Jaypee Institute of Information and Technology (JIIT), Noida is one of the top-ranked universities in Delhi NCR. It is a Deemed to be a university under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956. It is AICTE approved and NAAC accredited. Recently it has been ranked among top Engineering Institutes in India by Edu Rand 2014 Engineering College Rankings.
If you wish to be a part of this distinct university and pursue postgraduate courses, you need to qualify an entrance examination, namely Jaypee Institute of Information and Technology Post Graduate Common Entrance Examination i.e., JIIT PGCET. A candidate is eligible for admission in the very institute, only after qualifying the respectively written examination.
JIIT PGCET 2019 Registration Process:
Here is the detailed process to apply for JIIT PGCET. Candidates can register for JIIT PGCET 2019, by following the mentioned procedure:
STEP 1 – Visit the official website of JIIT i.e., http://www.jiit.ac.in/.
STEP 2 – Visit the PG M. Tech section, under the admissions section or directly log on to https://getadmissions.com/jaypee. Read the guidelines for the admission procedure, carefully.
STEP 3 – Fill the application form: there are two modes of applying viz, offline mode (by downloading the form) and online mode.
Candidates going for online application must read the instructions very carefully. They are supposed to keep a hard copy of the application form for future use.
STEP 4 – do not forget to affix a passport size photograph with the application form.
STEP 5 – Make payment: payment can be done either online or offline.
- On cash payment – by payment of the amount mentioned cash or depositing the Demand Draft of the same amount favoring Jaypee Business School payable at Delhi/Noida.
- By Post – On sending the application fee of the amount mentioned through Demand Draft in favor of Jaypee Business School payable at Noida/Delhi.
- Online – download the soft copy of the application form in PDF format and make a hard copy of the same with a demand draft of the amount mentioned in favor of Jaypee Business School payable at Noida/Delhi.
JIIT PGCET Fee Details:
|Mode of application||Registration fee (in rupees)|
JIIT PGCET 2019 Application Form Details:
The candidates are required to fill the following details while filling the application form:
- Candidate’s name.
- Father’s name.
- Application number.
- Contact number.
- Email Id, etc.
Candidates are advised to give the contact details, they actively use, to not miss out on any updates or any other relevant information.
JIIT PGCET 2019 Rules and Regulations:
- The first stage involves qualifying JIIT PGCET 2019.
- After the candidate has qualified the written examination, the candidate is offered admission by the JIIT.
- The candidate has to go through various rounds of counseling before the admission.
- Cutoffs of colleges are released based on the ranks, candidates can follow up with the cutoffs and apply for counseling, accordingly.
- Candidates can also take admission through GATE, they need to carry their scorecard at the time of counseling.
- When called for counseling, candidates are required to carry their admit card, rank card, 10th pass certificate and mark sheet, 12th pass certificate and mark sheet, B. TECH pass certificate and mark sheet, Gate score (it appeared), a demand draft of the amount mentioned (if any).
The candidates who are allotted seats at JIIT at the final round of counseling will have to report to the admission centers for verification of the credentials and payment of fees on the dates mentioned in the website.
JIIT PGCET Courses Available:
JIIT offers several specialization courses, under PG M. Tech programme, namely:
- ECE (CS).
- ECE (MET).
- CSE (IS).
- CSE (MT).
- IT &E.
- Material Science & Engineering.
- Applied & Computational Mathematics and MBA.
JIIT PGCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
In order to take admission in the respective institute, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
|1.||M. Tech in Computer Science Engineering||BE/B. Tech in CSE/IT|
|2.||M. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Information Security||BE/B. Tech in CSE/IT|
|3.||M. Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering with specialization in Communication Systems||B.E./B. Tech. In Electronics Engineering /Electronics & Electrical Engineering /Electronics & Communication Engineering /Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering/Instrumentation & Control Engineering|
|4.||M. Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering with specialization in Micro-Electronics Systems & Embedded Technology||BE/B. Tech in EE/EEE/ECE/CS/IT/Instrumentation or M.Sc Physics with Electronics|
|5.||M. Tech in Applied and Computational Mathematics||Master Degree in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/Statistics/Operations Research/Computer Science with at least 60% marks or 6.50 CGPA on a 10‐point scale|
|6.||M. Tech in Biotechnology||B. Tech. in BT/BI, Masters in life sciences 4 years Bachelors’ degree in Life sciences/ Agriculture, MBBS, B. Sc and B. Pharm|
|7.||M. Tech in Information& Technology and Entrepreneurship||B. Tech (CSE/IT), MCA, M.Sc (Computer Science), B. Tech (ECE) with at least six IT courses during graduation, with minimum 60% or equivalent in the qualifying exam.|
|8.||M. Tech in Materials Science & Engineering||BE/B. Tech or M.Sc. Physics/Electronics/ Chemistry. Candidates with M. Sc. degree in above subjects should have studied Physics and Mathematics at the undergraduate level.|
- The candidates must score at least 60% aggregate in the graduation.
