International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore (IIIT-B) was established in 1999. It is funded by the Government of Karnataka and the IT (Information Technology) sector. It is one of the premier institutes in the field of quality education, research, innovation, entrepreneurship, and corporate sector. IIIT-B has collaborations with leading academic institutions, IT industry, world leaders and leading scientists.
IIIT-B has 100% placement record in both Internships and Full-Time Employee (FTE), with most of the internships converting to FTE. It is AICTE approved deemed university. It has world-class infrastructure and faculties.
Programmes Offered by IIIT (Bangalore):
There is no undergraduate level programme offered at IIIT-B. The programmes offered are Integrated M.Tech programmes, Master of Technology (M.Tech) post-graduate programmes, Master of Science in Research or Digital Society and Doctor of Philosophy.
These are the programmes offered by IIIT-B:
- 5-year Integrated Master of Technology (M.Tech) in:
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- 2- year Master of Technology (M.Tech) in:
- Information Technology (IT)
- Electronics Systems Design (ESD)
- Data Science
- Networking and Communication
- Software Engineering
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in:
- Research (3-5 years)
- Digital Society (2 years)
- Post Graduate Diploma in:
- Data Science
- Software Development
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Research course :
- Master of Science by Research
- Doctor of Philosophy
Differences between course-based and research-based programmes:
The course-based programmes have a fixed duration but research-based programmes are student-paced. The course-based programmes are only available for full-time whereas research-based programmes are available for both part-time and full-time. Working professionals usually opt for part-time research programmes. They have to get a no-objection letter from their employer.
The first three years of M.Tech consists of academic work and for the final year, students can apply for internship or research and work on their thesis under a supervisor appointed by the university.
IIIT (Bangalore) Selection Procedure:
- The candidates for Integrated M.Tech programme are selected on the basis of their JEE The marks scored in 10+2 are also taken into consideration.
- The candidates for M.tech programmes are selected on the basis of GATE The marks scored in graduation are also taken into consideration.
A separate interview round will also be conducted after the exam. The candidates must also check out the eligibility details on our website, failing which the admission will be denied.
IIIT (Bangalore) Grading System:
IIIT-B follows a 4-point grading system. These grades reflect the overall performance of a student. There are two types of grading points:
- Semester Grade Point Average (SGPA): It indicates the performance of a student in all the subjects of a semester.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA): It reflects the overall performance of a student in all the courses up to the point of computation.
There are twelve letter grades. The candidate whose grade is ‘F’ will have to repeat the course or select a different course. The candidates who do not meet all the requirements of a course will be given ‘I’ grade. Candidates whose CGPA is below 2.4 will be given a chance to improve their grade according to the university provision. The grades ‘S’ and ‘X’ will be given awards for their thesis or project. The table below gives the meaning of the grade and the corresponding CGPA.
|LETTER GRADE||POINT||LETTER GRADE||POINT|
|A- (Excellent)||3.7||C+ (Satisfactory)||2.4|
|B+ (Good)||3.4||C (Satisfactory)||2.0|
|B- (Good)||3.0||D (Poor)||1.0|
IIIT (Bangalore) M.Tech 2019 Counseling:
The counseling process is completely offline and will take place in the month of April 2019, tentatively. The candidates are short-listed on the basis of their GATE or JEE score. The time and venue the counseling will be specified in the call letter. The short-listed candidates have to go through an interview round. The candidates who make it through the interview round have to pay the admission fee. During the counseling, the documents of candidates will also be verified.
Candidates must bring their 10th and 12th mark sheets, GATE scorecard, Application Form for IIIT-B 2019, recent passport size photograph, the government-issued ID (Aadhar, PAN, driving license, passport or voter ID) and category certificate (if applicable).
IIIT (Bangalore) M.Tech 2019 Seat Allotment:
The candidates will be allotted seat on the basis of GATE score. IIIT-b releases the first list for candidates who meet all the requirements. If there are remaining seats, it may release the second list. There is also no fixed cut-off score to get into IIIT-B. The minimum cut-off was 600 in ECE paper in GATE according to last year.
