IPU CET (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test) is a university level examination conducted by Indraprastha University. It serves as an entry-level examination for getting admission in IPU and its 100 affiliated colleges, 76 of which are self-financed. Students can pursue courses in the field of engineering, medical, administration, nursing, management, law and computer applications.
IPU was established in 1998 under the Govt. of National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi. The full name is Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). IPU conducts different exams for different courses. There isn’t any common exam for all the courses. There are separate exams for engineering, management, law and for medical NEET score is considered. For M.Tech courses GATE valid score is used to short list the candidates.
ABOUT IPU CET 2019
The registration process for IPU CET 2019 will be completely online and will begin in the month of March and April, tentatively. No offline application submission will be accepted. Candidates should fill in the details correctly and keep their documents ready. Remember to check the registration process and application form details on our website.
IPU CET 2019 will be conducted offline. Candidates will be given and OMR sheet. Students have to darken the correct option out of four choices with a blue or black pen. Stay tuned to our website to know more about IPUCET exam pattern and syllabus.
Candidates who have to register for undergraduate courses must have passed class 12th examination. For postgraduate and doctoral courses, the candidate must be a graduate. To know more about eligibility details for different courses, check our website.
Candidates can choose more than one course at the time of choice filling. They have to register separately for each course and pay the fee as per the norms.
Also check out the preparation tips, rules and regulations of IPU CET 2019.
The admit card will be available for download one week before the examination. The admit card will not be sent to the candidate by post or any other means. Keep in mind that you download the admit card from the website otherwise you will not be allowed to enter the examination venue. The admit card can be downloaded by using your User ID and password.
The admit card will carry the personal details of the candidate as well as the date, time and venue of IPU CET 2019.
The counseling will Be conducted in offline mode. The offline counseling will be held separately at each college/university. The counseling dates and venue will be announced after the declaration of result. The counseling will start in the month of June, 2019.
Candidates have to pay the fee for counseling through online mode. Make sure you mark your calendars and appear for the counseling at the concerned university, once selected.
The seat allotment will be done on the basis of merit list, the number of seats available, the cut-off of each programme and the choices filled. The documents will also be verified during the counseling process.
IPU CET RESULT 2019
The result for IPU CET 2019 will be declared online two weeks after the examination. The candidates can access their result by logging in using their credentials. The merit list will be declared on the basis of marks secured by the candidate.
IPU CET 2019 Registration:
The candidates who aspire to get admission in IPU and affiliated institutes, can check out the registration process on our website. Before registering for IPU CET 2019, candidates must make sure that they are eligible for the examination. The registration starts in last week of January, 2019 and ends at 3rd week of April, 2019.
Step 1: Before Applying Online, Candidates Must Make Sure:
- The entries made while filling the application form online are correct.
- They have scanned images of their photograph, signature and thumb impression in jpg format and of required size.
- The details given by the candidates must match with their official documents.
- Candidates should keep a future copy of the application form for further correspondence in the future.
Step 2: Create your account:
- Visit the official website http://www.ipu.ac.in/.
- This is first step in the registration process. It is necessary for aspirants to create an account so that you can edit and save your details anytime by logging in to your account.
- Enter your full name, date of birth, phone number and Email address. Verify your Email address and mobile number. This will come in handy if you forget your password.
- Set a strong password and create you account.
Step 3: Log In To Your Account:
- Log in to your newly formed account using your username and password.
- Enter your academic details like the name of school/college you studied from, the year of passing and the aggregate marks obtained. It is necessary to check if you are eligible or not and will be verified with your documents.
- Enter other details like gender, nationality and address for correspondence.
- After entering all the details, upload all the required scanned documents and images in required size and format.
- Double-check all the details and agree to the terms and conditions. Now submit the application form.
- Complete the payment online.
- The application fee is Rs. 1000.
- Payment can be made online using credit card, debit card or internet banking.
For more details visit: https://cdn.digialm.com//per/g01/pub/850/EForms/image/Updated%20GGSIPU_User%20Manual2018_15Feb.pdf .
