We all are aware of the struggles of finding a decent postgraduate institution, but when we talk about post-graduation from one of the IITs, no second thoughts occur, everyone wants to be a part of IIT.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT (ISM)), Dhanbad, formerly known as Indian School of Mines is an esteemed University that offers several undergraduate and postgraduate courses. To get enrolled under postgraduate M. Tech course, candidates are supposed to take an entrance examination which is widely known as ISM EE or IIT (ISM) EE i.e., Indian Institute Of Technology (Indian School of Mines) Entrance Examination.
If you are looking forward to getting enrolled at IIT, Dhanbad, there are certain things, you should know about the university including the application procedure, admission procedure, eligibility criteria, the syllabus for examination. Don’t worry, all the information relevant to the examination and admission is mentioned in the following sections.
ISM EE 2019 Registration Process:
The first step towards applying for any entrance examination is registration. The registration is done online. It must be ensured that you get successfully registered. You just need to follow a sequence of steps and you will be successfully registered for the respective examination.
STEP 1 – Visit the official website of IIT (ISM), Dhanbad i.e., www.ismdhanbad.ac.in.
STEP 2 – Register carefully by entering a valid email ID, mobile number, name, gender, parents’ name, and password. The candidates will receive a verification link on their email Id which must be verified in order to proceed further for the application.
STEP 3 – Fill in the application form. Login using your email Id and password and proceed with the filling of the application form and submit the form. Fill the application form only after reading the instructions carefully.
STEP 4 – Upload scanned images of the required documents, i.e., a scanned photograph and signature.
STEP 5 – Make Payment -> Go ahead and select a payment mode (net banking, debit card, credit card) and finish the online payment.
Application Fee Details:
The registration fee for the M.Tech programme is as follows:
|General/ OBC||Rs. 2000/-|
|The application fee for foreign nationals||US $ 100|
ISM EE 2019 Application Form Details:
The candidates are required to fill in the following details in the application form:
- Candidate’s Name.
- Father’s Name.
- Mother’s Name.
- Email Id.
- Mobile number.
- Date of Birth.
- Address, etc.
Candidates should make sure that they provide valid contact details, that they actively use, to not miss any relevant information regarding the application/ examination.
It includes information about the candidate’s 10th,12th, and graduate level education (including the board type in 10th and 12th standard, respective percentage of 10th,12th and graduation/ B. Tech, etc.).
ISM EE 2019 Rules & Regulations:
- The M. Tech. admission will be through online counseling based on the GATE score / ISM-EE rank as per schedule.
- Non-refundable counseling fee of Rs. 1,000.00 will be required for participation in online counseling by eligible candidates (all GATE qualified candidates + Shortlisted candidates of ISM-EE).
- The selection of candidates through online counseling will be provisional after online payment of programme fees.
- The applicants are to report in person at ISM, Dhanbad on the scheduled date, time and venue for completing his/her admission. If the candidate fails to report at the admission venue in person along with the requisite documents in original by that date and time, he/she will not be considered afterward for admission.
- The candidate has to upload the following scanned copy of the documents at the time of online counseling:
- One set of self-attested copies (both sides wherever applicable) of all the certificates and mark sheets (including valid GATE score) starting from matriculation/ school final examination.
- Caste certificate – only for SC/ ST / OBC (Non-creamy) candidates.
- A relevant certificate by the candidates who seek reservation in any sub-category (PC / DP / JK / PS).
- Medical fitness certificate.
- Endorsement Certificate (for Sponsored candidates).
ISM EE 2019 Reservation Criteria:
|Physically Challenged (PC)||One seat is reserved in each discipline for Physically Challenged (PC) candidate subject to a maximum of 3% within the respective category.|
|Jammu and Kashmir Migrants||One seat each is kept reserved for Jammu and Kashmir (JK) migrants as a supernumerary seat.|
|SC / ST||20 to 25% of seats in every branch of M. Tech is reserved for SC / ST category.|
- An applicant once admitted to a particular postgraduate course will not be allowed to shift to any other course, even if seats remain available in other courses.
