IIFT Exam Registration 2018 is to start on July 29, 2018, for IIFT 2018 Exam to be held on December 2, 2018. According to the IIFT Director’s office, “The IIFT 2018 exam notification will be released in the last week of July/First week of August 2018. The IIFT entrance exam registration will begin with the release of the notification ”
The IIFT Registration 2018 is to remain an Online process as was last year. Prior to that IIFT Exam Registration was available both in Online as well as Offline mode. In fact, the IIFT Registration 2018 is for the MBA (IB) course 2019-21 batch admission.
Accordingly, it is IIFT Registration 2019 for MBA (IB) 2019 admission through the IIFT entrance exam 2018.
IIFT Exam 2018 Registration:
- IIFT 2018 Registration dates may change by a few days
- IIFT Exam 2018 Registration is available only Online. The offline IIFT Registration process has been discontinued by IIFT.
- For IIFT Registration 2018, candidates have to download the IIFT Registration Form alongwith IIFT prospectus from IIFT Exam website – IIFT.edu
- The cost of Prospectus and Application Form for IIFT exam 2018 Registration is a one-time payment of Rs.1,550 (`775 for SC/ST/PWD candidates). This can be revised upwards.
- IIFT Registration 2018 Fee includes application screening and Entrance Test Fee. The candidates are not required to pay any other fee.
- SC/ST/PWD/OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates need to attach the requisite certificate with the Application Form at the time of submitting their IIFT Registration form.
IIFT 2018 Application Form Details:
- How to fill IIFT 2018 Application Form – Online
- Either click on the link below or visit the official website
- After clicking on the link, the page will display instructions related to IIFT 2018. Click “Apply Now”
- Now, choose the category you belong to and fill the application form.
- Fill the personal details, academic, and other asked details.
- Make application fee payment (online through credit card/debit card/net banking)
- Personal Information to be filled in the IIFT application form 2018
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s/ Guardian’s name
- Mother’s name
- Category- SC/ST/OBC/PH
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- E-mail address
- Mobile number
- Residential Address
All the above details are mandatory and need to be filled by every candidate in order to complete the application process.
IIFT 2018 Important Dates:
- IIFT Registration 2018 Dates and Fee: July 29, 2018
- IIFT 2018 Registration End Date. : September 15, 2018
- IIFT Registration 2018 Fee Rs.1550/- (Under revision)
- IIFT Registration 2018 Last Date to submit Request for Test Centre Change October 31, 2018
- IIFT Exam Registration Fee for Request to change Test Centre Rs.1000/– (Under Revision)
IIFT 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), Delhi, prescribes the eligibility criteria of IIFT entrance exam. As per the IIFT eligibility criteria 2018, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised
Institute/college in order to apply for the exam.
- Final year students of graduation are also eligible to apply. The application process for IIFT 2018 is expected to start in the last week of July and will continue until the mid of September. Candidates who are planning to apply for the exam must check the IIFT 2018 eligibility criteria before applying.
- IIFT 2018 will be conducted on December 2, 2018. IIFT exam is held for admission to the institute’s MBA (IB) programme at Delhi and Kolkata campus. Age Limit: There is no age limit for candidates to apply for the IIFT entrance exam.
- IIFT Eligibility Criteria 2018 for Foreign Nationals/NRI
- Foreign nationals/NRI candidates must have a valid GMAT score in order to apply for the IIFT exam.
- GMAT score should not be older than January 1, 2018.
NRI-sponsored candidates are not considered under this category.
There are certain criteria that a candidate need to fulfill in order to apply as a foreign national/candidate.
IIFT 2018 Exam Fees:
Accordingly, based on the last year IIFT Application fee, the IIFT application fee 2018 for IIFT Application form 2018 is Rs.1550/- for general category candidates. However, for SC/ST/PH Candidates, the IIFT 2018 exam application fee is Rs.775.
IIFT 2018 Exam Dates:
- IIFT 2018 Exam Dates:
- IIFT 2018 Admit Card Release Date: November 10, 2018
- IIFT 2018 Exam Date: December 2, 2018
- IIFT 2018 Result Date: January 5, 2019
IIFT 2018 Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
1. English Comprehension :
This section covers generally two sub-topics which are Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension. This section is likely to be moderate on the difficulty scale. This section includes the topics:
- Contextual usage
- Comprehension of passage
- Fill In the Blanks
- Verbal Reasoning
- Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences
- Errors in word choice
- Sentence correction
- Antonyms and Synonyms
2. Verbal Ability.
- Figures of speech
- Fill in the blanks
- Matching word meanings
- Odd word out
- Paragraph formation questions
3. GK & Business Awareness:
This section may have questions from various topics and the difficulty level of the same can vary from moderate to tough.
