Jaypee Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by Jaypee Institute of Information Technology which is a UGC recognized deemed to be a university, which conducts its entrance examination for different branches of engineering every year. It was founded in 2001 and has come a long way to provide undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate courses in different engineering fields. Jaypee Institute of Information Technology has different branches, which are: –
- JIIT Noida, Sector 62
- JIIT Noida, Sector 128
- JIIT Waknaghat, Solan, Himachal Pradesh
- JIIT Anoopshahar, Uttar Pradesh
- JUET Guna, Madhya Pradesh
JIIT 2019 Registration:
Candidates can register for Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (JIIT) in any of the following three mediums.
- In person
Online Mode: –
The application form will be available on the official portal www.jiit.ac.in or they can directly fill the form in www.getadmissions.com/jaypee (the authorized agency for online application). Candidates have to fill the application form in these websites mentioned above and can make the payment through credit/debit card/net banking, once the payment has been completed the candidate shall be allotted an Application ID number and will receive a confirmation mail as well.
Offline Mode: –
The candidates can fill the form online and make the payment through DD or else they can take a print of the filled-in application form with their photo, application ID and post it with the DD in favor Jaypee Admissions Account”, payable at Noida/Delhi to the following address:
Admission Cell (UG Programs)
Jaypee Institute of Information Technology
Noida – 201309 (U.P), India
In Person Mode: –
They can purchase the application forms from any of the 3 institutes or they will get the application form and brochure from selected bank branches of IDBI and PNB, candidates can fill the form here and pay the application fee directly to the institute.
The candidates would be able to see the receipt of their application details and other important data after 15 to 20 days from submission. If the receipt doesn’t come, it is the responsibility of the candidate.
JIIT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria of the JIIT except for biotechnology, bioinformatics program is as follows: –
- Candidate should have passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent with Physics and Mathematics as the compulsory subjects and any one of the subjects from Chemistry, Biology, and Biotechnology as optional subjects.
- They should have given the JEE Mains and obtained a valid JEE rank.
- They should have passed the 10+2 exam with a minimum of 60% in physics, chemistry and maths or biology.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1995 (Date of Birth as recorded in the High School/Secondary Education Board/University Certificate only will be taken as authentic).
- Candidates should have the certificate of proof for all the above required, failing to which they would be barred from taking admissions.
JIIT Exam Dates:
|Jaypee Exam Event||Exam Date (Expected)|
|The issue of Jaypee B.Tech 2019 Application Forms||February 2019|
|Display of Application Status||April 2019|
|Last date of receipt of applications||June 2019|
|The announcement of Merit List||May 2019|
|Admission and commencement of classes||August 2019|
JIIT Syllabus for Lateral Entry:
Regular entries are done by the JEE Mains scores. The syllabus is for theirs
- Laplace Equation
- Poisson Equation
- Maxwell’s Equation
- Poynting Vector
- Reflection and Refraction of EM Waves from dielectric surfaces
- Total Internal Reflection
- Lorentz transformation
- Length contraction
- Time dilation
- Mass-energy relation
- Integrability of the functions in real and complex variables
- Differentiation of vectors
- Divergence and curl
- Line and surface integrals
- Gauss divergence theorem
- Algebra of matrices
- Eigenvalues and vectors
- Inverse of matrix
Computer programming and basic data structure
- Introduction to computers
- Structured programming with C
- Data types
- Control flow statements
- The file I/O
- Linked Lists
- BST (Binary Search Tree)
- Structures and unions
- Insertion and deletion from a tree
- Number system
- Binary arithmetic
Basic Electric and Electronic circuits
- Analysis of simple AC and DC circuits
- Thevenin’s and Norton’s theorem
- Transformers and electrical machines
- Basic semiconductor devices
- Boolean algebra
- Logic gates and circuits including transistors and amplifiers
- Flip flops
- Shift registers
This section includes Engineering Mechanics, Workshop Practice, Engineering Graphics, and Engineering Chemistry
The first section is to be attempted by the students of all branches. The section B has to be attempted by the Computer Science and Electronics and Electrical students while the section C is to be attempted by the Mechanical and Chemical students.
How to crack JIIT Entrance Examination?
- Practice a lot, practice and hard work are the keys to success.
- Maintain a good speed.
- Read all the questions carefully. Attempt the easy ones first, and leave the difficult one for the last.
- Give the paper with a calm and cool mind.
JIIT Results and Scorecard:
The merit list amongst the applications received for admission to JIIT shall be drawn based only on the overall All India Rank of JEE (Main) examination.
The merit list for SC/ST candidates shall be made by applying the cut off 10% below the all-India rank (in JEE main exam) obtained by the candidate shortlisted in the general category. The candidate has to check the official website for merit lists within 4 Days of the declaration of the results of JEE main to know about their counseling schedule, guidelines and instructions.
JIIT Rules and Regulations:
- For the students who are going to the regular UG course, provide your JEE scorecard and rank, your 10th and 12th marksheet, provisional certificate, 12th certificate, photo id proofs etc. Failing to provide them may cancel the admission.
For the lateral entry students: –
- Students have to take their admit card to the examination hall
- Students must reach the examination hall an hour before the exam starts.
- Students should not carry any electronic materials with them
- They should also not carry any material that is related to the exam