Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board was constituted under Section 85 of Bihar Re-Constituted Act, 2000 by the Govt. vide Memo No. 374 dated 29.03.2001. The Government of Jharkhand has assigned the responsibility of conducting entrance tests for admission into various Institutions in the state. J.C.E.C.E.B. presently organizes the following entrance tests annually: –
- Post Graduate Medical Admission Test (PGMAT)
- Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (JCECE)
- General Nursery and Midwifery Entrance Competitive Examination (GNMECE)
- sc Nursing (basic and post basic group) Entrance Competitive (B.sc.NECE)
- Diploma to Degree Entrance Competitive Examination (Dip to Deg.ECE)
- Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination (PECE)
- Industrial Training Institute Entrance Competitive Examination (ITIECE)
- Vocational / ITI to Diploma Entrance Competitive Examination (Voc/ITI to Dip ECE)
- Para Medical Entrance Competitive Examination (PMECE)
JCECE 2019 Registration Procedure:
The forms will be available in the online mode only from the third April 2019. The candidates are requested to have the scanned copy of the required documents beforehand. The following steps are involved in filling out the form: –
- Registration: Candidates will first be required to register themselves for the JEECE 2019 exam by filling in their personal details, email address, and password. And, thereafter will be required to log in to fill in other details such as academic details and personal details including the parental details.
- Uploading of documents: The candidates are required to upload the scanned copy of the signature, recent passport size photographs, left-hand thumb impression and the class 10th and 12th
- Application fee payment: After successful submission of the application form, candidates are required to pay the application fee of Rs. 900 (General/BC-1/BC-2 candidates) or Rs. 450 (SC/ST/Female candidates). The mode of payment of fees is via either Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking only. Other modes of payment are not allowed. Service charges will be levied on using either of these payment options.
- Submission of Application form: The candidates should keep the 3-4 printed copies of the application for further use. Only the online applications will be considered.
JCECE 2019 Important Dates:
These are the tentative dates.
|S. No||Events||Expected Dates|
|1||The release of Online Application Form||Third Week of April 2019|
|2||Last date to apply for JEECE||Second Week of May 2019|
|3||Last Date for receiving OMR Application Form||Last week of March 2019|
|4||JEECE 2019 Admit Card||Second Week of May 2019|
|5||JEECE 2019 Preliminary Answer Key||First Week of June 2019|
|6||File Objections to Answer Key||Second Week of June 2019|
|7||Declaration of JEECE 2019 Result||Last week of June 2019|
|8||JEECE 2019 Counselling||First Week of July 2019|
JCECE 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidates applying for the JEECE 2019 should be the local or permanent resident of Jharkhand. The candidate would be required to present the resident proof in the given format at the time of counseling issued by Sub-Divisional Officer (Civil) or Dy. Commissioner of Jharkhand State.
- Candidates must have cleared the Class 12thboards or equivalent with at least 45% marks in Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry for the general category, while it is 40% for the reserved category.
- Only the medically fit candidates will be given the admission. The candidates will be made to undergo a medical examination to check their fitness,
JCECE 2019 Exam Pattern:
The JCECE exam will be held in both English and Hindi languages. Candidates are advised to keep a check ion the main site to get updated on the changes.
|1||Mode of Examination||Offline|
|2||Duration of Examination||180 minutes (3 Hours)|
|3||Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) or Objective Questions|
|4||Total Number of Questions||150|
|5||Sections||· Physics – 50 Questions
· Chemistry – 50 Questions
· Mathematics – 50 Questions
|6||Marking Scheme||· 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answers
· ¼ marks will be deducted for each incorrect answers
For the JCECE syllabus, the candidates are requested to refer to the class 11th and class 12th syllabus of the CBSE board. To prepare, the students need to have a clear picture of the class 12th and 11th syllabus.