IPU CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates must check out the eligibility criteria before applying for the IPU CET 2019. Without fulfilling the eligibility criteria, the admission will be cancelled.
- For UG courses: The candidate must have passed 12th standard examination with minimum 55% marks for General category students and 50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- For PG courses: The candidate must have a graduation degree with minimum 60% marks for General category students and 55% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
Candidates must also check out these rules and regulations before starting the registration process.
- Make sure you fill in all the mandatory fields in the Application Form.
- The Email ID and your mobile number must not change throughout the registration process.
- The same Email ID cannot be used more than once.
- There is no provision for correction after the submission of Application Form. So make sure you verify all the fields properly.
- The valid government issued ID are Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Driver’s License and Passport. A scanned copy of any of them must be uploaded in the application form. Candidates will also be required to carry the ID along with the admit card to the examination centre.
- Any other ID proof will not be accepted.
- Candidates with disabilities have to upload a medical certificate issued by Central or State government.
- Candidates will also have to upload their Parents or Guardians ID and their mobile number.
- Verify your mobile number and email address for security purpose.
- The OBC/SC/ST candidates have to upload the category certificate.
- Candidates have to choose 3 locations for test centres in order of their preference.
- Read the declaration carefully and confirm the same online.
- Keep a scanned image of your left thumb impression ready to be uploaded.
IPU CET 2019 Important Dates:
The candidates who are interested in getting admission in IPU and affiliated institutes should check out the important dates of IPU CET 2019. The official schedule for IPU CET 2019 has not arrived yet. We will give out tentative dates based on the schedule of previous years. This article gives out tentative dates when the registration opens and ends, the date of examination, the admit card, the answer key, grievances and result date.
Make sure you stay tuned to our website until the official schedule arrives. Check out the table below for more details:
|Release of Application Form||Last week of January, 2019|
|Deadline of Form Submission||Last week of March, 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||Two week before the exam|
|Examination Date||Starting from 3rd week of April, 2019|
|Result Declaration||In the month of May, 2019|
IPU CET 2019 Exam Pattern:
This article brings out the IPU CET 2019 exam pattern and syllabus. Check out the table below for more details:
This article brings out the COMEDK UGET 2019 exam pattern and syllabus. Check out the table below for more details:
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for each correct answer and -1 mark for each wrong answer|
|Syllabus||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology (12th standard) for graduation courses, graduation subjects for post graduation and doctoral courses|
|Type of Questions||Objective (Multiple Choice Questions)|
IPU CET 2019 Preparation Tips:
How to Crack IPU CET 2019?
The candidates who have checked out the eligibility details, tentative dates and all the other information can start their preparation in order to crack IPU CET 2019. No matter what the exam, the strategy remains pretty much the same. The things that change are the syllabus, reference material and the hours you put in for each subject. Here is the preparation guide for getting admission in colleges and universities of Karnataka:
- First of all collect all the information about IPU CET 2019 like eligibility to appear for the examination, exam format, syllabus and exam dates.
- Start by making a proper time-table. Since every subject carries equal marks, try to allot equal time for every subject.
- Go over the entire syllabus and note down all the topics. Collect the books and all reference material needed for preparation.
- After covering the entire syllabus once, make a new time-table and allot equal time for revision of all the subjects. Revision should be done in a smart way and keep separate short notes of important concepts.
- After some practice revision will get easier and faster. Now collect all the previous year question papers and start solving them daily.
- Solve at least two previous year question papers of IPU CET every day. Solve these papers like you would solve the actual exam; within the given time frame. Through this practice, candidates will get an idea of how much time should be given to a particular type of question.
- Keep the time limit in mind and don’t get stuck on a particular question. Skip the questions you find more time-consuming and return to those questions once you are done with the rest of the paper. This is the correct method of attempting the question paper to complete it on time and score good marks.
- Finally solve some fresh mock test papers and do the last revision.
- Do not study anything one day before the exam. It will only add to the stress, and not the score. Relax your mind, have proper rest and meal. Stay motivated as hard work always pays.