Indian Statistical Institute Admission Test 2019:
The Indian Statistical Institute Act,1959 of the parliament of India was amended in 1995. Indian Statistical Institute was declared as an Institute of National importance and was authorized to hold examinations and concede degrees and diplomas in fields like Statistics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative economics and in any other related subjects. This widespread university of India is the ancient and most prestigious institutions focused on Statistics. Indian statistical institute is an urban campus with locations at Kolkata ( headquarter ), Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Tezpur, Hyderabad, Giridih.
Under the guidance and leadership of Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis (founder), the institute initiated and nurtured the interaction of statistics of natural and social science to advance the mantle of statistics as a key technology by elucidating the twin aspects – it’s general applicability and it’s dependence on another exercise for its own development. The institute is now contemplated as one of the elite centers in the world for training and research in computer science, statistics, quantitative economics, and related sciences.
The major deeds of Indian Statistical Institute include research and training of statistics, development of theoretical statistics and it’s applications in various natural and social sciences. Indian Statistical Institute conducts Admission tests every year and the admission is strictly based on merits obtained by the applicants which are assessed from their presentation in Indian Statistical Institute admission test and personal interviews. The previous academic results may also be taken into consideration for the purpose of performance evaluation.
ISI Admission Test Registration:
In order to appear for the examination, the applicants need to register themselves with the official website. The registration process consists of a few steps that need to follow by the students carefully. These steps include –
Step 1 – Register
To register for Indian Statistical Institute admission test, applicants have to visit the official website and fill in the basic details asked by them.
Step 2 – Filling the Online application form
Personal, academic, exam related and contact details have to be submitted accurately in order to fill the form.
Step 3 – Payment of fees
Applicants can pay the fee through SBI payment gateway, it can also be accepted in cash through Bank challan of SBI. The application fee details are –
- The application fee will be Rs.1000 for all candidates in the general category.
- The application fee will be Rs.500 for the reserved ( OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PWD ) category candidates for all programmes.
ISI Admissions Test 2019 Application Form Details:
Applications are summoned for eligible aspirants for admission to the degree and diploma programmes offered by the Indian Statistical Institute.ISI offers admission through its national level entrance exams and personal interview.Candidates are advised to furnish the Indian Statistical Institute application form 2019 only if they are competent according to the eligibility criteria specified in the student’s prospectus.
- The application form will be acquired from the eligible candidates through online mode.
- The online application will be opened from the first week of February 2019.
The end date to fill the application form and submit fees will be the 2nd week of March 2019.
- Please upload the digital copy of the photograph, scanned copy of applicant’s signature and supporting documents related to insisting of reservation.
This ISI entrance exam is a gateway to get admission in B. Statistics (Hons.), B. Mathematics (Hons.), M. Statistics, M. Mathematics, M. Science (quantitative economics), Pg diplomas and Research fellowship programmes, etc. The Indian Statistical Institute admission test is held at a number of centers across the country.
ISI Admissions Test Eligibility Criteria:
The Indian Statistical Institute 2019 is directed to propose admission in different courses. The qualifying criteria for divergent courses are different. The aspirants should inspect the criteria of the particular course for which they are going to register. This institute provides the undergraduate and postgraduate courses for Candidates in which encompasses bachelor’s, diplomas and master degree courses.
Here are the following courses and their particular criteria –
|B.Statistics (Hons.)/B.mathematics(Hons.)||Applicant must have passed higher secondary or equivalent the exam|
|M. Technology (computer science)||Applicant must have a master’s degree or B.tech/B.E in relevant subjects|
|M.mathematics||Applicant must have completed 3 years bachelor degree/B.E or B.tech in relevant subjects|
|M.science (quantitative economics)||Applicant must have completed 3 years bachelor degree/B.E or B.tech in relevant subjects|
|M.technology(quality reliability and operations research)||Applicant must have completed master’s degree in B.tech/B.E in relevant field|
|M.science(quality management science)||Applicant must have 3 years degree/BE or B.tech in relevant field|
|M.science(library and information science)||Undergraduate education in any discipline|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Computer application||3 years duration graduation degree with mathematics|
The other criteria of admission involve –
- Nationality – Applicant must be resident of India and the overseas candidate can apply.
Appearing candidates – Candidates those who complete their qualifying exam before 1st July 2019 may also apply.If selected the admission of the aspirant will be provisional and pending until the announcement of results. In such cases, the application of the candidate is also subjected to cancellation if the final exams are not completed/failed as on or before the due date.
ISI Admission 2019 Exam Dates (tentative):
Presidency university admission test clashes with four other entrance exams as on now. The exact exam schedule for Indian Statistical Institute admission test 2019 will be out on due time. For now, the tentative dates declared are as follows –
- The release of official notification – January 2019
- Availability of application form – February 2019
- End date to submit online application form – March 2019
- End date for payment of application fees – March 2019
- Downloading of Admit cards – 1-2 weeks prior to the exam
- Examination date of Indian Statistical Institute 2019 – May 2019
- Declaration of results – June 2019
ISI Admission Exam Pattern:
The students appearing for the Indian Statistical Institute admission test 2019 must be updated on the exam pattern for the same. It comprises of two parts – 1st part mandatory for all applicants and 2nd part will be based on the subject/discipline chosen by the appearing candidates. The time duration is 4 hours divided into two sessions of 2 hours each. The first session is held from 10.30 am – 12.30 pm and the second session from 2 pm – 4 pm.