- Students are required to maintain 75% attendance in the semester classes to make them eligible for the semester examination.
ISM EE 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- For admission in M.Tech. Programmes, applicants under all categories must possess a bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent from the institutes recognized by UGC / AICTE or a Masters degree in Science.
- GATE Candidates must have a valid GATE score in the Paper appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree. The GATE score should remain valid at the time of admission.
- Non-GATE or GATE not qualified must qualify the ISM Entrance Examination (ISM-EE) conducted by ISM at different centers all over the country in the respective paper appropriate to their discipline in which they seek admission.
- Candidates seeking admission to M. Tech. Programmes of the Institute should have minimum 55% or CGPA/CPI of 5.5 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for UR/OBC candidates minimum 50% or CGPA/CPI of 5.0 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for SC/ST candidates.
ISM EE 2019 Exam Dates:
|Commencement of online application.||The second week of March 2019.|
|Last date of application||Third week of April 2019.|
|The issue of admit cards||the First week of May, 2019.|
|Dates of Examination||Second week of May, 2019.|
|Declaration of Result||Second week of June, 2019.|
|Registration of online counseling||Second week of June, 2019.|
|Commencement of counseling round 1||Fourth week of June, 2019.|
|Counseling round 2||First week of July, 2019.|
|Counseling round 3||First week of July, 2019.|
|Counseling round 4||Second week of July, 2019.|
ISM EE 2019 Exam Pattern:
- Mode of examination: Offline.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions.
- Medium of examination: English Medium.
- Marking scheme:
- 30 questions will be of 1 mark.
- 20 questions for 2 marks.
- 10 questions for 3 marks
- Negative marking: 25% of the marks of a particular question will be deducted for one wrong answer.
- Duration of examination: 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- Number of questions: 60.
- Maximum marks: 100.
ISM EE 2019 Syllabus:
|1||Engineering Geology||Geomorphology and Remote Sensing, Stratigraphy, Paleontology, Mineralogy & Geochemistry, Sedimentary Petrology, Igneous Petrology, Metamorphic Petrology, Structural Geology, Geotectonics, Economic Geology, Exploration Geology, Engineering Geology, Hydrogeology and Environmental Geology|
|2||Mineral Exploration||Geomorphology and Remote Sensing, Stratigraphy, Paleontology, Mineralogy & Geochemistry, Sedimentary Petrology, Igneous Petrology, Metamorphic Petrology, Structural Geology, Geotectonics, Economic Geology, Exploration Geology, Engineering Geology, Hydrogeology and Environmental Geology|
|3||Earthquake Disaster, Hazard and Mitigation||Mechanics of Solids, The Solid Earth, Near Surface Investigation, Seismology, Resistivity Method, Signal Analysis, Geology, Environmental Science|
|4||Petroleum Exploration||Part 1: Geophysics – Solid Earth Geophysics, Seismology, Signal Analysis, Exploration Seismology, Resistivity and IP Methods, Electromagnetic Method, Remote Sensing and Image Processing, Well Logging
Part 2: Geology – Geomorphology and Remote Sensing, Stratigraphy, Paleontology, Mineralogy and Geochemistry, Sedimentary Petrology, Igneous Petrology, Metamorphic Petrology, Structural Geology, Geotectonics, Economic Geology, Exploration Geology, Engineering Geology, Hydrogeology and Environmental Geology
|5||Chemical Engineering||Fluid Mechanics, Chemical Process Calculation, Heat transfer, Mechanical Operations, Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, Mass Transfer, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Instrumentation and Process Control, General Chemical Technology, Fuel & Energy|
|6||Structural Engineering||Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Concrete Structures, Steel Structures, Soil Mechanics, Foundation Engineering, Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics, Water Supply and Waste Water Treatment, Highway Engineering|