- GATE qualified candidates can also apply for the Exam of JIIT PGCET 2018.
JIIT PGCET 2019 Exam Dates:
Dates are tentative and are liable to change.
|On-line submission of Application Form||First week of March 2019.|
|Last date of application||Last week of May 2019.|
|The issue of admit cards||the First week of June, 2019.|
|Dates of Examination||Fourth week of June, 2019.|
|Declaration of Result||First week of July, 2019.|
|Commencement of counseling||Second week of July, 2019.|
JIIT PGCET Exam Pattern:
- Mode of examination: Offline.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions.
- Medium of examination: English Medium.
- Marking scheme: 2 marks are awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative marking:. 1 mark is deducted from the total score for every wrong answer.
- Duration of examination: 2 hours or 120 minutes.
- Number of questions: 50.
- Maximum marks: 100.
JIIT PGCET 2019 Syllabus:
Here is a detailed syllabus for PGCET classified according to different branches:
|Applied and computational mathematics.||a. Algebra.
c. Differential Equations.
d. Numerical Analysis.
e. Statistics and Probability.
f. Operations Research.
c. Cellular organization and development.
d. Molecular biology and genetics.
e. Recombination DNA technology.
i. Applies Biology.
c. Components of computers.
d. Problem solving by computers.
e. Trends in IT Industry.
|ECE-CS/ECE-MET||a. Electrical Circuit Analysis.
b. Analogue Electronics.
c. Digital Electronics.
e. Signal Processing.
f. Microelectronics and VLSI Design.
g. Control Systems.
|Materials Science & Engineering||a. Interference, Diffraction, and Polarization.
b. Laws of thermodynamics, Reversible and irreversible systems, Carnot cycle, Heat engines, Entropy, Thermal and chemical equilibrium.
c. Laws of thermodynamics, Reversible and irreversible systems, Carnot cycle, Heat engines, Entropy, Thermal and chemical equilibrium.
d. Lorentz transformations, Addition of velocities, Mass variation with velocity, Mass-energy relation.
e. Black body radiation, laws of radiation, Compton scattering.
f. Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle, Schrödinger equation and applications, Operators.
g. Origin of spectral lines, Angular momentum, Atoms in a magnetic field.
h. Vibrational, Rotational, electronic, Raman, NMR and ESR spectroscopy.
i. Statistical Distributions, Spontaneous and Stimulated emissions, Laser action, He-Ne, Ruby and Semiconductor lasers, Optical fibers.
j. Bonding in solids, Crystal structure, Crystal systems, X-ray diffraction, Defects and Dislocations.
k. Stress and Strain behavior, Modulus of elasticity, Yield strength, Tensile strength, Plastic deformation.
l. Free electron theory of solids, Band theory of solids, Conduction in metals, Semiconductors (n and p- type) and Insulators, Ohmic and non-Ohmic behavior of materials, Hall effect in Semiconductors, Transformers, Superconductivity.
m. Semiconductor devices (diodes, junctions, transistors, field effect devices, homo- and heterojunction devices), device characteristics, Operational amplifiers and their applications. Digital techniques and applications (registers, counters, comparators and similar circuits), A/D and D/A converters, Basics of microprocessor and microcontroller.
n. Polarization mechanism, Dielectric constant, Piezoelectric effect. l Dia-, Para-, Ferro-, Antiferro- and Ferri-magnetic materials and their properties. l Lattice Vibrations and thermal properties of solids
For more specific details, visit http://www.jiit.ac.in/syllabus-pget.
JIIT PGCET Preparation Tips:
First things first, you need a plan. A plan helps you every step of the way and brings you close to your goal. It saves your time of going back and forth and lets you move only in one direction and that is forward.
STEP 1 – Note down your goals.
STEP 2 – Divide your goals into smaller tasks.
STEP 3 – Assign a deadline to every task.
STEP 4 – Make a plan to execute the tasks.
STEP 5 – Start the execution of the plan.
Always keep track of your tasks (how many of them have you completed successfully and how much remains).
A few things that will help you in getting a better score are:
- Take regular mock tests – it will help you finish the exam within the provided time.
- Practice as any questions as you can.
- Start early preparation.
- Focus on your weak as well as strong points, equally.
All the best for the examination, prepare well.