D, F Block Elements
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Co-ordination compounds and Organometallics
- Basic Principles, Purification, Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Organic Reaction Mechanism
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Halogens, Oxygen, and Nitrogen
- Polymers and Biomolecules
- Environmental Chemistry and Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Introduction and Measurement
- Description of Motion in One Dimension
- Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimension
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- The Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body Rotation
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetics Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atomic Nucleus
- Solids and Semiconductor Devices
- Principles of Communication
KEAM Preparation Tips:
Candidates preparing for KEAM 2019 need to follow certain tips and tricks which may help make the exam seem easier and the process smoother. Some tips to keep in mind while preparing for KEAM 2019 are :
- Time management. Time management is of utmost importance. Giving due attention to all subjects and dividing time equally among each of them helps prepare all subjects properly. It is suggested to take breaks in between long study hours so that whatever has been studied can be retained.
- Preparing as per the given syllabus. Since the exam syllabus is given from before, its best to study according to it. Leaving out topics is not suggested because that may cause the score to go down considerably in the exam and in turn hamper chances of making through.
- Practicing through mock tests and previous years question papers help get a basic idea of what to expect and how to go about the whole process.
- Staying fit and healthy is of utmost importance. See to it that the pressure doesn’t get to you and you don’t go through mental breakdowns. Give your best and be confident.
How to crack KEAM 2019?
In order to crack KEAM 2019, it is necessary to follow the preparation tips given above as well as go through good study material. Books such as Solomons Organic Chemistry, NCERT Chemistry of Class 12, Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D Lee, Arihants Mathematics, Complete Mathematics by McGraw Hill, RD Sharma Mathematics Volume 1 and 2, Objective Physics by S. Chand, Concepts of Physics by H.C Verma Volume 1 and 2 are some books which may help prepare for the exam better and give a very good shot at cracking the exam.