IIIT (Bangalore) M.Tech 2019 Application Form:
Candidates have to follow the follow the following steps in order to fill the Application form correctly online.
- Visit the URL http://iiitb.in/applynow to start the online application process.
- Enter your personal details like Full Name, Parent’s Name, Gender, Blood Group, Date of Birth, Email-ID, mobile number, Address, Category.
- Enter your academic details like Educational Qualification, Qualifying marks, year of passing
- Candidates also have to enter their Aadhar Card number and upload the image in the required size and format.
- Select the programme you are interested in.
- Make the payment of Rs. 1000 through VISA/ Master card etc.
- After the completion of payment, and Application number will be generated.
- Candidates will receive a confirmation on their registered Email-ID.
- Candidates can log in using this application number and password.
- Visit https://www.iiitb.ac.in/main-control/uploaded-files/1523255182.pdf for more details.
IIIT (Bangalore) 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates who aspire to get admission into IIIT-B and pursue M.tech or Integrated M.tech programme should check out the eligibility criteria. If any of these criteria are not met, the candidates will not be granted admission.
This article brings out the information about the educational qualification, minimum qualifying marks, or age limit needed to get admission in IIIT-B.
IIIT-B offers inter-disciplinary admission, which means that a candidate of one stream can apply for admission into a different stream. Check out the table below for more details:
|PROGRAMME (M.TECH)||APPEARING GATE PAPER|
|Information Technology (IT)||· Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)
· Electrical Engineering (EE)
· Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)
|Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)||Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)|
|Electronic Systems Design (ESD)||· Instrumentation Engineering (IN)
· Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
|Electronics and Communication (ECE)||· Electrical Engineering (EE)
· Electronics and Communication (ECE)
· Instrumentation Engineering (IN)
IIIT (Bangalore) Integrated M.Tech Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with first division.
- The required cut-off in Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) 2019.
IIIT (Bangalore) M.Tech Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate must have at least 65% in the qualifying bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their graduation can also apply.
There is no specified age-limit. The candidates have to have a valid GATE score. So candidates should also check out the eligibility criteria for GATE 2019.
IIIT (Bangalore) Important Dates:
Check out the important dates for IIIT-B M.Tech Admission 2019. Since there is no official schedule yet, all the dates mentioned here are tentative. Students must keep checking until the official schedule arrives. This tentative schedule will ensure that the aspirants do not miss anything and complete their preparation in time.
|Online Application Starts||3rd week of March 2019|
|Online Application Ends||Last week of April 2019|
|Call letter for short-listed candidates||the 2nd week of May, 2019|
|Offline Counselling||3rd week of July 2019|
IIIT (Bangalore) M.Tech 2019 Preparation Tips:
Candidates must be familiar that in order to get admission in IIIT-B M.Tech programmes have to have a valid GATE score. The university will release the cut-off marks for respective branches after the release of GATE 2019 result. So candidates need to prepare religiously for GATE. We will give you some tips regarding this exam. Every person has their own way of studying but a little guidance can help them how to prepare in the right way.
- First of all collect all the information about GATE 2019 like eligibility to appear for the examination, exam format, syllabus, and exam dates.
- Start by making a proper timetable. Try to allow time to every subject according to its weight.
- Go over the entire syllabus and note down all the topics. Collect the books and all reference material needed for preparation.
- After covering the entire syllabus once, make a new timetable and allow equal time for revision of all the subjects. Revision should be done in a smart way and keep separate notes of important concepts.
- After some practice revision will get easier and faster. Now collect all the previous year question papers and start solving them daily.
- Solve at least one previous year question papers of GATE every day. Solve these papers like you would solve the actual exam; within the given time frame. Through this practice, candidates will get an idea of how much time should be given to a particular type of question.
- Keep the time limit in mind and don’t get stuck on a particular question. Skip the questions you find more time-consuming and return to those questions once you are done with the rest of the paper. This is the correct method of attempting the question paper to complete it on time and score good marks.
- Finally, solve some fresh mock test papers and do the last revision.
- Do not study anything one day before the exam. Relax your mind and stay motivated.