|7||Computer Science and Engineering||Discrete Mathematics, Probability & Statistics, Data Structures, Algorithm Design and Analysis, Digital Circuits and Computer Organization, Theory of Computation, Operating Systems, Computer Networks, Database Management Systems|
|8||Electrical Engineering||Electric Circuits & Fields, Signals & Systems, Electrical Machines, Power Systems, Control Systems, Power Electronics & Drives, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Analog and Digital Electronics|
|10||Electronics & Communication Engineering||Semiconductor Devices, Analog Circuits, Digital Electronics, Instrumentation and Measurements, Network Theory, Signals and Systems, Control Systems, Communication System, Electromagnetic Theory|
|11||Environmental Science & Engineering||General Ecology, Air Pollution, Primary and Secondary Air Pollutants, Noise Pollution, Water Pollution, Environmental Legislation, Environmental Impact Assessment|
|12||Fuel Engineering||Momentum, Heat and Mass Transfer, Theory of machines, General principles of metallurgy, Definition and important terminology, Mining methods|
|13||Mineral Engineering||Scope and importance of Mineral Engineering, Different types of crushers and grinding mills, their features and usages, Principles and practices of different types of concentration processes used in mineral beneficiation such as gravity concentration, magnetic separation, flotation, etc., Fundamentals of sintering, pelletization, dewatering & drying, General principles of extractive metallurgy.|
|14||Industrial Engineering & Management||Principles and Practices of Management, Human Resource Management, Quantitative Techniques, Industrial Engineering, Project Management, Financial Management|
|15||Mechanical Engieering||Engineering Mechanics, Mechanics of Solids, Theory of Machines, Machine Design, Thermal Engineering, Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Machines, Production Technology|
|16||Geomatics||Chain surveying, Leveling, Traversing, tacheometry and Plane Table Surveying. Construction and use of Theodolites, levels, Tacheometer and Plane Table. Contours and Contouring. Area and volume calculations|
|17||Mining Engineering||Rock Breaking, Rock Support and Reinforcement, Rock Mechanics, Surface Mining Methods, Underground Coal Mining Methods, Underground Metal Mining Methods, Mine Planning|
|18||Tunneling & Underground Space Technology||Natural caves, archaeological caves and their construction, tunnels for road, rail and hydropower, need for underground space, engineering utilities such as hydropower tunnels and caverns, underground storage for LPG and crude oil , geo-engineering investigations, physico-mechanical properties of rocks, subsurface investigations, planning and design aspects of underground excavations, tunneling
methods, instrumentation, various supports used for tunnels, caverns and their design approaches. Engineering geological aspects, Mining and Civil engineering aspects are given importance.
|19||Mining Machinery Engineering||Shear forces, Machines, links and mechanisms, Fluid statics, kinematics and dynamics, Engineering thermodynamics, Power Hydraulics|
|20||Petroleum Engineering||Fundamental of Petroleum Engineering, Oil and Gas Well Drilling Technology, Reservoir Engineering, Petroleum Production Operations, Offshore Drilling and Production Practices, Well Test Analysis and EOR, Health Safety and Environment in Petroleum Industry, Latest trends in Petroleum Engineering|
ISM EE 2019 Preparation Tips:
First things first, you need a plan. A plan helps you every step of the way and brings you close to your goal. It saves your time of going back and forth and lets you move only in one direction and that is forward.
STEP 1 – Note down your goals.
STEP 2 – Divide your goals into smaller tasks.
STEP 3 – Assign a deadline to every task.
STEP 4 – Make a plan to execute the tasks.
STEP 5 – Start the execution of the plan.
Always keep track of your progress.
A few things that will help you in getting a better score are:
- Take regular mock tests – it will help you finish the exam within the provided time.
- Practice as any questions as you can.
- Start early preparation.
- Focus on your weak as well as strong points, equally.
All the best for the examination, prepare well.