- Current Affairs
- Sports CE
- Awards & Honors
- Famous Personalities
- Buildings, Languages
- Inventions & Discoveries
- Indian & World Geography
- Indian & World History
- Democratic policy
- Current Events
4. Logical Reasoning
According to the IIFT 2019 syllabus, this section is likely to contain 20-25 objective questions. And, it is
likely to be difficult considering the previous year’s record.
- Critical reasoning
- Visual reasoning
- Assertion and reasons
- Statements and conclusions
- Identifying valid inferences
- Identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments
- Statements and assumptions
- Identifying Probably true
- Family tree problem
- Symbol Based problems
- Matrix arrangements
- Coding and decoding
5. Data Interpretation –
- Bar Graph
- Line Graph
- Pie Chart
- Caselets etc.
6. Quantitative Ability:
The Quantitative Ability part is usually the most difficult section for candidates. It needs a lot of practice.
- Ratios and Proportion
- Profit & Loss
- Harmonic mean
- Number system
- Alligation & Mixtures
- Number Base System
- Arithmetic progression
- Geometric Progression
- Arithmetic mean
- Geometric mean
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Permutations & Combinations
- Maxima & Minima Progression
- Median, Mode
- Set Theory
- Installment Payments
- Partnership, Clocks
- Binomial Expansion
- Venn Diagram
- Finally, the Preparation Tips?
IIFT 2018 Preparation Tips:
1. IIFT tests you on speed as well as accuracy
Considering IIFT is a 2-hour exam, it tests you on speed as well as accuracy. In fact, most questions are not that difficult but you simply won’t have the time to solve everything. Therefore, be ready to skip questions and search for the doable ones. Getting stuck is not an option in this exam.
2. Remember, you have to mark answers!
Why is this a point? Well, there are some students who solve the questions and don’t mark the OMR side by side. This leaves some of them pretty vulnerable and people have missed marking answers on the OMR previously. Make sure you mark the answers side by side and make this a part of your time-management.
3. Be careful of the cut-offs
Overall, the cut-offs for the sections are generally pretty low and it is easier to cross them (in comparison to other exams) but you cannot screw-up a section. Make sure you attempt the bare minimum questions in every section to do well.
4. Check out the analysis for the previous year exam here
This is going to give you an exact idea of the topics and major areas that appear in the exam. It is important to understand the nature and structure of the exam.
5. Time management is the key
Time management is the key for the exam. Make sure you devise a section/sub-section wise breakup based on your strengths.
Ideally, you can give about 10 minutes to GK and then divide the remaining time depending upon your strengths.
An ideal break-up is:
- GK: 10 minutes
- VA: 20 minutes
- RC: 20 minutes
- QA: 25 minutes
- LR: 25 minutes
- DI: 20 minutes
You can add or subtract 5 to 7 minutes from these sections based upon your strengths and weaknesses.
- IIFT General Awareness/Knowledge Strategy and Preparation
This is one section that you can probably go for right at the start of the exam. Remember, the trick with GK is that you should gauge the section level and try to solve as many questions as possible without getting into the trap of over-analyzing and spending too much time on the section. If the section is on the easier side, then you attempt the section aggressively. If the section is tougher, then lower your attempt and keep in mind that a tough GK section will have a very low cut-off. In general, the cut-off for this section is pretty low and do not randomly guess questions. A couple of extra negatives might cost you the section cut-off.
To prepare for IIFT General knowledge, make sure you are going through the following:
- Major events of the last six months (remember, you need to focus on news from
- Major business events: product launches, acquisitions, CEOs
Study some Static GK lists and topics. You can use these two sections for this:
- Focus on the revision of core concepts
- Cover up as much GK content as you can but remember, overloading yourself won’t help. Cover only as much as you are comfortable with.
- Work on your calculation speeds
Be clear with your exam strategy and solve a couple of previous year papers-
1 or 2 Mocks are more than enough.
More than actual learning of concepts, you should focus on being in the right mental frame for the test. You can improve your scores by simply being ready for the different pattern that IIFT features. Most of you have solved Mock CATs and are not ready for the change. Make sure you keep this in mind.
Well, this wraps up this rather long piece for IIFT preparation. Hopefully, you have learned something valuable and you can build your exam strategy based on this.