JCECE Admit Card:
Candidates will be able to download the admit card of JEECE 2019 from the Board’s website. The candidates will have to download the online admit card of JEECE 2019 from the Board’s website only by clicking on the “Admit Card” column. The JEECE admit card 2019 will comprise of the details such as Candidate’s name, roll number, father’s name, category, photograph, and more.
How to download the admit card?
Candidates will be able to download the admit card of JEECE 2019 by visiting the Board’s official website and they will be required to log in by entering the required details. The candidates will be then be required to click on “Admit Card” column to download the admit card 2019 of JEECE. The download admits card should then be checked if there any mistakes. If there are any discrepancies in the details on the admit card, the candidate should immediately contact the admission authority in written and will be required to get the same admit card at the time of examination along with the letter sent to the authority. If not, get at least 2 prints of the admit card to present it at the time of exam to the invigilator.
Details of the admit card
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Father’s name
- Date of Birth
- Subject group
- Name and address of the exam center
JCECE Rules and Regulations:
- Students have to take their admit cards positively to the examination hall
- Students should reach the examination center at least an hour before the examination starts.
- Students should not carry any electronic materials such as mobile phones, programmable watches, and smartwatches, PDA, calculators, earphones etc.
- Students should not carry any material that is related to the exam, including no writing anything on hands.
- Students can carry only their stationery, including a blue or black ballpoint pen for filling the OMR sheet.
- Students are also required to carry any of their photo identity cards issued by the government of India.
The exam result will be released tentatively by the last week of June 2019. The JEECE 2019 result will be made available to the candidates on the Board’s website. Candidates who have appeared in the examination would be able to check their scores from the website. For convenience, the candidate’s OMR sheet will also be available for download. There will be no re-checking or re-evaluation of the answer sheets.
Check the results by following the steps given below: –
- Candidates are required to login into the official website
- Click on the Result link
- Candidates will be able to view the result
- Download the result and get it printed for further use
JCECE Counselling and Merit List:
The merit list is released after the result declaration on the basis of scores and the availability of the seats in different colleges. If the tie persists between the two candidates then the following conditions will be considered.
- Priority will be given to candidates who have scored higher marks in Maths and Physics in the JEECE exam
- Candidates older in age will be given the first preference
- The seat will be allotted if the tie persists on the basis alphabetical order of the first name of the candidate
The counseling will be started from the first week of July and the candidates need to be present at the center of counseling physically. After the result declaration, the candidates will be called for the counseling according to their merit list. There would be two online rounds of counseling and the second round will be conducted only if there would be seats left after the first counseling. For the counseling procedure, the candidates need to get the following documents verified.
- Counseling call letter
- Admit Card of JEECE 2019
- Admit Card of Class 10th& Class 12th Board Exams
- Class 10thMarksheet/Certificate as a proof of Date of Birth
- Class 12thMarksheet/Certificate
- Local Resident Certificate issued by SDO (Civil) or DC of Jharkhand State
- Caste Certificate issued by SDO (Civil) or DC of Jharkhand State
- Income Certificate issued by SDO (Civil) or DC of Jharkhand State
- One Passport Size Photograph
- Dependency Certificate issued by competent Army officer (for serving Army Personnel/Officer)
- Disability Certificate (if any) issued by Medical Superintendent/CMO/Head of Hospital
The counseling fees are Rs 400 for the General/BC-1/BC-2 candidates while it is Rs 250 for the SC/ST female candidates. The money is payable by the RTGS or the credit card. The partial admission fee will also be required to be paid at the time of counseling, which would be intimated later through the advertisement before the counseling will start.
JCECE Preparation Tips:
- Practice a lot, practice and hard work are the keys to success.
- Maintain a good speed.
- Read all the questions carefully, especially in the logical reasoning section. Attempt the easy ones first, and leave the difficult one for the last.
- Give the paper with a calm and cool mind.
- Keep a note of the important topics and do the sample papers religiously
- Have adequate food before you come to the examination hall.
- Lastly, do your best.