- Mode – Exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Question pattern – MCQs will be asked in the forenoon and descriptive type in the afternoon session.
- Marking scheme – It varies with different courses.
Part 1 – This is the compulsory part and consists of MCQs/descriptive questions in the mathematics of the undergraduate level. It comprises of 30 questions for 120 marks and a duration of 2 hours.
Part 2 – This is the descriptive wise section which consists of MCQs or descriptive questions.
Computer science aspirants have five sections in the part 2 paper with questions asked from computer science, engineering, and technology at the B.tech level.
Part 1 – 30 questions compulsory to be answered.
Part 2 – 70 questions from 5 sections. The candidates have to mandatorily answer 1 out of the 5 sections.
Quality reliability and operations research pattern:-
Part 1 (statistics/mathematics stream) – There will be 5sections from statistics & probability where candidates have to answer 6 questions taking a minimum of 2 from each section.
Part 2 (engineering stream) – There will be 4 questions from mathematics and 6 from engineering and technology where aspirants have to answer 2 minimum from each section.
|Course||Forenoon subject||Afternoon subject|
|M.technology(computer science)||Mathematics||Mathematics/physics/statistics/engineering technology/computer science|
|M.technology(quality reliability & operations research)||Mathematics||Probability/statistics/engineering/mathematics|
The pattern needs to understood carefully in order to appear at your best in the examination. The pattern described would be of great help for the candidates if grasped with interest and care.
ISI Admission Test Syllabus:
The syllabus for the examination in a particular course will be unique. The questions will be generally based on 12th and undergraduate level, not much tough for the candidates.
So the syllabus for the particular course is as follows –
- Algebra:- Sets, operation on sets, prime numbers, factorization of integers and divisibility, rational and irrational numbers, permutations and combinations, binomial theorem, the theory of quadratic equations and expression, matrices and determinants.
- Geometry – Plane geometry, the geometry of two dimensions with Cartesian and polar coordinates, equation of a line,angle between two lines, distance from a point to a line, concept of locus,area of triangle, equation of circle,parabola, ellipse and hyperbola and equation of their tangent and normal, mensuration.
- Trigonometry – a measure of angles, trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions, trigonometric identities including formulae, solutions of trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, heights and distance.
- Calculus – Sequences-bounded sequences, monotone sequences, limits of a sequence, functions, one-on-one functions, onto functions, limits, and continuity, derivatives and methods of differentiation, the slope of a curve, tangents and normals, definite and indefinite integrals, evaluation of area using integrals.
Science ( quantitative economics ) –
- Algebra,linear algebra,calculus, elementary statistics.
Science ( library & information science ) –
- Part 1 – Compulsory 30 objective questions to test the candidate’s reasoning and quantitative skills.Knowledge of mathematics, the ability to read and understand graphs & statistical tables.
- Part 2 – 30 objective questions to test language proficiency and aptitude. It also tests the knowledge of books, libraries, information technology, etc.
Science ( quality management science ) –
- Algebra,matrix algebra, calculus.
Tecnology ( quality reliability & operations research ) –
- Statistics, probability.
ISI Admission Test Preparation Tips:
- Download the syllabus from the official website of Indian Statistical Institute admission test 2019.
- The candidates need to create a study plan and follow it regularly for best results.
- There are two ways to get started with the preparation of exam – 1st is self-study and 2nd is joining any coaching institute along with self-study.
- For self-study, candidates need to go for standard study books prescribed by the particular board and learn the topics.
- Aspirants should be preparing short notes on every important topic as to keep them intact in there mind.
- They should be practicing regularly under serious exam condition so as to evaluate their performance and growth.
- Along with study material, candidates need to take good self-care too as a healthy mind generates better results.
- Regular practicing is the key to every success in the examination.
- If the candidate faces any problems, he/she Clear it out with their guide in order to secure good marks.
How to crack ISI admission test 2019?
This is the most frequent question asked by the candidates before appearing for the exams. They seem to be very keen on knowing the tactitactics or tricks from their seniors in order to crack the ISI exam.
So here are some tips that might help them in securing good score in their ISI examination –
- The candidates should give at their most 10-12 hours of self-study per day.
- Make notes on important topics
- Solve previous years question papers, this would be of great help to them.
- Keep themselves updated about every pros and con of the examination.
- The examination pattern should be learned by them so that they don’t waste any time in understanding it in the examination hall.
- Time management is the key point for every student, they should know well how to invest their precious time.
- Candidates should refer to standard books. The best books that could be referred to are –
- Hall and knight – High school mathematics – M.L. KHANNA
- Calculus and analytic geometry – G.N.BERMAN, THOMAS AND FINNEY, LONEY, I.A.MARON
- Vectors – M.L.KHANNA
- Modern geometry – M.A.DURREL
- Plane trigonometry – S.L.LONEY
- Higher algebra – S.BARNARD and J.M.CHILD
- Mathematical problems with elementary solutions – A.M.YAGLOM
- Problems on the calculus of one variable – I.A.MARON ( Mir publishers ).
As referred above, there are many books available in the market so it is advisable to consider the standard books only.
Rest is the best wishes to the students appearing for the examination.No exam is tough enough for the right candidate to clear.