Jamia Millia Islamia was established in 1920. The university offers a plethora of courses in the field of education, humanities & language, law, engineering & technology, social sciences, etc. Students have to qualify the entrance tests organized by JMI to get admission in various courses (as applicable).
JMI Eligibility Criteria:
- Students must have qualified 10+2 examination for UG courses and to apply for PG courses, students must hold a UG degree in the relevant field.
- There will be minimum marks criteria application for various courses. It will be different for different courses.
- Students whose results of the qualifying exam have not been declared can also apply. Such candidates have to submit the required certificates by September 2019.
- For B.Tech courses, the candidates should have given JEE Mains.
- For the BDS course, the admission will be carried out via the NEET scores.
- The candidate should be 17 years or older after Oct 1, 2019.
JMI Application Form Details:
The students should check the information bulletin prior to filling the form for JMI. The form is in online mode and the students don’t need to give the hard copy to the university. No printed form is available from the university. There are two parts to the application form, registration, and entrance application submission. The candidates are required to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signatures. The photo should be in JPEG/ JPG format with a white background and maximum size 100KB. After the submission of application, candidates will receive an Email containing the Unique Registration Number and Password for further use.
- Fee payment can be made using a debit/credit card & net banking.
- If the fees received successfully at JMI’s end it will be non-refundable.
- Below we have mentioned the application fee for various courses:
|Faculty/Centre Offering the Course||Application Fee|
|AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Centre for Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Dentistry, Centre for Management Studies, Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics (Except B.Arch.), Faculty of Engineering & Technology (Except B.Tech.) & Faculty of Law||Rs. 700/-|
|All other Faculties/Centres and B.Tech./B.Arch||Rs. 500/-|
JMI Exam Pattern:
Students can check here the exam pattern of the entrance exam organized by JMI:
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain objective/multiple choice questions.
Negative Marking: There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the Objective Type/Multiple Choice questions in all the programs (except M.Phil. & Ph.D.)
- JMI Syllabus: The syllabus will vary as per the courses. It will contain the relevant topics of the course candidates applying for.
- Exam Centres: The examination will be conducted in various cities like Calicut, Lucknow, Delhi, Patna, Guwahati, Srinagar and Kolkata.
JMI Admit Card:
The admit card will be available one or two weeks prior to the examination. The university will also send an SMS to the registered mobile number regarding the availability of Jamia admit card 2019. After printing the admit card, candidates are required to paste their self-attested passport size photograph on the notified space. Only those candidates who possess a valid JMI Admit Card shall be allowed to take the Entrance Test. Candidates must take at least two print copies of their to admit card generated online. Candidates have to submit one admit card to the invigilators at the exam center.
JMI Important Dates:
|S.No||Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|1||The release of application form||the First week of December 2018|
|2||Last date to submit filled application form of JMI B.Tech Admission 2019||Second week of March 2019|
|3||Correction of application form||Second week to Third week of March 2019|
|4||Display of rank list||First week of July 2019|
|5||Release of 1st list of selected candidates||Second week of July 2019|
|6||Release of 2nd list of selected candidates||Second week of July 2019|
|7||Display of 3rd list (waiting)||Fourth week of July 2019|
|8||Display of 4th list (waiting)||First week of August 2019|
|9||Spot Admissions (if any vacant seats are left)||Second week of August 2019|
JMI Result 2019 will be provided to students within a month after the examination. The University shall prepare a merit list of qualified candidates in various programs. There will be no provision for rechecking or re-evaluation of the answer sheets. No intimation regarding the declaration of the result will be sent to candidates by post.
JMI B.Tech Cut-off and Merit List 2019:
The cut-off of JMI B.Tech Admission 2019 will be prepared by the concerned authorities to act as a screening process for admissions. The authorities concerned will prepare the cut-off based on JEE Main 2019 performance of the candidates. Those candidates who meet the cut-off will have higher chances of admission into the institute. The cut-off will be different as per the course and category selected by the candidates.
Jamia Millia Islamia University will be releasing the list of candidates selected for admission through the merit list of JMI B.Tech Admission 2019. The authorities concerned will shortlist the candidates according to their performance in JEE Main 2019 examination. Only those candidates whose names are listed out in the merit list will be able to participate in the counselling session. Candidates will be able to access the merit list through online mode.
On the basis of the entrance test, students will be shortlisted for the further interview/admission rounds. Candidates obtaining less than 30% marks in the descriptive part of the exam (if applicable) will not be shortlisted for interview/admission. All of the candidates who are shortlisted in the merit list will be able to participate in the counselling session of Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) B.Tech Admission 2019. The selected candidates will have to report to the institute and confirm their admission by paying the tuition fee. Since verification of documents will be done, the candidates will have to bring along the following documents:
- Self attested copies of JMI Admission 2019 Acknowledgement Slip
- JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2019 Score Card
- Proof of Passing the Qualifying Examination (Mark Sheet)
- Proof of Age (10th Standard Certificate)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Character Certificate from the Institute Last Attended
- Residential Proof of Permanent Address
After verifications, students have to fill in the “Student Registration Form”. It can be obtained from the concerned Dean’s Office/Department/Centre.
Candidates have to fill their choices of courses they are seeking for admission. Admission will be done on the basis of filled choices, merit and availability of seats.
JMI Reservation Criteria:
|S.No||Particulars||Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|1||Muslim Minority||Muslim Applicants||30%|
|Muslim Woman Applicants||10%|
|Muslim OBC/Muslim ST||10%|
|2||Persons with Disabilities||–||3%|
|3||Internal Jamia Students||–||5%|
Tips for Preparation:
- Practise a lot, practise and hard work are the key to success.
- Maintain a good speed.
- Read all the questions carefully, especially in the logical reasoning section. Attempt the easy ones first, and leave the difficult one for the last.
- Give the paper with a calm and cool mind.
- Keep a note of the important topics and do the sample papers religiously
- Have adequate food before you come to the examination hall.
- Lastly, do your best.